PDA

View Full Version : For those of us running really late...

Stephanie_Millner
06-17-2008, 12:26 AM
How do we pay for late case entry fee? Do you have to put in extra money into the case? Want to ship it NOWWWWW!

Keith_A_Howe
06-17-2008, 12:49 AM
When you go on line you will have an option to register on line or download forms. If you reg. on line it will charge you credit card the correct amount and it will do all the forms and have you print them out and place them on your prints. If you reg. on line awhile ago at the lesser rate then when you send in you print case you will be getting a call from Jim Dingwell to collect the difference due. If you down load the forms - then you fill them all out by hand, follow the instructions and place the check in the print case.

Personally I liked the online reg. as I loaded the printer with 8.5x11 labels and just cut apart and stuck them on, all filled out nice and neet.
Good Luck
Keith

Stephanie_Millner
06-17-2008, 01:37 AM
Ok, so the late fee will be collected by Jim Dingwell at a later date then, right?

Liz_Vance
06-17-2008, 01:39 AM
Oh jeez. I have GOT to get my case in the mail!

[prefaced by, I have GOT to pick my prints!]

-e

Noelle_Zaleski
06-17-2008, 01:42 AM
I'm on the late train also ladies!

Lori_Clapp
06-17-2008, 01:51 AM
I think I'm on the caboose cuz I didn't even know I could still send mine in until Camp Howe!! I was finally okay with not entering since the deadline had passed and there was nothing I could do about it, and then......Keith tells me it's not too late - so....I registered and paid, but still have not sent them!! At least I am not alone! In fact, I'm in pretty darn good company!

Noelle_Zaleski
06-17-2008, 01:54 AM
Yup, good company!! :) :)

DianeDavis
06-17-2008, 03:46 AM
I believe that I will be early--- for next year. :(

Rick_Massarini
06-17-2008, 04:39 AM
Hey - don't feel like the Lone Ranger... I work at the judging every year (so I can't say that I didn't know when the deadline was) and I'm just printing my prints right now.
PPA just makes a few extra bucks out of us procrastinators....

Lori_Clapp
06-22-2008, 06:29 AM
My case is offically in the mail as of yesterday!!! Yay me! C'mon slow pokes, get those things sent!

Don_Chick
06-22-2008, 12:15 PM
Didn't anyone tell you? They were judged last week..... The results are posted over on ppa.com :eek: :D Jeff's case didn't make it either....

Noelle_Zaleski
06-22-2008, 12:25 PM
:mad: oh nooooooooooooooooooooooo........

Liz_Vance
06-22-2008, 01:25 PM
Don, you almost gave me a heart attack. I just woke up and am barely functioning. Never mind that I just checked the date (in a panic) last night, I still went, 'WHAT?!??! OH NO!!!":p

I've still got time. I'm planning on mailing it on Monday. :)

Noelle_Zaleski
06-22-2008, 01:28 PM
Mailed mine on Friday, yey!!

Lori_Clapp
06-22-2008, 01:37 PM
Didn't anyone tell you? They were judged last week..... The results are posted over on ppa.com :eek: :D Jeff's case didn't make it either....

At least I would have a reason for not scoring well then.

Rick_Massarini
06-24-2008, 09:06 AM
At least I would have a reason for not scoring well then.

At National you can only get one of three possible scores - Not Accepted, Merit, or Loan - no numerical scores are given...

D._Craig_Flory
06-24-2008, 01:34 PM
At National you can only get one of three possible scores - Not Accepted, Merit, or Loan - no numerical scores are given...

Hi Rick;

You forgot ... One thumb up and four down OR two thumbs up and three down OR three thumbs up and two thumbs down OR four thumbs up and one down OR five thumbs up and none down. Those are "numbers". ;)

Keith_A_Howe
06-24-2008, 01:56 PM
Hi Rick;

You forgot ... One thumb up and four down OR two thumbs up and three down OR three thumbs up and two thumbs down OR four thumbs up and one down OR five thumbs up and none down. Those are "numbers". ;)

D. Craig, At national there are six judges on every panel, more for loan. So your " numbers" are wrong. The only person who knows how many yes and how many no votes there are is the jury chair. So Rick is right, no numerical scores are given.

