PDA

View Full Version : To those awaiting Image Submission Results...

Cassandra_Sullivan
05-20-2008, 01:10 AM
Check your Merit report NOW!! :D

Ellen_Duperret
05-20-2008, 01:38 AM
Cassandra,
How does one check their Merit report? I am waiting for image submission results too.

Angela_Lawson
05-20-2008, 01:48 AM
So, please tell me - can we definitely use the Merit Report as confirmation?

Heather_L._Smith
05-20-2008, 01:53 AM
IT'S TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to PPA.com, click Members Only
On the right side, click Merit Record Report
Enter your PPA member number
Look at the upper right corner... it should say "Credentials" and potentially have something after it.

So, Cassandra, does that mean there's something after "Credentials" on YOUR merit report?????

There's a little something on MY merit report :D :D :D

Mark_Levesque
05-20-2008, 01:54 AM
Well, if it says CPP on it, it's a pretty safe bet!

Well, Cassandra? Or are you out celebrating already! :D

Congrats, Heather!!! Woo hoo!

Cassandra_Sullivan
05-20-2008, 01:56 AM
well....on my merit report there's a 'CPP' next to mine... :D

Andrea_Chapelo
05-20-2008, 02:01 AM
Yay, I have CPP on mine too!!!:D :D

Ellen_Duperret
05-20-2008, 02:02 AM
Congratulations Heather and Cassandra! Thanks for the instructions Heather. I am a CPP too! What a relief! Yea!:)

Cassandra_Sullivan
05-20-2008, 02:04 AM
Well congrats Heather and Andrea and Ellen!
Angela? Well?

Heather_L._Smith
05-20-2008, 02:08 AM
Not to be presumptuous, but I just HAD to add a little somethin' to my signature line :D

Oh happy day. My husband is thrilled that it's over :)

Michael_Gan
05-20-2008, 02:09 AM
Congrats all of you! Having the OurPPA gang help in your submissions probably helped a lot. Make sure your checks are in the mail :D

Heather_L._Smith
05-20-2008, 02:12 AM
Michael - I know for me that is undoubtedly the key ingredient that helped me. If not for ourppa, I would never have met the people who have been instrumental in the changes I've made and the development I've experienced in the last year, and more significantly in the last 6 months. I never would have done this without the support, encouragement, and education I've received from people I truly consider friends on this forum.

Angela_Lawson
05-20-2008, 02:14 AM
I DID IT!!!!!!! I PASSED AND NOW HAVE A CPP AFTER MY NAME TOO!!!!!!!

Okay, for all of you who don't know, this was round two for me, so I'm just a little excited. Thanks to all of you who helped get me ready for this round.

And congrats to you Cassandra, Heather, Andrea, and Ellen!!!! We did it!

Well, I have to sign off and go home for the night, but I can't wait till tomorrow to see who else we've added to the list.

Angela Lawson, CPP :D
Certified Professional Photographer

P.S. Anyone have ideas for press releases?

Ellen_Duperret
05-20-2008, 02:17 AM
Congratulations to Angela and Andrea too!

Heather_L._Smith
Yeah For Angela!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark_Levesque
You go girls!

Hey, any guys submit this time?

StaceyDamon
05-20-2008, 02:35 AM
I am sooooooo excited for my roomies(a little teary eyed, excited for you actually, remember I cry at everything..bad and GOOD;) ) and all the other ladies too. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Mark_Levesque
05-20-2008, 02:36 AM
Your turn will come, Stacey. :)

Cassandra_Sullivan
05-20-2008, 02:37 AM
Yeah for Angela! And Michael you're right - I never would have done it without this forum for guidance, encouragement, and education.

Andrea_Chapelo
05-20-2008, 02:45 AM
I am sooooooo excited for my roomies(a little teary eyed, excited for you actually, remember I cry at everything..bad and GOOD;) ) and all the other ladies too. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Thanks roomie and now that I do not need my book who better to pass it to then my roomie:D

Angela, congrats to you as well.

