PDA

View Full Version : Albums - Covering logo for comp

Betsy_Finn
05-20-2008, 02:56 PM
Ok. So I have a sample album I want to enter in local competition. The last page has printed in the image my logo (since it's a sample and all ;) ). What's the best way to cover over the logo so that my entry will be valid, while still being able to remove it later and continue showing my sample?

Keith_A_Howe
05-20-2008, 03:51 PM
I would cut a piece of thick white paper and masking tape around the edges of the paper so just an eighth inch of tape is actually on the print. Then I would remove very carefully so as to not damage the print.
Keith

D._Craig_Flory
05-20-2008, 03:56 PM
Hi Betsy;

Keith's advice is excellent ... if you want to enter an album that is a coffee table style. If it's a bound album where you put the pages in yourself I I'd just make a new print and put it in for the competition and put back the other afterwards. What type album is it ?

Betsy_Finn
05-20-2008, 04:33 PM
thanks guys. :) yup it's coffee table

Rick_Massarini
05-21-2008, 04:42 AM
Try using the very low tack blue painters tape. It should not leave a residue since it is designed to be easily removed. We us it when we have to tape signs up on the walls of hotel rooms at association print judgings. The blue 3M painters tape comes right off and leaves no sticky residue. Try it on a trash print first before trying it on your album...

Liz_Vance
05-21-2008, 05:08 AM
I don't know if I'd use the blue tape. It comes off easily if you do it within a couple days, but if you wait much longer than that, it's REALLY hard to get off.

I'd use the low-tack artist tape. It is easily removed and doesn't leave any residue.

Betsy_Finn
05-22-2008, 02:34 AM
i ended up using some black photo masking tape. worked pretty well. As did the tip about 1/8" of tape :D