PDA

View Full Version : Please help... Still searching for one more sure fire.

Teri_Quance
04-18-2008, 05:44 AM
Need one more merit for my case. What do you think of this one in electronic imaging?

Title: Burnin' Up the Court

John_Metcalfe
04-18-2008, 12:59 PM
Not sure... Hard to tell lo-res

Like the concept! Have a similar cheerleader group I was thinking about. Is much of that done in E.I.?

Art_Wright
04-18-2008, 01:07 PM
Burnin' Up?

John_Metcalfe
04-18-2008, 01:10 PM
That 's just her Texas accent comin' out, Art...

misspellin' no extra charge

Keep it up Teri, I like it!

Teri_Quance
04-18-2008, 02:03 PM
Thanks, Ya'll!

What dimensions are you all posting? My images are smaller than others posting... I'll try to get it in there a tad larger.

TQ

D._Craig_Flory
04-18-2008, 07:07 PM
Thanks, Ya'll!

What dimensions are you all posting? My images are smaller than others posting... I'll try to get it in there a tad larger.

TQ

Hi Teri;

I usually post images @ 72 ppi in 8" X 6.4". (proportional to 10 X 8 and 20 X 16 ) The same goes for verticals ... 6.4" X 8".

Linda_Gregory
04-18-2008, 07:15 PM
Terry,

Many post a link to the image on a website such as your own or photobucket. Then it can be as large as you wish.

Keith_A_Howe
04-18-2008, 07:40 PM
Teri, You mentioned EI, yet on another thread you said you have three seals from what I assumed was portrait open? So are you looking for a 4th print for EI or for open?

Keith

Teri_Quance
04-19-2008, 05:56 AM
Hi Keith,

It doesn't matter, right. I just need one more print merit.

TQ

Keith_A_Howe
04-19-2008, 01:27 PM
Hi Keith,

It doesn't matter, right. I just need one more print merit.

TQ

Then don't enter this as EI. EI would be a seperate case with 4 EI entries and any merits from that would count toward the Master of Electronic Imaging. EI merits do not apply toward the regular Master's degree. You cannot combine EI and portrait open entries in the same case. BUT!! You can enter this print as a portrait open, depends on what you are wanting it judged for. PO is judged according to the 12 elements for the print itself and you have to have created the original imager. EI takes into consideration what the entrant chose to do to the image and degree of difficulty. The actual EI work is being judged not the original image and the entrant does not necessarily have to be the photographer of the original. The panel is looking for different things in the two different competitions. Just because a print is heavily worked does not mean it has to be entered as EI.

Keith

Dave_Cisco
04-19-2008, 02:14 PM
If I can see repetition in your flame effect in this small image, the judges will "burn you" when you put a 16x20 in front of them. I don't think this image will score over 78.

PS
(delete)