Heather_L._Smith
05-20-2008, 02:55 AM
I'll send you my famous flashcards, Stace :D

Don_Chick
05-20-2008, 03:37 AM
Wow!!! That's sooooo cooooool. I am really excited for all you brand new CPP's!!!! You guys did a great job. Now get those press releases going......

I wonder if any of the other ladies who took the test in North Conway passed? Marilyn & Ella & Crystal.... I'll have to email them to find out...

P.S. Now you need to learn the secret handshake....

Linda_Gregory
05-20-2008, 03:52 AM
You guys are an inspiration! Looks like I need to start studying and take this seriously.

Michael_Gan
05-20-2008, 04:37 AM
P.S. Now you need to learn the secret handshake....Heck with the handshake...let the paddling begin! :D

Leana_Moss
05-20-2008, 04:38 AM
Congratulations to all! I'm so excited to see it. I've been watching your posts over the last few months and I'm feeling proud for ya!

Cindi_Delaney
05-20-2008, 05:15 AM
Congrats to all.!!!
This forum makes all the difference. Angela I've watched you over the last few months and I knew you'd do it this time.

All of you can we see your final 20 images or at least a link to them

You are my inspiration. I can do this thing in September!
Images in August and test in September!!!!

Erin_L._Clark
05-20-2008, 07:24 AM
CONGRATS TO EVERYONE! You all got me excited and wanting three letters after my name! :D

I'll send you my famous flashcards, Stace :D

Do those help?!!

Cassandra_Sullivan
05-20-2008, 11:36 AM
Here are the images that were in my final submission:
http://www.cassandrasphotography.com/CPP/

Good luck to you Cindi!

Andrea_Chapelo
05-20-2008, 12:55 PM
You can see mine at
http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r83/chapelophotography/certification/

Heather_L._Smith
05-20-2008, 01:11 PM
I'm pretty sure this was my final submission:
http://s148.photobucket.com/albums/s37/heathersmith75/Certification/

Heather_L._Smith
05-20-2008, 01:14 PM
[flashcards]Do those help?!!

They certainly helped me... I was a little obsessed with passing this test, so I made a set of my own flash cards based on what I learned as I read through the book. By the time I was done, there were probably 200 cards in the deck. I carried them with me everywhere I went... if I was stuck in traffic, I'd pull them out and flip through them... if I was at the kids' soccer practice, I would pull them out and flip through them. My hubby even got in on the action - he would quiz me in the evening using the flashcards. It worked great for me because I have a hard time just sitting down, reading a book, and trying to absorb the information that way. My brain just doesn't work like that. The repetitive nature of the flashcards really helped the technical information sink in.

dennis_spaziano
05-20-2008, 01:34 PM
Congratulations to all of you on becoming new CPP'S.:D :D

Erin_L._Clark
05-20-2008, 01:41 PM
I saw on Amazon that they had Flash Cards- thought maybe those were the same. I know I'm the same way as you are- heck, I used to constantly make my husband, who never picked up a camera before meeting me, convert and compute f-stops for me in different lighting situations because my dyslexia would kick in and confuse me. I've definitely got a good grasp on it now without thinking too hard but most of that technical stuff is not something I readily absorb! I can honestly say that I just know when's a good time to take a shot.
:p
So which book would you say is the one book that I need to definitely get?

Karen_Linsley
05-20-2008, 01:50 PM
Congratulations to all of you! That is SO exciting! I've only been certified for about a year or so, so I can still remember the feeling I got when I checked my merit report and saw that CPP after my name.

Someone asked about press releases. You can certainly write your own, but you'll be getting a packet from PPA with a press release you can adapt for yourself. One thing I did was check my surrounding area for other CPPs. No one else in my area. Closest ones are in Reno. I use that a lot in my marketing.

Heather_L._Smith
05-20-2008, 01:54 PM
So which book would you say is the one book that I need to definitely get?

