PDA

View Full Version : Getting ready for '09

paulrogers
04-14-2008, 05:39 PM
According to the Imaging USA website, the hotel info is supposed to be listed tomorrow. As this venue continues to grow and grow, I would think it would be wise to secure a room as soon as possible.

I hear through the grapevine that even though we are in Phoenix and not in Tampa, there will still be some pirates with a few skull & crossbones.

Should be a great time as always.

Paul

D._Craig_Flory
04-14-2008, 05:58 PM
I hear through the grapevine that even though we are in Phoenix and not in Tampa, there will still be some pirates with a few skull & crossbones.
Paul

Hi Paul;

Hmmm, inquiring minds want to know if your last name has anything to do with pirate flags ... "The Jolly Roger" ? ;)

Mark_Levesque
04-14-2008, 07:02 PM
Not since he sang for Queen. ;) (I know, it's Rodgers)

paulrogers
04-14-2008, 07:56 PM
Hey Mark,
Not as many Queen references as Bad Co. and Free.

Cindi_Delaney
04-14-2008, 08:00 PM
I like Phoenix. I can drive to Phoenix.
Warm and dry in January. :D

Mark_Levesque
04-14-2008, 08:01 PM
Just trying to keep it current, Paul. :)

Ashley_Short
04-14-2008, 08:03 PM
I like Phoenix. I can drive to Phoenix.
Warm and dry in January. :D

Yeah, I thought it would be warm and dry in January when we went to IUSA San Antonio!! Boy, were we in for a surprise! :eek:

I can't believe they're booking hotels already... I'm so slow....

Ashley_Short
04-15-2008, 04:24 PM
Nothing there yet. :(

paulrogers
04-15-2008, 11:08 PM
Hey Mark,
No worries, any era of him is "Alright Now" (Sorry , bad joke). BTW, Nice website, I like the clean look you got.

Hey Ashley,
I was also in San Antonio and was bummed about the weather. I am from the Chicago area and was looking to get away from it for a few days.

Tampa was great and I am sure Phoenix will also be up to par. Speaking of par, maybe I should bring my golf clubs.

Paul

paulrogers
04-21-2008, 07:49 PM
The Hotel info is up. I am locked in and looking forward to a great time.

Valerie_Harte
04-24-2008, 09:13 PM
I signed up to stay at the Holiday Inn Express... it was close, I dont' trust the shuttles and I'm not renting a car. Can't wait to see everyone again!

Rob_Kemp
05-14-2008, 05:51 AM
Got our room too... we are gonna stay at the HIE too.... See ya there Valerie...

Christina_Mascarenas
05-30-2008, 03:59 AM
can you start a roomie list?
i just got a room at the Hyatt Regency Phoenix Hotel
2 queen beds if anyone wants to share.
its across the street from the convention center

Ashley_Short
05-30-2008, 04:13 AM
I can't believe the headquarters hotel is sold out already! We booked a room the first day they were online, but now we're a little bit hesitant b/c they don't offer free internet. (That's a huge deal for us internet junkies.)

Stephanie_Millner
05-30-2008, 05:42 AM
That's ok, Ashley - you'll be so busy hanging out with all the OurPPA'ers you won't have time to surf the web. Don't change from the HQ hotel though!

Ashley_Short
05-30-2008, 03:52 PM
That's ok, Ashley - you'll be so busy hanging out with all the OurPPA'ers you won't have time to surf the web. Don't change from the HQ hotel though!

Yeah, maybe now that I've met some people online! The last time I went, it was my husband and I, the parties weren't near as good as they should have been b/c there wasn't anyone there I knew. I've been to the IUSA few times, but the first couple I was a volunteer, so it was easy to find people to hang out with. The last time... not so much. :(

Valerie_Harte
05-31-2008, 06:28 PM
Got our room too... we are gonna stay at the HIE too.... See ya there Valerie...

Looking forward to it! We're almost half way there.

Rob_Kemp
05-31-2008, 11:11 PM
we chose the Holiday Inn also... just down the street... and we are driving to PHX... $25/day to park at the host hotel was too much (HI is free)...

Tim_Babin
06-01-2008, 01:47 AM
It says sold out already, is that true? one day?

Sorry, did not see the date this was started only the one above me. geez, this was quick.

Ernst-Ulrich_Schafer
06-01-2008, 02:24 AM
Hey Paul, Won't be attending in 2009 as I have my sights on SPA and WPPI for the lst time. Hopefully we can hook up in 2010.

Best to ya, Ernst

JE_Hedges_Photography
06-01-2008, 05:41 AM
Hubby and I will be staying at the Holiday Inn Express. Chose this hotel because of complimentary parking for registered guests, newly renovated last year, complimentary buffet breakfast each morning, microwave and mini fridge in every room, and complimentary high speed internet access in all guest rooms. AND... it's only four blocks from the convention center. Sounds like a winner to me. :)

Tim_Babin
06-01-2008, 06:01 AM
I picked the Hyatt, only a few minutes from the convention center and the main hotel. 199 per night, a week later though, the military discount is $125 per night.

John_Metcalfe
06-04-2008, 02:25 PM
My wife Sonya and I are staying at the Holiday Inn Midtown. Tram outside the front door, brand new modern facility, and restaurant breakfast voucher. The rates are actually better than posted on PPA's hotel listing.

Holiday Inn Midtown
212 West Osborn Road
Phoenix, AZ 85013
602-595-4444 / 1-888-465-4329

$109.95 plus tax per night
$20.00 voucher for breakfast per day.
Parking $8.00 a night.
15 minute ride on the tram.

Brand new hotel just opened. Very modern decor.

paulrogers
06-05-2008, 03:24 AM
Hey Metcalfe,
Does this mean you are going to be bringing me breakfast in the morning? Hey, don't forget the bowling shirt, we may run into another bowling alley with Buddha and his balls. HA!

John_Metcalfe
06-05-2008, 06:33 AM
Hey Metcalfe,
Does this mean you are going to be bringing me breakfast in the morning? Hey, don't forget the bowling shirt, we may run into another bowling alley with Buddha and his balls. HA!

Not likely...

Bowling shirt even has a backup.

One more thing. If you pay in full when registering you receive the rooms for $90 at the Holiday Inn but you lose your breakfast voucher.

Ross_Bowden
06-11-2008, 09:11 PM
Pheonix... Do people from the frozen midwest get to escape for 4-5 hours for a golf outing? Didn't do it in Tampa. I should probably go and get a room earlier than oct like last year.

Nancy_Catherine_Walker
07-07-2008, 01:27 AM
I stayed at the Sheraton last year in Tampa. I was taking the EPIC classes and thought it would be good to be so close. Boy was I wrong.

On the last day of the event the hotel staff came down to tell us that they had canceled the airport shuttle and everyone was on their own to figure out how to get to the airport. Most of the participants in the class were police and had little to no voucher money. It was ugly.

And yes you pay for internet, every day. They turn off the connection at 3 pm. Doesn't matter if paid the full fee at 2 pm it gets turned off at 3 pm period. They won't turn it back on until you pay the full fee again.

This year I'm at the Spring Hill Suites, Phoenix Downtown. It's not on the list. Part of the Marriott chain. 2 blocks from the convention center and free internet.