PDA

View Full Version : Exam results turnaround

Jeffrey_Hutchinson
04-29-2008, 03:01 PM
I took the exam on April 20th. Curious to know how long it takes for the results to come and do they email or send in mail??

Angela_Lawson
04-29-2008, 03:06 PM
Hi Jeff.

I took the exam at IUSA and it took about 2 weeks to get the results. They send the results via snail mail and image submission results via email.

Good luck.

Jeffrey_Hutchinson
04-29-2008, 03:17 PM
Thanks Angela!

Liz_Vance
04-29-2008, 06:29 PM
I've found that the results of most exams come about 3 days after you've given up hope of ever seeing them, and a day or so (sometimes longer) after you've completely forgotten you're waiting for them.

The same is true of almost anything I've bought on ebay. :)

-e

Keely_Deuschle
04-29-2008, 08:19 PM
I, too, took the exam at IUSA, but for me, it took 4 weeks to hear back. Lots of fingernail biting, but it was worth the wait! ;)

Jim_Bolen
04-30-2008, 01:06 PM
All depends on how fast the liaison gets your test mailed out. Mine wasn't so fast, so it took 3.5 weeks to find out. If they get it out quickly, should take about two weeks.

Good luck!

Louise_St.Romain
04-30-2008, 01:37 PM
Hi Jeff, nice to see you here!

Craig said that he was going to end out the test the Tuesday or Wednesday of the week we took it so I imagine we'll get the results the first week of May.

D._Craig_Flory
04-30-2008, 05:48 PM
I put the exams in the FedEx Box last Wednesday evening. I am hoping all 3 of you passed and will now be onto the print submission part.

Jeffrey_Hutchinson
05-02-2008, 01:32 PM
Craig.

Results actually came in the mail today. I passed!

Now on to the hard part. Gotta get busy.

:D

Liz_Vance
05-02-2008, 01:38 PM
Congrats Jeffrey! Yay for you!

-e

D._Craig_Flory
05-02-2008, 02:15 PM
Craig.

Results actually came in the mail today. I passed!

Now on to the hard part. Gotta get busy.

:D

Hi Jeff;

Congratulations !!! See, I told you letting out a scream first would chase away all the butterflies. ;) I'm sure your print submissions will do equally well.

Are you coming to the June meeting ?

Heather_L._Smith
05-02-2008, 02:26 PM
Just reading this thread makes my stomach flip-flop :) A bunch of us just took the exam on Sunday, so I know I've got a little longer to wait!!

Andrea_Chapelo
05-02-2008, 02:58 PM
Just reading this thread makes my stomach flip-flop :) A bunch of us just took the exam on Sunday, so I know I've got a little longer to wait!!

Way to go Jeffery.

And Heather, my little overacheiver, you did awesome I am sure:D

Louise_St.Romain
05-02-2008, 03:48 PM
Congrats Jeff! Now hopefully I'll get the same letter in the mail. :)

Jeffrey_Hutchinson
05-02-2008, 03:51 PM
Good Luck Louise!!

D._Craig_Flory
05-02-2008, 04:00 PM
Congrats Jeff! Now hopefully I'll get the same letter in the mail. :)

Hi Louise;

I hope it's not exactly the same letter ... could be embarassing if it started off Dear Jeff; ! :D

GOOD LUCK ... you know I have my fingers, eyes, and toes crossed for you.

Heather_L._Smith
05-06-2008, 06:25 PM
Okay - I just had to share a funny story... I just got a call from the nanny telling me that the mail came and there was an envelope from PPA. OPEN IT! I ask (in my most non-anxious voice)!! Well, sure enough, I got a beautiful certificate for my PPA merit from Jeff's class in the mail... not my test results. Hmf! Psych!

D._Craig_Flory
05-06-2008, 06:43 PM
Hi Heather;

Well, at least that is better than junk mail. And, now you can display it on your studio wall. I have all mine up but they do take up a LOT of room. I'm sure your clients will be impressed. If it's one of your 1st I'd suggest mounting it on mount board (I use self stick) and display it on an easel or some other prominent place.

Don_Chick
05-06-2008, 07:18 PM
Okay - I just had to share a funny story... I just got a call from the nanny telling me that the mail came and there was an envelope from PPA. OPEN IT! I ask (in my most non-anxious voice)!! Well, sure enough, I got a beautiful certificate for my PPA merit from Jeff's class in the mail... not my test results. Hmf! Psych!

I guess I better get those tests back to PPA so you can get that letter in the mail....

Oh, and don't confuse the next letter from PPA with the Merit certificate for taking my class with the one containing your CPP results.

If only I could find a pencil to address the envelope.. there must be one around here somewhere...:eek: :D :D

Liz_Vance
05-06-2008, 07:18 PM

Yaaaay! Congratulations!! You got merits!!!! :)

Heather_L._Smith
05-06-2008, 07:37 PM
I guess I better get those tests back to PPA so you can get that letter in the mail....

Oh, and don't confuse the next letter from PPA with the Merit certificate for taking my class with the one containing your CPP results.

If only I could find a pencil to address the envelope.. there must be one around here somewhere...:eek: :D :D

Oh, Don... you're such a tease!!!! At least, I really, really, really HOPE you're teasing. :) I'll assume from now on that any 8.5x11 envelope with cardboard inside is probably NOT my test results!

I'll send you a whole case of pencils, Don, if you tell me that you're kidding!!

Cassandra_Sullivan
05-06-2008, 08:23 PM
Test results come in a blue letter-sized envelope, if I remember correctly- and it's from 'certified photographer' or something like that. Looks diff from the usual PPA stuff.

Heather_L._Smith
05-06-2008, 08:27 PM
ooohhh... Good to know, Cassandra! Thank you!

StaceyDamon
05-06-2008, 08:44 PM
ohhhh...that is good to know Cassandra!!

Don...who brings pencils to a test anyway?;) :D

Don_Chick
05-06-2008, 08:51 PM
Oh, Don... you're such a tease!!!! At least, I really, really, really HOPE you're teasing. :) I'll assume from now on that any 8.5x11 envelope with cardboard inside is probably NOT my test results!

I'll send you a whole case of pencils, Don, if you tell me that you're kidding!!

Ok, you're right... Just teasing.... I didn't need a pencil to get the tests back to PPA as they gave me a preprinted Fedex label..

As I recall, my results came in a #10 envelope (5 years ago). They were tri-folded.... I should be hearing from PPA about re-enlisting any time now... But you really should be getting another Merit certificate in the mail any time now too....

Heather_L._Smith
05-06-2008, 08:59 PM
Woohoo! You rock, Mr. Chick! Now that we're starting to rack up the service merits, it's time to start racking up some print merits!