Erin -
If you don't have the book yet, order PHOTOGRAPHY by London & Upton, 9th Edition. It's going to cost $70-$100 depending on where you get it, but it's worth every penny. (p.s. I would NOT recommend pre-made flash cards... make your own, you'll learn more that way)

D._Craig_Flory
05-20-2008, 01:56 PM
I'd like to also offer my congratulations to all who are now certified !!! Someone asked about a press release. It's been a long time since I passed (1986) but I'm pretty sure you get one from PPA in your official C.P.P. packet. (just fill in your name and info) You should also get logo stickers. (buy some more so you can have them on the studio door, car windows, and more - maybe on your forehead for a day or two for showing off how proud you are) I will also suggest buying one or two lapel pins ... I keep them on my sport coats. Finally, you can put the logo on your web sites. And don't forget to add it on your "about" page and / or your awards pages.

One other thing: for those close enough, here in Pa., we have a certified group within our state group. We just brought in Mark Levesque to speak for our annual all day program. We have had the likes of Helen Yancy, Suzette Allen and more. Let me know if anyone wants more info.

Erin_L._Clark
05-20-2008, 02:08 PM
Erin -
If you don't have the book yet, order PHOTOGRAPHY by London & Upton, 9th Edition. It's going to cost $70-$100 depending on where you get it, but it's worth every penny. (p.s. I would NOT recommend pre-made flash cards... make your own, you'll learn more that way)

Thanks! I've got that book bookmarked. Now to order it and figure out when to take the test and where to take it. I'll take it in Oct. with Craig if I don't find somewhere in another state sooner. And intending on image submission for Aug.

So now that I've typed that, I can't back out! Gotta hold me to it. :eek:

Heather_L._Smith
05-20-2008, 02:10 PM
We're pretty good at peer pressure, Erin!! Didn't we almost have you talked into submission for this go-round??

D._Craig_Flory
05-20-2008, 02:12 PM
Thanks! I've got that book bookmarked. Now to order it and figure out when to take the test and where to take it. I'll take it in Oct. with Craig if I don't find somewhere in another state sooner. And intending on image submission for Aug.

So now that I've typed that, I can't back out! Gotta hold me to it. :eek:

Hi Erin;

I'll reserve a spot for you for taking at our annual convention. To whet your appetite, for staying for the convention, I offer the list of speakers we will have ! http://www.ppaofpa.org/convention.htm

Art_Wright
05-20-2008, 02:19 PM
Congratulations to all of the new CPP's!

Cheri_MacCallum
05-20-2008, 02:34 PM
Congratulations everyone!!!

MarilynDillon
05-20-2008, 02:37 PM
Congrats to all of you! Thank you, Cassandra -- I found out this morning that I am a new CPP and am SO excited. I have to admit that I have been lurking here watching but afraid to post ~ whoo hooo to all of you!!!
ourppa forum rocks!!!!

Erin_L._Clark
05-20-2008, 02:54 PM
We're pretty good at peer pressure, Erin!! Didn't we almost have you talked into submission for this go-round??

almost! Nearly thought about staying up all night with resizing etc. and then realized I needed to get that password emailed to me... August! I'll be ready. No excuses.:D

Hi Erin;

I'll reserve a spot for you for taking at our annual convention. To whet your appetite, for staying for the convention, I offer the list of speakers we will have ! http://www.ppaofpa.org/convention.htm

Now you gave me butterflies in my belly. :p I'm serious about committing to it for Oct. at the latest. That's driving distance from Cleveland- I know, we used to make the drive from RI passing thru Hershey to Cleveland all the time. :o

John_Metcalfe
05-20-2008, 03:05 PM
Congrats to all! And good luck and start studying for those inspired to do so now...

I personally feel the CPP and the Craftsman Degrees are the tuff ones to obtain. With that behind you the Masters and Craftsman will be that much easier. As long as you remember what you studied and utilize it! HA!

MaryHenry
05-20-2008, 04:02 PM
I DID IT!! :D :D

So where do I go on the forum to do a signature line? I can't wait to start adding it to everything! What a wonderful feeling!!