Keith

D._Craig_Flory
06-24-2008, 03:10 PM
D. Craig, At national there are six judges on every panel, more for loan. So your " numbers" are wrong. The only person who knows how many yes and how many no votes there are is the jury chair. So Rick is right, no numerical scores are given.

Keith

I was kidding and that's why I had a smiley at the end. :p

Keith_A_Howe
06-24-2008, 03:49 PM
I was kidding and that's why I had a smiley at the end. :p

I knew you were kidding but I didn't want a first timer to think they would be given a numerical score of how many yes or no votes they got.

FWIW, scoring machines are used at national but they are simple red and green lights. Green meaning yes, red meaning no. The machine that shows how many red or green lights is hidden under the judging table and turned so the jury chair is the only one who can see it. So if it's 5 against and 1 for the print, and that one judge wants to challenge, they have no idea how many jurors they need to convince. I think this makes it more fair because a judge does not hesitate to challenge knowing they are the only one in favor of the print. A loan panel is more than 6 judges and then the "thumb" system is used. If my memory is correct it takes 2/3rds in favor to go loan.

Keith

Rick_Massarini
06-24-2008, 07:22 PM
My case was finally shipped out yesterday - by air - so for everybody who thinks that they're late - I'll bet I've got you all beat !!!

Liz_Vance
06-24-2008, 07:47 PM
My case was finally shipped out yesterday - by air - so for everybody who thinks that they're late - I'll bet I've got you all beat !!!

How much money would you like to put on that? (I SWEAR I'm going to the post office today!)

-e

Liz_Vance
06-25-2008, 01:28 AM
And $53 dollars for overnight shipping later.... the case has been sent! Am I the last one? Anyone else still holding on to their case?

-e

Rick_Massarini
06-25-2008, 06:28 AM
OK Liz, you win!! You're the latest... And mine only cost me 35.50 to ship. Hey, maybe we need to start a competition for who has the MOST EXPENSIVE print case??? Did you request a critique? If you didn't, I may still have you ... but since you're on the forum, I really doubt that you would have sent it in without a critique requested...
So I guess I'm still in second place as to the most expensive case... dang it !!! I can't win at anything....

D._Craig_Flory
06-25-2008, 02:37 PM
OK Liz, you win!! You're the latest... And mine only cost me 35.50 to ship. Hey, maybe we need to start a competition for who has the MOST EXPENSIVE print case??? Did you request a critique? If you didn't, I may still have you ... but since you're on the forum, I really doubt that you would have sent it in without a critique requested...
So I guess I'm still in second place as to the most expensive case... dang it !!! I can't win at anything....

Hi Rick;

I'll bet, if there was a Cajun Cooking Contest on here you would win big time !!! So that is something you can win. ;)

Louise_St.Romain
06-25-2008, 03:06 PM
Hi Rick;

I'll bet, if there was a Cajun Cooking Contest on here you would win big time !!! So that is something you can win. ;)

I don't know about that :D being that I'm from just outside of New Orleans originally ... :p

Linda_Gregory
06-25-2008, 08:23 PM
Rick??? You cook???

BTW, you're a winner in my book, even if you ARE cheap with your case! har har

And, it could be more expensive if you had a larger, master's case to send.

Rick_Massarini
06-26-2008, 05:34 AM
Hi Rick;

No way - I can't cook !!! I'm probably the only person out there that could burn water ! After being a Scout Leader for many years, about the only thing that I can cook is backpacking food - and all you do with that is throw everything you can find into one pot and heat it up - hey - you know, that sounds a little like Louisiana Gumbo doesn't it ???

