PDA

View Full Version : Submitting to National

Roger_Williams
05-15-2008, 08:22 PM
I entered competition this year for the first time (state level) and one of my prints actually got an 80. Since only one made it, I did not plan to send anything to national this year. Next year, can I include this 80 with the other prints I send to national or do they have to be from the same year?

David_A._Lottes
05-15-2008, 08:37 PM
Good job Roger!
Was this the competition in March? If so you should send the print this year. The seal won't be good next year and as wonderful as an 80 is it may still be borderline. Meaning if you wait until next year when the seal has expired it won't necessarily get a merit at nationals. If it were a 95 I wouldn't worry about the seal expiring but an 80 is on the fence. I'd send it this year to be sure and get the merit. You never know one of your other "under 80" prints might go thumbs up in front of a different panel a nationals. :)

Send the print! :cool:

Roger_Williams
05-15-2008, 09:00 PM
Good job Roger!
Was this the competition in March? If so you should send the print this year. The seal won't be good next year and as wonderful as an 80 is it may still be borderline. Meaning if you wait until next year when the seal has expired it won't necessarily get a merit at nationals. If it were a 95 I wouldn't worry about the seal expiring but an 80 is on the fence. I'd send it this year to be sure and get the merit. You never know one of your other "under 80" prints might go thumbs up in front of a different panel a nationals. :)

Send the print! :cool:

I guess I'm still to new to this. If it merits at state, does it automatically merit at national?:confused:

Auralee_Dallas
05-15-2008, 09:09 PM
It needs to be a regional to automatically merit with a seal (it will be on the back of the print). Dave funny what you said--I had a print that got a 94 at Western States in 2005. My mom died and I just didn't enter that year. Sent it the next year (knowing the seal was no longer good) and it didn't merit. You just never know--each panel is a little different.

D._Craig_Flory
05-15-2008, 09:10 PM
Hi Roger;

If an image gets an 80 at a Regional, it is automatically a merrit at Imaging if sent the very next one. If your state competition is also a regional then that applies. I say that because an 80 from my state does not qualify but one from Ohio does ... since that is where our regional takes place.

David_A._Lottes
05-15-2008, 09:26 PM
The March competition in Illinois was a regional. Illinois has two print comps, one in November that is not a regional and one in March that is. If you entered it in March send it to nationals. Auralee's example explains why, perfectly. :)

Roger_Williams
05-15-2008, 09:38 PM
The March competition in Illinois was a regional. Illinois has two print comps, one in November that is not a regional and one in March that is. If you entered it in March send it to nationals. Auralee's example explains why, perfectly. :)

Thanks, yes it was in March. So much to learn and so little time to learn it in.:D

Rick_Massarini
05-16-2008, 04:03 AM
Check the back of your print. If it was a sealed entry you'll find a non-removable sticker on the back bearing a PEC Jury Chairman's signature. Be sure to send it in to the National Judging before the deadline this year or else the seal will become INVALID!!!