PDA

View Full Version : Nationals

Heather_L._Smith
05-14-2008, 02:33 PM
Two quick questions -
Once images are judged at Nationals, are the scores (if being scored for the first time) or Loan Collection selections known shortly thereafter? And, I know someone has explained this before, but I can't remember for the life of me - what qualifies a print for the Showcase Collection?

Also, can anyone volunteer to help during judging? I've done print committee at the state level a number of times and LOVE LOVE LOVE it. To do it at Nationals would be incredible, but I don't know who you have to know to get on THAT committee :) And, this happens in Daytona FL, right?

Keith_A_Howe
05-14-2008, 02:44 PM
Heather, prints at national are not scored. they either merit or not, go Loan or not. During the Loan panel, if an image is not accepted as Loan collection and a judge feels strongly that in his/her opinion it should have been loan, that judge can designate that image for the showcase book. So if your image is selected as showcase, it means at least one judge thought it probably should have gone loan. The results are posted on the PPA website within a few days of national judging.

All it takes to work print crew at national is to volunteer. However they do only need a certain amount of volunteers and it could be they are already full. I recommend you call Jim Dingwell ASAP if you are interested. Remember that you do not get paid, so you are covering your own expenses. If you go it will be an incrediable learning experience. Holly will be working crew again this year as will Rick Massarini from this forum.

Keith

Debra_Collins
05-14-2008, 06:17 PM
I spoke with Jim a month or more ago and he had most of the volunteers he needed. He also only needed people who can work the whole week (or whatever the time line is)