Jim_Heidorn
05-20-2008, 04:19 PM
Congrats to all of the ladies on here on their CPP.

Jim

Cindi_Delaney
05-20-2008, 04:57 PM
Thanks for sharing your images they are amazing.
All of you should make a coffee table book featuring your 20 images.
One of the other CPPs suggested it in another thread. Said they wished they had made a book of their 20 images.

Angela I know the image part was the scariest for you. I'd make a book with a gold plated cover. You DESERVE it!

You guys are way to cool!:cool:

MaryHenry
05-20-2008, 05:09 PM
Now we have to figure out how to market this...I am in one of the largest cities in the country which will help me get an edge on the competition (there are currently 16 other Certifieds in Houston). Anyone out there have specific information on their website about being Certified?

Angela_Lawson
05-20-2008, 05:09 PM
Thanks Cindi - that's actually not a bad idea. :) And you just wait, it's your turn next time.

And congrats to Mary and Marilyn too!!

Michael_Gan
05-20-2008, 05:11 PM
So where do I go on the forum to do a signature line? I can't wait to start adding it to everything! What a wonderful feeling!! Go to where it says "User CP" Just above and to the left. There is a signature edit there.

Heather_L._Smith
05-20-2008, 05:15 PM
So, are we at a 100% pass rate this go-round with everyone on the forum who submitted images??

Ellen_Duperret
05-20-2008, 05:33 PM
You can see mine if you go to my website: ellenduperretphotography.com, then to to the client section, password: ppa.

David_Hagen
05-20-2008, 05:52 PM
Congratulations to all of you on your achievement. For those of us you have motivated is PHOTOGRAPHY 9th edition London/Upton the main book to purchase? I just want to make sure. Its $100 at the local bookstore. Thanks.

Congratulations!:D

Aloha
Dave

Heather_L._Smith
05-20-2008, 06:07 PM
David -
Yes, that is the best book to purchase. It's a heafty pricetag, but definitely worth it. There are other books on the bibliography on the CPP website, which are great resources as well, and even better if you can find them at the library. The London book is the best and definitely worth the purchase.

David_Hagen
05-20-2008, 06:09 PM
Thank you. Just wanted to make sure before investing $100.:)

Aloha
Dave

Jim_Heidorn
05-20-2008, 06:49 PM
David,

Check with Borders, I was able to get mine on sale for $74. Ask at the counter if they have any current coupons that they can apply.

Jim

David_A._Lottes
05-20-2008, 07:02 PM
Way to go gang! :)

Michael_Gan
05-20-2008, 07:12 PM
The Upton book also has an online access that has test questions. Make sure you use this, it is really helpful.

Angela_Lawson
05-20-2008, 07:32 PM
So, has anyone got official notification via email yet? Not to be impatient or anything, :rolleyes: but I want to see those sample press releases! :D

D._Craig_Flory
05-20-2008, 07:37 PM
Congrats to all! And good luck and start studying for those inspired to do so now...

I personally feel the CPP and the Craftsman Degrees are the tuff ones to obtain. With that behind you the Masters and Craftsman will be that much easier. As long as you remember what you studied and utilize it! HA!

Hi John;

I will echo that. There are a lot of these newly minted C.P.P.s who should now set their sights on getting the Craftsman Degree. I will throw out the challenge to them all.

Michael_Gan
05-20-2008, 07:57 PM
Probably need to give Marisa some time to do that. We finalized the acceptances yesterday on a 3 hour conference call at 1:00 Eastern so I'm sure Marisa is trying to get her bearings. Also, she has to brace herself for the flood of phone calls she get from irate candidates who didn't pass.

Just as a tip for everyone who are submitting images:

All of our wonderful OurPPA members who passed had the following commonalities in their images:

1. Good, consistent exposures with good color saturation.

2. Directionality of light (or quality of light). Many were rejected for straight on flash or non-directional natural light. Demonstrate that you have a good knowledge of lighting ratios. Very often images were rejected due to shadow areas dropping off to complete blackness (light fall off).