D._Craig_Flory
06-26-2008, 01:48 PM
No way - I can't cook !!! I'm probably the only person out there that could burn water ! After being a Scout Leader for many years, about the only thing that I can cook is backpacking food - and all you do with that is throw everything you can find into one pot and heat it up - hey - you know, that sounds a little like Louisiana Gumbo doesn't it ???

Hi Rick;

I'll bet you can make good mac and cheese and also cocoa. ;) I knew we had something in common. I was a Cub Scout, Boy Scout, & Explorer Scout. I know all about freezed dried foods. In the early 70's I hiked over 600 miles of the Appalacian Trail over a couple years.

Rick_Massarini
06-27-2008, 09:04 AM
Hey, gimme a break - when I say I can't cook - I mean that I'm the ONLY ScoutLeader in this entire universe that can't cook! The famous traditional Boy Scout cobblers - forget it - when I'm involved, they're inedible. My boys do a better job cooking than I do !!! I even leave the "Hunters Stew and baked potatoes" to my SPL (Senior Patrol Leader) to cook" - it seems totally simplistic - just drop everything in an aluminum foil pouch and drop it in the campfire --- but I just always seem to burn it!)... Anyway, the way I look at it is this - if it ain't totally burnt - and the bears haven't got it already - then it's edible! Along the lines of a total contrast - my son, an Eagle Scout from our troop, is a part-time waiter at one of New Orleans' finest restaraunts - K-Paul's - the famous Paul Prudhomme's only restaraunt. Now isn't that irony! I can't bake a potato and he makes recomendations as to which wine to order - at a 4 star restaraunt !!!!!

ehhhh...sorry about sidetracking this thread ...just got distracted with personal stuff - hey everybody -let's get back to print competition now and enough of my personal babblings...
Just one last Scouting note...
Always - TLH-FCK-OCT-BCR
...all the scouts out there know what those 12 letters mean...

Stephanie_Millner
06-27-2008, 02:51 PM
So out of curiosity - is there anyone left whom STILL has yet to mail in his or her case?

(Mine's been gone for weeks now!)

Mark_Levesque
06-27-2008, 03:08 PM
Always - TLH-FCK-OCT-BCR
...all the scouts out there know what those 12 letters mean...

trustworthy
loyal
helpful
friendly
courteous
kind
obedient
cheerful
thrifty
brave
clean
reverent

Angela_Lawson
06-27-2008, 03:27 PM
So out of curiosity - is there anyone left whom STILL has yet to mail in his or her case?

(Mine's been gone for weeks now!)

Well, I purchased a case about a month ago with every intention of at least trying to have a go at my first time in competition, but the case is still here. So, I guess that would make me very late for this year. Or maybe really early for next year.:o

Angela

Stephanie_Millner
06-27-2008, 03:36 PM
Angela - do you have prints to send? You have a couple days still if you send by Priority Mail!

Angela_Lawson
06-27-2008, 05:09 PM
Stephanie,

After having just gone thru all the image submission stuff for certification, I am looking at everything now, and seeing yuck! I've lost perspective, so I didn't have anything printed. Up until this week, I kept thinking, oh, I'll find something that will jump out at me to be printed (was going back thru old files recently), but I finally gave up. So, I'm either the world's biggest procrastinator, or the "July Christmas Shopper" for next year. ;)

Angela

Rick_Massarini
06-27-2008, 05:59 PM
Angela - do you have prints to send? You have a couple days still if you send by Priority Mail!

If you haven't sent your case in yet - you're too late - unless you can drive it over to Jim Dingwell's studio in Linclon Nebraska before the end of the day today and hand deliver it !
Today - Friday the 27th is the absolute late entry deadline...

Stephanie_Millner
06-27-2008, 06:00 PM
OMG it's the 27th already? I thought it was next week! (Which is scary because my anniversary was the 25th... so really the date just never occurred to me) Will Jim contact us for the late entry fee?