PDA

View Full Version : CPP Written Exam in a couple of weeks, is it too late?

MaryHenry
04-13-2008, 02:49 PM
I was on the waiting list for Texas School, but found out a few days ago that I got in. I am interested in taking the exam...although I haven't studied for it in months....I started to before Christmas and then stopped. Texas School is in a couple of weeks. Is it too late to register and study for the exam? I have had my application sitting on the desk for over 6 months...but just have been chickening out. Is there a waiting period between the time you submit your application and taking the exam?

D._Craig_Flory
04-13-2008, 02:55 PM
Hi Mary;

In all my years of giving the exam ... anyone getting the payment, and completed paperwork, to PPA by a week before is usually ok. I'm giving it April 20th. If someone were to get everything in by tomorrow they could still take it with me. I simply tell my state assn. what size room I need by the final count. So, the only reason I can see why you couldn't would be if they had too many for the room size but I'd think they would have room for you.

Tod_Gomes
04-13-2008, 04:32 PM
As far as the studying part.... it's NEVER too late! 2 weeks is plenty of time to study! IMO, if it is much longer than 2 weeks, you will retain so much information that you won't even need and forget a lot of what you studied. I just took the test last Thursday and this time, I studied 3 hours before the test. That's it! The last time I studied for it was last year when I studied for 8 weeks with my local PPA affiliate.

The test is really not that hard, I'm just not a good test taker. Keep in mind though that it is VERY subjective in their questions (and answers (that you'll never find out;) )). Also, the way they word some of the questions is subjective/poorly written.

You can send an e-mail to Marissa at PPA and she will be able to answer for you the other part of your question (mpitts@ppa.com)

Cassandra_Sullivan
04-13-2008, 10:07 PM
Once you send in your application for CPP, you have 2 years to get it - so if you don't pass the test this time, you can always take it again somewhere else. Go for it!

Mark_Levesque
04-13-2008, 10:54 PM
It's simply not a difficult test. 2 weeks is plenty of time, if you can devote 60-90 minutes of studying daily.

Carsten_von_Hedemann
04-14-2008, 12:16 AM
I'm taking the test at Texas school too. I Called the PPA on Thursday. They give me a number to fax the application to. Received a confirmation e-mail early Friday. Just give them a call monday morning they where very helpful :-)

c...