PDA

View Full Version : My 1st attempt for competition, please cc

Lorrie_Kennedy
04-18-2008, 06:48 PM
This was just posted on "New Here" thread. I wanted to get it out of there and put it where others may see it and comment. D. Craig gave me some advise already, now I need more.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd25/lorrieken/Outdoors/SunsetRide.jpg

Lorrie_Kennedy
04-18-2008, 11:01 PM
Come on y'all, I need some cc on this one. Or I think I do.:D

Ashley_Short
04-19-2008, 12:07 AM
Lorrie,

I think it's awesome, but I'm fairly new to competition, too, so... I'm probably not much help. The one thing I though of, though, is that he's kind of riding out of the frame. I'd check out what it looks like framed more to the left, or maybe flipping the image?

Like I said, that could be useless info... hopefully someone who competes or judges will let you know.

Good luck!

Lorrie_Kennedy
04-19-2008, 12:27 AM
Ashley, thanks for posting. I see what you mean. But does it matter that he also leads one to look at the sunset? I will look at it flipped and see what I think and maybe repost it.

Thank you!!

D._Craig_Flory
04-19-2008, 12:27 AM
Lorrie,

I think it's awesome, but I'm fairly new to competition, too, so... I'm probably not much help. The one thing I though of, though, is that he's kind of riding out of the frame. I'd check out what it looks like framed more to the left, or maybe flipping the image?

Like I said, that could be useless info... hopefully someone who competes or judges will let you know.

Good luck!

Hi Ashley;

I looked at flipping it but ... now, the flow of the hill curves down and right over to him.

Lorrie_Kennedy
04-19-2008, 12:35 AM
Hi again D. Craig...(maybe it is David :D ) I like David anyway!!

Thanks for the input here. I just flipped it and didn't like it very much at all. You already knew that though!

Do you ever wonder where we would all end up at in competition without such straightforward suggestions? I detest the thought of that idea!

Ashley_Short
04-19-2008, 01:42 AM
"I looked at flipping it but ... now, the flow of the hill curves down and right over to him."

Gotcha. Like I said, I don't know much! lol

Lorrie_Kennedy
04-25-2008, 05:23 PM
Are there any others willing to give me an opinion?

David_A._Lottes
04-25-2008, 06:19 PM
What's the title? I'm thinking "Home by dark".

Can't tell you if this would merit or not but I love the image. :)

Lorrie_Kennedy
04-25-2008, 06:40 PM
What's the title? I'm thinking "Home by dark".

Can't tell you if this would merit or not but I love the image. :)

David, I like that!:cool:

I came up with "When Effort is Rewarded"

I think a title may be one of the hardest parts of this.

Richard_Dalton
04-26-2008, 03:46 PM
I like it, but I think you might add some pop by enhancing (saturating) the blue in the sky. It looks a bit muddy to me. If you could re-shoot the image, I'd get in closer, and lower. Get the spokes of the wheels in the shot. It would read better as a bicycle. As far as scores and merit-worthiness, not the one to ask, but my guess would be high 70's.
1. "Just passin' through"
2. "Passin' through"
3. "On the home-stretch"
4. "Almost there"
5. "The ride home"
6. "Racing the sun"