PDA

View Full Version : Who has it????

Jeff_Dachowski
04-22-2008, 12:26 AM
Who has their case packed? I have both my case full of 73's and Carolle's case full of 87's ready to go.

Who is ready for NH this weekend???
Jeff

Don_Chick
04-22-2008, 12:32 AM
Print case? What's a print case?...

I am; however, ready for that lobster sandwich.....

Nylora_Bruleigh
04-22-2008, 12:35 AM
Don, where are you from????? It's a Lobsta ROLL!!!!

I just ordered my last 2 prints today so I will hope they look ok when I get them and throw them in the car as I am heading to NC on Friday!

I love the pressure!

Don, is there anything I should bring this year? ;)

Andrea_Chapelo
04-22-2008, 01:10 AM
Jeff,
Mine are on their way to your studio, they will arrive on Wed.:D

Don_Chick
04-22-2008, 01:16 AM
Don, is there anything I should bring this year? ;)

Fuzzy, Shirley, Jackie, Mark, Jennifer, & Mike!!!

Speaking of Mike!!! Since you are in charge of speakers make sure you have all the sound system equipment too.... Both systems and the projector screen... extension cords, duct tape, powered speakers.... and if I think of anything else, I'll call you!

Heather_L._Smith
04-22-2008, 01:19 AM
Keeping my fingers crossed that the reprints arrived unscathed tomorrow! Worst case scenario, we fall back on the smooshed-corner-case-o-78's. If only I could get my golf game to rival my print scores!!!

My case will be in the mail tomorrow, headed to your place, Jeff! When it gets there, swap out all my garbage for all of your golden prints (well, Carolle's golden prints), okay??

andiegoodman
04-22-2008, 03:09 AM
See you all on Saturday. Case is ready, prints are not quite, yet. Still have to label them.

Jane_Lydick_Staid
04-22-2008, 09:24 AM
Print case is ready. It's empty but its ready. I decided not to do an album so I have 7 prints to choose from. I had 4 from the PPANE comp and 3 new ones. Every time i started an album I dumped the design. Then I had client albums to finish and they didnt choose the right images. Oh well.

John_Metcalfe
04-22-2008, 02:58 PM
Print cases and lobster rolls...

Jeff, there's a new title.

Too bad most of the midwest here doesn't know what a lobster roll looks like. (including me) Maybe you could... Take a picture. I'm you find a camera laying around somewhere.

Nylora_Bruleigh
04-22-2008, 03:04 PM
John,

There is a Before and after image of a lobsta roll that i posted somewhere in the "HAggerty, Fuzzy, Garber and Fulton Oh my!" thread if you REALLY want to see one!:D

Andrea_Chapelo
04-22-2008, 04:11 PM
My case will be in the mail tomorrow, headed to your place, Jeff! When it gets there, swap out all my garbage for all of your golden prints (well, Carolle's golden prints), okay??

No way, I want Carolle's prints!!!:D

Jeff_Dachowski
04-22-2008, 04:19 PM
No way, I want Carolle's prints!!!:D

Maybe Carolle will post them one day. Wouldn't that be nice???
Jeff

Andrea_Chapelo
04-22-2008, 04:22 PM
Yes, that would be great....Carolle..... come out and play with us!:D

Jeff_Dachowski
04-22-2008, 06:03 PM
Well....
we just set up the lights and checked out the prints, and now I am officially unhappy with 3 of 5!! Ugh. Just sent another print off to WHCC in hopes it will arrive on friday. See nylora, I guess it doesn't pay to be ahead of the game!!!

Jeff

Nylora_Bruleigh
04-22-2008, 06:09 PM
Jeff,

I just heard the PERFECT excuse NOT to do your comp prints too early....

If we (photographers) are constantly getting better (as we should be) then if we start too early (preparing prints for comp) we won't be giving our BEST! Makes perfect sense to me! I guess I knew that all along (that's why I wait) I just didn't know how to put it into words! So there it is!

:eek: :D :eek:

Noelle_Zaleski
04-22-2008, 06:31 PM
Good luck everyone!! :D :D :D

StaceyDamon
04-22-2008, 07:47 PM
I am expecting prints tomorrow. I leave tomorrow night to bring the kids to my sisters in Freeport, then to NH on Thursday morning. I haven't packed a thing...but I have plenty of time,lol. I love Nylora's explanation for procrastination! LOL. See you soon!!

Linda_Gregory
04-22-2008, 09:02 PM
Good luck everyone! Dying to hear how they do! Jeff, when is the comp there that I'm sending prints to...end of May, first of June?? I'm getting them ready. It's a 6 limit, right?

Jeff_Dachowski
04-22-2008, 09:42 PM
Good luck everyone! Dying to hear how they do! Jeff, when is the comp there that I'm sending prints to...end of May, first of June?? I'm getting them ready. It's a 6 limit, right?

