PDA

View Full Version : CC on Babys

Sandra_Pearce
05-09-2008, 12:07 PM
The mother wanted a pencil type image. Did this one of her 10 week old girls. How would it do for comp? If so, is this the type you would do on water color paper to show the softness?

Sandra

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh165/sandrapearce/twins.jpg

Cindi_K_McDaniel
05-09-2008, 02:18 PM
Oh Sandra.... They are just perfect! I'm no judged, but I would hope they would do well...

I love the way they both appear to be sleeping... Maybe you could name it "SLEEPING BEAUTIES"...

Kelly_Michelle
05-09-2008, 02:42 PM
Oh, I agree with Cindi - "sleeping beauties" is a perfect title! Are they really that chubby?

This is beautiful!!!

Sandra_Pearce
05-09-2008, 02:53 PM
Thanks Cindi, perfect name.

Kelly,

They are really that chubby. They are identical so I wanted one with a side view so it wouldn't look like I cloned a baby. It amazed me that they are only 10 weeks old and that big. I am looking forward to more double baby photographs in the future.

Sandra

Cassandra_Sullivan
05-09-2008, 03:21 PM
Sandra I love this! And Cindy came up with the perfec title. I would hope it does well in competition!

Cindi_Delaney
05-09-2008, 03:56 PM
Oh Sandra it's beautiful!
I don't have a clue about competition but I'd score it VERY high.
Any mother would adore it.

Keith_A_Howe
05-09-2008, 06:14 PM
Sandra, It's always hard to tell about these kind of images from a moniter but it appears that you have kept the roundness and dimension which is what you need, so that's good. I do not care for the mat color surrounding the image. I would like to see it sampled from around the edge of the actual image area, so the stroke "contains' the image but then it looks like the background just continues to the edge of the print. I think watercolor paper would be a great choice. I also think Sleeping Beauties would work fine for the title. This is not an image that needs a great title to sell it. It stands on it's own. Nice job!

Keith

Auralee_Dallas
05-09-2008, 08:34 PM
Just beautiful!! I can't think of anything to change except maybe Keith suggested.

Sandra_Pearce
05-10-2008, 03:48 AM
Thanks for the critique. Keith, I agree with you. I had it done this way first. Do I have the border too dark? I have never had a comp print printed on watercolor paper. How do you do it, have it printed on paper and drymounted as for regular prints? ACI does my printing. Will they know how?

Sandra

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh165/sandrapearce/SleepingBeauties.jpg

Keith_A_Howe
05-10-2008, 02:46 PM
Sandra, I like the lighter background mat, but I like the image a bit smaller like in the first example. I don't think the stroke is too dark, just too wide. I rarely use more than a 3 pixel stroke. When I do something on watercolor paper I print it myself. I have never had ACI do a watercolor print for me so I can't tell you how they do. I know they offer it. Call and talk to Frank or Michelle, they will either know or find out for you. I use PMA (positional mount adhesive) to mount my watercolor prints to a backer board for comeptition. It's like ATG tape only on a 20" wide roll with a paper backing you peel away. Prior to digital, I did all my step mounts with PMA too.

Keith

Sandra_Pearce
05-10-2008, 03:33 PM
Thanks Keith,

I may print it or I will call Michelle. I made the stroke smaller with the light background. Is this what you had in mind?

Sandra

Norine_Piet
05-10-2008, 03:42 PM
Lovely image Sandra. They are definitely "Sleeping Beauties". Lovely.

Dea_Bell
05-10-2008, 06:18 PM
Oh my, that is the most precious, gorgeous, stunning, awwwwey picture I've seen in a long, long time!!