PDA

View Full Version : How do I fix this...?

Richard_Dalton
04-25-2008, 04:00 PM
First, this is not a competition print, it is for the client, I just couldn't find a better place to post this.

Should I crop the bottom of the image to exclude the ledge and loose a touch of the gown, or try to fix via a keystone type transform, or extend the wall down, or ???
She wants a 16x20, so it's a given the top part will be gone.

Thanks for any tips.

Dea_Bell
04-25-2008, 04:37 PM
If this were my image, I'd crop out the bottom of her dress, put her in the bottom left and do away with the light entirely.

If she is a I-like-everything-centered person, then I'd chop off her dress. ;)

Debra_Warner
04-25-2008, 04:56 PM
I'm with Dea, I would crop the bottom of the dress off.

KirkDarling
04-25-2008, 05:15 PM
I must be missing some point, but I don't see why you wouldn't crop from the top.

I would not remove any part of the gown in a bridal, and in this case the curve of the gown meets my eye as an important pictoral element. It's like a fulcrum that the rectangular elements and the weight of the entire image balances delicately upon. Beause of that balancing act, I would not try to put her face into a RoT intersection, I'd leave it in the center (after cropping from the top.

That half-circle of gown is both symetrical and dynamic, and that would be lost if it were cropped.

If I were going to do any additional Photoshopping, I'd remove the columns and the ledge, so that there was only wall surrounding the window.

Cassandra_Sullivan
04-25-2008, 05:24 PM
I'm with Kirk, but I'll add one more reason - the image is showing nice embroidery detail that's at the bottom of her dress. I'm sure that detail is one of the reasons she selected that dress - I don't think she'd be happy if it was cut off, and is probably selecting this image because it shows it off very nicely.

Could you talk her into a 16x24 instead? Just give her a 16x24 for the 16x20 price.

Mark_G_Woods
04-25-2008, 06:59 PM
First, this is not a competition print, it is for the client, I just couldn't find a better place to post this.

Should I crop the bottom of the image to exclude the ledge and loose a touch of the gown, or try to fix via a keystone type transform, or extend the wall down, or ???
She wants a 16x20, so it's a given the top part will be gone.

Thanks for any tips.

I would crop from the top, correct the perspective and extend the stonework at the bottom. Then cut and paste the center and correct the slant of the ledge she is on by using "skew." Then erase and blend the edges of the second layer and flatten.

Mark_G_Woods
04-25-2008, 07:05 PM
Here's with the light in it. I like this better for visual balance.
BTW, nice shot. She should be pleased.

Jane_Lydick_Staid
04-25-2008, 09:26 PM
Gorgeous image. Whatever you do, dont crop the bottom of the dress off!