PDA

View Full Version : Missed the Boat

MarilynDillon
05-31-2008, 12:50 PM
Hi everyone! I have been traveling over the past week and seem to have missed the boat on the national comp. I just participated in my first NH comp -- but then I assumed I would go to regional next (PPANE) and then to Nationals. (Don, I do recall you mentioning something about all this in your mini-mondy -- but so much swimming around in my head :rolleyes:
In any event, I will get it right next year. My next goal is for the PPANE comp.
Good luck to you all -- the images here on ourppa are awesome!

Jane_Lydick_Staid
05-31-2008, 01:44 PM
Hi Marilyn,

Any blues that you get at PPANE automatically count as merits at the next nationals.

I enter nationals every other year and usually do well but this is my year off.

I probably wont enter PPANE this year either, I need some time off from print comp until next spring. I just dont have the fire anymore. I need a new goal.

I'm a couple merits away from my NH degree so I'll enter there next spring with all new images.

Keith_A_Howe
05-31-2008, 01:55 PM
Marilyn,
The deadline is June 6th. If you already have your prints done from NH, you have plenty of time to send them in yet for national.
Keith

Don_Chick
05-31-2008, 02:36 PM
Hi Marilyn,

The boat hasn't left yet, but the engines are revving and the Captain will give the order to depart soon!

Even if you miss the June 6th deadline you can still enter, you will just have to pay a little more.

check the details out at.... http://www.ppa.com/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=122

MarilynDillon
05-31-2008, 08:02 PM
Thanks for the encouragement --I actually don't own a case. I borrowed one for NHPPA and will buy one before PPANE

Rick_Massarini
05-31-2008, 08:28 PM
Don is correct.
The regular deadline is June 6th with the $95 entry fee, however, if you are running late, you can still send in your prints until June 27th, but the entry fee includes a $60 late fee which increases your entry fee to $155 not including your critique fee (and donation to PPA Charities, something to which I hope everyone will contribute...). It might cost you a bit more (higher fee due to the extra costs caused by late print case check-in), but you can still get your images into this year's judging - a very important point if you have a sealed entry in your case that will be invalid next year...

DianeDavis
06-01-2008, 12:49 AM
Don is correct.
The regular deadline is June 6th with the $95 entry fee, however, if you are running late, you can still send in your prints until June 27th, but the entry fee includes a $60 late fee which increases your entry fee to $155 not including your critique fee (and donation to PPA Charities, something to which I hope everyone will contribute...). It might cost you a bit more (higher fee due to the extra costs caused by late print case check-in), but you can still get your images into this year's judging - a very important point if you have a sealed entry in your case that will be invalid next year...

Whew. :D :D