3. Good color correction. Calibrate your monitors before you submit your images!

4. Demonstration that you know how to do good basic quality work. Leave out your really "artsy stuff". The judges are looking for the ability to create good consistent work. This includes leaving out "trendy stuff" like cross processed look, painter images, high contrasty wedding candids, and motion blur strobist shots. Leave the really creative stuff for Print Comp.

5. Regular density images. Do not submit "Printed down for PPA print competition" files, they came out too dark and, in many cases "muddy" for black and whites.

6. Good basic composition.

Like I've said, overall, I am extremely proud of how the OurPPA gang has faired well, so far! Please, if any of you here did not pass, let me know because I would like to have some statistics of the success rates of OurPPA members vs. non. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that there were 98 candidates (which means we had to go through nearly 1960 images) and nearly 50% were rejected. And that is why I am so proud of you gals (and guys who haven't reported yet).

:)

Angela_Lawson
05-20-2008, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the update and all the info. Michael. Wow, nearly 50% rejected. Now I really know that it was the help of the OurPPA members, since I was one of the rejected just a short time ago, and hadn't had the help of the forum till after that. So, I guess you can use that as a statisitic for the success rate of members vs. nonmembers.

Boy, am I glad I stepped out of my comfort zone this year. I can't believe all that I have learned and accomplished in such a short time. Thank you again to all who contribute to this forum on a regular basis, and I hope that with this little bit of new found confidence, that I may be able to pass on a little as well.

Cassandra_Sullivan
05-20-2008, 08:38 PM
There are a lot of these newly minted C.P.P.s who should now set their sights on getting the Craftsman Degree. I will throw out the challenge to them all.

Does the Craftsman Degree require you to teach/speak in front of people? :eek:
Can you go straight to Master without getting Craftsman?

Thanks for all the info Michael - Marissa should tell the irate ones to join this forum! (And I can't believe someone would be 'irate' over this...disappointed, yeah....but irate?)

Mark_Levesque
05-20-2008, 08:40 PM
Yes, and yes, Cassandra. If you are not comfortable speaking in front of people, craftsman is not for you. But master is of course available, and is based on your work (print competition).

David_Hagen
05-20-2008, 09:04 PM
Thanks Heather, Jim and Michael for the tips on the Photography book.

Aloha
Dave

Heather_L._Smith
05-20-2008, 09:30 PM
Hi John;

I will echo that. There are a lot of these newly minted C.P.P.s who should now set their sights on getting the Craftsman Degree. I will throw out the challenge to them all.

Hehehe... anyone who knows me knows I love to talk.... the challenge is finding a topic I can stick to for more than 30 minutes :)

No, actually, I love public speaking and I love to teach (I used to teach Microsoft courses), so I'm excited at the prospect of working toward the Cr. (well, AND the Masters). I just need to nail down topics that would be of interest and that I actually KNOW something about!

D._Craig_Flory
05-20-2008, 09:49 PM
Hehehe... anyone who knows me knows I love to talk.... the challenge is finding a topic I can stick to for more than 30 minutes :)

No, actually, I love public speaking and I love to teach (I used to teach Microsoft courses), so I'm excited at the prospect of working toward the Cr. (well, AND the Masters). I just need to nail down topics that would be of interest and that I actually KNOW something about!

The very first time I taught it was "Using MS Publisher for The Studio". That got my feet wet and I gained confidence. Two of my speaking merits were from being a print competition judge for the Northeast Professional Photographers Assn ... they don't require that all judges be a Master. The rest of my teaching merits were from teaching Adobe Photoshop. I set a goal of getting Craftsman in 3 years & I did just that.

Make a list of what you know and are good at. When you think you are ready, start out doing an early-bird or night-owl program for 1 to 2 hours. Put out the word that you're looking for places to teach. (including on here) Type up a bio about yourself and also an outline of what you will be teaching.

Michael_Gan
05-20-2008, 10:00 PM
I think they now classify print judging merits as service merits and not speaking merits.