Your'e so funny linda!!!
Jeff

D._Craig_Flory
04-22-2008, 10:45 PM
I wanted to let you all know that Mark L. survived teaching here in Pa. and we sent him back late afternoon. So I hope he makes it back in time for your big Shindig. The last I saw he was out along the highway with his thumb out. ;)

Mark_Levesque
04-23-2008, 03:02 AM
Survived? They carried me out on their shoulders!

Of course, I got away before they got me to the bonfire. :D

Dunno where my prints are. But not here. :(

Mark_Levesque
04-23-2008, 03:43 AM
Swell. Apparently a problem with my case filler. Back in production. Hope it gets here on time!

MarilynDillon
04-23-2008, 12:51 PM
so, nylorah, that's your story...and you're sticking with it!
i have four prints ready -- i have a couple to choose from for the fifth - although I am considering an album. thinking about the album as a learning experience. not sure yet. it is a traditionally matted album. anyway -- this is my first time! feeling a little nervous but signed up for print committee to keep myself occupied. thanks everyone for all your comments and help with choosing prints.

dennis_spaziano
04-23-2008, 12:54 PM
Hi Everyone
Last night we had 16 people over for a print nameing party. We got to see about 30 prints and had a lot of fun thinking of titles{of course there was food and refreshments which made it easier}. This is the third year we have done this and it's a great way to get other peoples Idea's for titles plus it's another reason to have a party.:D :D
Don , I have the projector,screen,and the two sound sysyems. There already loaded and ready to go along with my print case full of 70's.:eek:
See everyone in North Conway.
Dennis

Nylora_Bruleigh
04-23-2008, 01:16 PM
Darn, I knew there was something I was forgetting! I have to have names for these things!!!??? I guess I better start thinking about that too! :rolleyes:

Jeff_Dachowski
04-23-2008, 01:26 PM
Dennis,
You're bringing the print racks right?
Jeff

D._Craig_Flory
04-23-2008, 01:53 PM
Darn, I knew there was something I was forgetting! I have to have names for these things!!!??? I guess I better start thinking about that too! :rolleyes:

Hi Nylora;

Make it easy on yourself. Title them #1 , #2 , #3, #4, and so forth. At least that's better then "untitled". :D

Nylora_Bruleigh
04-23-2008, 01:56 PM
Thanks Craig!

I will make note of that!;)

JohnMalboeuf
04-23-2008, 02:14 PM
I have my prints named, but they haven't returned from the printer yet. Oh, oh....... I hope they are finished today. I will be on a bus for Williamsburg, VA tonight. See you all on Monday.

John

dennis_spaziano
04-23-2008, 03:24 PM
Hi Jeff
I am not bring the racks up. I thought you were. Check with Tim. I have no room with the stuff I am bringing.
Dennis

Jeff_Dachowski
04-23-2008, 03:30 PM
Hi Jeff
I am not bring the racks up. I thought you were. Check with Tim. I have no room with the stuff I am bringing.
Dennis
Uhm Dennis...?
I was just kidding!

Jeff

dennis_spaziano
04-23-2008, 04:04 PM
Thank God, I thought for a minute Michele was going to have to hitch a ride to North Conway.

Andrea_Chapelo
04-23-2008, 04:10 PM
Hey Jeff....did you get a delivery from the UPS man yet??? Are my babies safe and sound or should I start freaking out yet?:eek:

Nylora_Bruleigh
04-23-2008, 04:10 PM
Dennis,

I hope she is not a member here. I am sure she would not be happy to hear that you would ditch her for the print racks! :eek:

Jeff_Dachowski
04-23-2008, 04:31 PM
Hey Jeff....did you get a delivery from the UPS man yet??? Are my babies safe and sound or should I start freaking out yet?:eek:

Hi Andrea,
Yes your prints arrived!!! Yeah!!!
Jeff

Andrea_Chapelo
04-23-2008, 04:45 PM
Hi Andrea,
Yes your prints arrived!!! Yeah!!!
Jeff

YAY thanks Jeff!!! No peeking;)

dennis_spaziano
04-23-2008, 04:49 PM
Nylora
If she was I would be the one looking for a ride,:eek: as you know I would never do that. :D

StaceyDamon
04-23-2008, 08:54 PM
I just got my prints and am ready to pack them up. I am so much more excited now. I am happy with the prints. This is my first time competing so I am not sure how they will do, but I do want to thank everyone that encouraged and pushed me to compete...it will be fun and a great learning experience! See you all soon!!! I AM SOOO EXCITED!!!

Nylora_Bruleigh
04-23-2008, 08:55 PM
YAAAAYYYY Stacey!
I can't wait to see them! Are you happy with the way they turned out?

Are you heading down tonight you said or tomorrow?

Drive Safe!

nylora

StaceyDamon
04-23-2008, 11:52 PM
I am happy with them...I guess I have to be.:rolleyes: I used Natural Color. I am at my sister's tonight in Freeport and heading down to Manchester tomorrow morning. See you soon!