PDA

View Full Version : what do you think?

Ashley_Short
05-27-2008, 04:49 AM
I have these two images that I'd like to have some CC on. I think they're both older than 2 years old, so they won't work for CPP, but what do you think for competition? Sorry I don't have borders or anything on them yet.. I wanted to hear opinions first.

If you think they're worthy, what do you think of for names? The one is of my grandparents, right before my grandpa passed away. The other was a ringbearer at a wedding, son of the groom.

Thanks!

Ashley

Debra_Warner
05-27-2008, 01:05 PM
I'm not a judge, but I will try and give my opinion for what it's worth.

I think you have nice detail in the boy's shirt, but his face is flat and doesn't have much dimension or direction of light. I like the rim lighting on the hat, but there are two hot spots to the left and right of his hand that may be an issue. I'm not sure what he has in his mouth, but I think I would like to see a piece of straw or something like that.

Kids need room to grow as the judges always seem to say, so I don't see a lot of close ups getting real high scores, BUT, I'm not a judge. :) The boy has striking eyes!

The older couple. This is going to need a strong title because my first reaction is "why are they naked and what are they looking at". Your title is going to need to tell the story since the images don't seem to tell me much. I think the lady's head is a bit high as I can see up her nose a bit. The shadow side of her face seems a bit dark compared to the rest of the image.

I do like how there is some nice edge lighting on their shoulders. It's faint, but it's there. I wish it went up the side of her face a little to add to the depth of the image.

I would still enter these because I think it's a good experience to hear what the judges have to say. They may see things that some of us don't. Competition helps me grow.. :)

Good luck.. hang in there, others will repsond too!

My thoughts,
Debi

Ashley_Short
05-27-2008, 05:19 PM
Debi,

Thank you so much for your time!

In the image of the boy, he does indeed have a piece of straw in his mouth. I know it's a bit difficult to tell when it's so small. :(

Thanks again, Debi!

Ashley