Andrea_Chapelo
05-20-2008, 11:45 PM

Good to hear you will be teaching Heather. You will be getting that Cr. before you know it. That will be the one that I will never get, but I will come watch you teach. I think I will work towards the Masters now that I have the CPP.

David_A._Lottes
05-21-2008, 12:19 AM
Andrea
You can be Heather's Co-Instructor and get speaking merits that way. Mostly just do the Vanna White thing, lots of hand waving, clapping and of course unloading her gear, setting up her projector and ironing her clothes the night before the program. :cool:

Heather_L._Smith
05-21-2008, 01:20 AM
Hehehe.... that could be a totally easy gig, Andrea... you KNOW I pack light, and you know I don't wear anything that requires an iron :D

You'd make a rockin Vanna, though. You'd have to get your hands on a full-length sequin gown, however.

andiegoodman
05-21-2008, 01:31 AM
Congrats, y'all! A GREAT accomplishment!

Linda_Gregory
05-21-2008, 01:52 AM
Heather,

I'm the same way. I'm not afraid of public speaking....it's just that I know a little about a lot, a lot about very little so having enough to TALK and TEACH about is something else.

I am not CPP yet...but after two years, have 6 print merits and after the month of June will have 8 education merits toward my masters. So...3 more ed/service merits and 4 print merits...with three being loans and I'll get my masters next January! I know, not likely but then, making it to master's in three, four or even five years will be pretty good, I think!

StaceyDamon
05-21-2008, 12:35 PM
Heather, you know you could easily earn your speaking merits with a program called something like "CPP Test Prep" (you can come up with a better name). Vanna could flip the flash cards for you and point to the awesome diagrams and charts you have!!! I really think you could make this work and you have a way of teaching and explaining things that makes sense!!! DO IT GIRL!!! I am going to be your cheerleader on this one!!! Vanna your good at peer pressure, help me;)

Barbara_Adelman
05-21-2008, 12:39 PM
OK - I'm a lurker mostly, but I wanted to put a thanks in to this forum too. I sponged suggestions from critiques of those who posted (wasn't sure I was going to post). Been waiting for the thumbs up or down and when I read the "check you merit record" part of this post this AM I did and YES!!!!

I DID IT!!! Whether you know it or not, you on this forum are a great help to more than just those that post regularly - Thanks.

Andrea_Chapelo
05-21-2008, 01:12 PM
Heather, you know you could easily earn your speaking merits with a program called something like "CPP Test Prep" (you can come up with a better name). Vanna could flip the flash cards for you and point to the awesome diagrams and charts you have!!! I really think you could make this work and you have a way of teaching and explaining things that makes sense!!! DO IT GIRL!!! I am going to be your cheerleader on this one!!! Vanna your good at peer pressure, help me;)

OK Heather....Your Vanna is officially putting the pressure on. You absolutely need to teach a CPP class. Really. I know what you can do in two hours in a car, I can only imagine what you can teach in a whole day! I will be honored to come to Atlanta and turn your flash cards!(Even if I have to wear an awful glittery gown:eek: )

Heather_L._Smith
05-21-2008, 01:12 PM
Congratulations, Barbara!! That's fantastic!!

Angela_Lawson
05-21-2008, 03:25 PM
Congratulations Barbara! We all share your excitement with you. : ) Now that you have your CPP, we want to see more of you here though. Right everyone?

Keely_Deuschle
05-22-2008, 11:28 PM
Alright...I'll spill, too. I was at Florida School this week, just got home a bit ago and found out Tuesday that I received my CPP! :)

Now it's my turn to learn the secret handshake! ;)

Congratulations to everyone!

D._Craig_Flory
05-22-2008, 11:56 PM
Hi Keely;

Since you are a latecomer to this thread ... congratulations on adding those letters after your name !!!!!!!!!

Gene_Paltrineri
05-23-2008, 12:16 AM
Congrats to all. Well done considering that Don specifically asked for the hard test to administer at NH.!

