05-15-2008, 10:10 AM
Ok....
The print case has left the building!

All I am asking for is 4for4, all loan.

Is that too much to ask???
Jeff

Heather_L._Smith
05-15-2008, 11:57 AM
Well, I guess that depends on how much you hate your case this year!

It's good to see you have low expectations this time around.

Sandra_Pearce
05-15-2008, 11:58 AM
Jeff,

Not too much to ask. With you it is possible. I am going to Daytona School tomorrow and haven't even packed my case yet.

I gave my husband 24 laps of driving on the Daytona Speedway for his Birthday and I want to see if I can get some good shots of him. He drives Sunday.

Good Luck with your case. At least you don't hate this case.

Sandra

Jeff_Dachowski
05-15-2008, 12:31 PM
Heather and Sandra,
This is in fact the case I hated!!! You might remember that our regionals are judged after the IPC. So when we get a seal, we have to wait for 9 months to send it in to be entered as a merit. I figure, how can I hate a case with three seals??? Well I did!!!

I have added another image that might not be strong enough. ( The Master, for you folks from NH )UGH!!

FWIW, I was kidding about the loan thing. :)

Jeff

Heather_L._Smith
05-15-2008, 12:42 PM
This is in fact the case I hated!!!

Okay, that is too funny. I get all messed up with regionals becuase they're at all different times. SEPPA (down here in the south) was just a few months ago, so it's right before IPC. I'll have to remember that next year and actually SEND something to my regional. It'll be in Atlanta next year, so I'll probably get to go watch!

Regardless, I'm glad to know you've already got three in the bag.

I have added another image that might not be strong enough. ( The Master, for you folks from NH )UGH!!

Oh man... I love this image. It's one of those images that I would purchase to hang in my home - it's definitely art. I hope the judges 'get it' and truly understand the depth of it.

FWIW, I was kidding about the loan thing.

Hahaha! I wasn't!!! Just watch out, Dachowski... I'm chasing behind you this year, but next year..... well, just watch out. :)

I'm hoping to go down to Nationals this year, so maybe I'll actually get to see your prints there!!

Linda_Gregory
05-15-2008, 12:54 PM
Egods! I'm late again! Time to work up my images and get them printed, mounted and sent off! YIKES! Okay, I can look up the deadline but WHEN is it?? (fears of driving it to Lincoln)

Sandra_Pearce
05-15-2008, 12:57 PM
Linda,

Deadline, June 8. Jeff scared me too. I haven't gotten my printed either. Jeff is on the ball waiting to get 4 loan prints. Hope it happens.

Sandra

Keith_A_Howe
05-15-2008, 01:29 PM
I packed my case yesterday, but too late for our daily UPS pickup, so it will go today. I usually don't send it so early, but I had a disaster and figured I better get them sent out before anything else happens. One of my sealed prints was sitting on the floor in my basement office. We had a big rain and apparently there was a leak. The carpet's not wet, the walls aren't wet, but the print is completely trashed. AND!!! it was the watercolor one! I guess I should have figured. The other three were sitting right next to it and they are perfectly fine.
Keith

Heather_L._Smith
05-15-2008, 01:34 PM
So, Keith... since it has a seal, you just have to send it the way it is?? Damage and all??

John_Metcalfe
05-15-2008, 01:38 PM
I packed my case yesterday, but too late for our daily UPS pickup, so it will go today. I usually don't send it so early, but I had a disaster and figured I better get them sent out before anything else happens. One of my sealed prints was sitting on the floor in my basement office. We had a big rain and apparently there was a leak. The carpet's not wet, the walls aren't wet, but the print is completely trashed. AND!!! it was the watercolor one! I guess I should have figured. The other three were sitting right next to it and they are perfectly fine.
Keith

Good idea Keith and Jeff! I had print laying out in my office once and my pug (Otis) came in and added his own finishing touches on it. It had already sealed so I let it dry and sent it... Darned if it didn't go Loan! But I think once is enough and your plan is best.

Jeff_Dachowski
05-15-2008, 01:46 PM
So, Keith... since it has a seal, you just have to send it the way it is?? Damage and all??
Heather,
If you have a sealed print, and it gets damaged, you can submit an exact duplicate of the print along with the damaged one.
Jeff

Keith_A_Howe
05-15-2008, 01:48 PM
It had already sealed so I let it dry and sent it...

Well my print was dry by the time I found it but no way I could send it as is. Ever accidently drop a roll of toliet paper in the toliet while changing the roll? If so then you have a pretty good visual of how the print looks! The mount board is all seperated and the print itself is all waffled. I don't know if the others got wet but they were mounted on sintra so they wouldn't have wicked up the moisture like this watercolor one did.

Keith

Keith_A_Howe
05-15-2008, 01:50 PM
Heather,
If you have a sealed print, and it gets damaged, you can submit an exact duplicate of the print along with the damaged one.
Jeff

That's what I did. Luckily it was the one I printed myself so it was easy to reprint.

Keith

Cheri_MacCallum
05-15-2008, 02:13 PM
Good luck to everyone...mine will be going out tomorrow!

Mark_Levesque
05-15-2008, 02:19 PM
When we left the NH convention, Jeff said to me to just pick from my case for the remaining entries for nationals. I was non-committal because I wasn't super happy with what I had submitted in NH. Now that we are working on pulling together a studio, it's starting to sound like wise advice. :)

Linda_Gregory
05-15-2008, 02:29 PM
Note to self....You'll be on the road this weekend, take the files, WORK on them. Spare time? ARGGG!!!!

Heather_L._Smith
05-15-2008, 02:30 PM
I'm clearly a slacker... I tweaked a couple images from NH after getting some new feedback, and just sent them off to the lab last night. Let's hope they arrive in time, undamaged, and ready to ship off!

Oh, except that my print case isn't an "approved" print case, so now I have to deal with that, too!

Linda_Gregory
05-15-2008, 02:31 PM
At least I know what prints! I just need two! Art work on them is minimal!! Panic is major!! Will my lab pull through for me?? Wonder if they'll ship it for me??

Okay, enough. off to work. Get busy everyone!

Oh, and GOOD LUCK! Cause the quality is there...I'm sure!

John_Metcalfe
05-15-2008, 03:07 PM
heck, you guys are no longer allowed in the PROCRASTINATARS ANNONYMOUS meetings! I just started shooting for my 4th print. My title is "Compaint Department" and have photographed a few subjects so far. All nibbles, no bites yet.