PDA

View Full Version : Decided to try

Allyson_Fuller
06-02-2008, 01:31 AM
I've decided to try to get certified. I've ordered the book that's recommended and it should be here wednesday. I've uploaded the images that I thought might be good. Let me know what you think good or bad. Also can you submit collages or just untouched images?

Thanks for your help!

Angela_Lawson
06-02-2008, 02:40 AM
Hi Allyson.

Congrats on deciding to go for it. As for the collages, I'm not sure, but the images do not have to be untouched. They just want to see them as you would present them to a client as a finished product.

Hope that helps.
Angela

Allyson_Fuller
06-02-2008, 02:43 AM
Thanks

I forgot to add the link to the pictures

www.picturethemoment.net/cpp/index.html

Heather_L._Smith
06-02-2008, 02:54 AM
Allyson -
Congrats on starting down the road to Certification! Just a quick answer for the question about collages - yes, you can use them, but know that the images within the collage will be looked at individually, so you're actually putting yourself more at risk (potentially) by submitting collages - if there is one image within the collage that is not strong, it could discount the entire collage itself. Does that make sense? So, short answer is yes. Long answer is, I wouldn't do it if it were me.

Allyson_Fuller
06-02-2008, 02:55 AM
That makes sense, thanks!

Mark_Levesque
06-02-2008, 02:59 AM
I've decided to try to get certified.
Why not just decide to get certified instead? ;)

Allyson_Fuller
06-02-2008, 03:26 AM
That would be a better look at it! Thanks!

Art_Wright
06-02-2008, 09:50 AM
Allyson, your studio work is right on target, but I wouldn't include any of your outdoors work with blown out backgrounds. The mantra is "shoot into the dark" - i.e. your subject should be the brightest object in your image. And watch your background, there is a tree coming out of your bride's head... ;)

Karen_Linsley
06-02-2008, 02:26 PM
Hi Allyson, the studio work looks good, with nice directional light, but everything outdoors is all flat lit, as if either on camera flash or no light at all. Do you have anything outdoors lit with off camera lighting? Also, there is one photo of a full length bride alone in a church, lit with on camera flash. I would take that one out of the lineup.

Allyson_Fuller
06-02-2008, 03:09 PM
Thanks for your help guys, I usually only use reflectors outside, I really don't like the look of on camera flash

Allyson_Fuller
06-02-2008, 04:09 PM
Ok, I'm putting down weddings as 20% so I need to find 4 good wedding pictures here are some that I have picked. Do any of these work? Also Sports are about 20% for me also but mostly just little league do the collages work or should I just submit individual pictures of the sports?

Allyson_Fuller
06-02-2008, 04:10 PM
couple more

Allyson_Fuller
06-02-2008, 04:12 PM
last two images

Allyson_Fuller
06-03-2008, 08:37 PM
I just received "photography" ninth edition in the mail and I had a few questions. I had read somewhere that the test is tailored to what you do, is this true? I noticed a section in the book on darkrooms and this doesn't pertain to what i do but is there a possibility that it will be on the test?

Cassandra_Sullivan
06-03-2008, 09:11 PM
I think I had one or 2 questions out of 100 on darkroom stuff.

D._Craig_Flory
06-03-2008, 09:55 PM
I just received "photography" ninth edition in the mail and I had a few questions. I had read somewhere that the test is tailored to what you do, is this true? I noticed a section in the book on darkrooms and this doesn't pertain to what i do but is there a possibility that it will be on the test?

Hi Allyson;

It was that way ... they would make up a test specifically for each photographer. Now, they are all standardized and the same. I am sent exams with the photographers names at the top. But, if someone signs up late, I have several extra exams just in case.

Allyson_Fuller
06-04-2008, 12:35 AM
Thanks, for the input!