Cindi_K_McDaniel
05-23-2008, 01:02 AM
OMG... Guess who else now has to change her signature line!!! HURRAY FOR ME!!!

Cassandra_Sullivan
05-23-2008, 01:36 AM
Yay Cindi!!
Yay Barbara!!
Yay Keely!

Don_Chick
05-23-2008, 02:08 AM
But wait, there's more? Who else out there is going to admit that they've become certified???

One other lady who tested in NH also passed, while she's not active on ourppa.com, I wanted to congratulate Ella!!

Heather_L._Smith
05-23-2008, 02:47 PM
Woohoo!

It must've been the pencils....

Heather_L._Smith
05-23-2008, 02:50 PM
Okay - here's a silly question for ya'll....

Where do we get an electronic copy of the CPP logo (for a website)? Will it come in our certification packet, or is it on PPA's website somewhere?

D._Craig_Flory
05-23-2008, 03:04 PM
Okay - here's a silly question for ya'll....

Where do we get an electronic copy of the CPP logo (for a website)? Will it come in our certification packet, or is it on PPA's website somewhere?

Hi Heather;

Go to the C.P.P. site http://certifiedphotographer.com/ and then click the upper right where it says C.P.P. Resources.

Angela_Lawson
05-23-2008, 03:16 PM
Hi Craig.

I just tried to download the Logo and when asked for my user name and password, I'm assuming it wants our PPA member username and Password, correct? It wouldn't let me on. Maybe I need a different password? Or is it possible that the system isn't ready for us newly certifieds yet?

Heather - where you able to access it?

D._Craig_Flory
05-23-2008, 05:54 PM
Hi Craig.

I just tried to download the Logo and when asked for my user name and password, I'm assuming it wants our PPA member username and Password, correct? It wouldn't let me on. Maybe I need a different password? Or is it possible that the system isn't ready for us newly certifieds yet?

Heather - where you able to access it?

Hi Angela;

After you said that I tried and also couldn't so I called Marisa at PPA and she is checking it out.

Angela_Lawson
05-23-2008, 06:11 PM
Thanks Craig.

Cindi_K_McDaniel
05-23-2008, 07:00 PM
I just left a message for Marissa because I noticed that part of our address and the zip code are wrong! I'm not sure who updated it after we moved, but I'm afraid I won't get any CPP packet that may have been mailed out! Will you guys let me know when you get yours?

Also, anybody know how long it usually takes for the website to be updated? I'm so excited!

D._Craig_Flory
05-23-2008, 07:25 PM
Hi Angela;

I just got an e-mail about this & I'm pasting it in: (oh ... it works now)

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2008 2:00 PM
To: Pitts, Marisa (PPA); Customer Service Dept
Subject: CertifiedPhotographer.com login process has changed.

For technical reasons I have changed the login process for downloading the CPP logo from CertifiedPhotographer.com

Now users will enter their Member ID as the username. The password for everybody will be "certified", all lower case.

There is a link to download it on the Resources Page. http://certifiedphotographer.com/resources.html

I have added a new Login Help page with instructions. http://certifiedphotographer.com/resources_login_help.html

Angela_Lawson
05-23-2008, 08:22 PM
Thanks Craig. Got the logos!!

Now I just need to *im*patiently wait for our Certification Packets. Really want to get a press release out, but want to see the samples first.

MaryHenry
05-23-2008, 11:22 PM
I am with you there. Just checked the mail. It's not here yet. Anyone out there have advice on how to promote this on our websites. I am not a writer so I would like to get an idea of how to word it without making it "conceeded" for a lack of better words but at the same time, use it as a marketing tool & an edge on the competition. I also don't want to offend other photographers, including other photographers that work for me and vice versa. I am in a metropolis and every little bit of edge helps.

David_A._Lottes
05-23-2008, 11:34 PM
Anyone out there have advice on how to promote this on our websites.

Put the Cert Logo and this Link on your web site.

What does Certified mean? (http://certifiedphotographer.com/) :cool: