PDA

View Full Version : May image deadline info ...

D._Craig_Flory
04-10-2008, 03:08 PM
For anyone who is looking at submitting images for the next C.P.P. image review: http://certifiedphotographer.com:80/image-submission-guideline.html

The deadline will be May 9th.

Heather_L._Smith
04-10-2008, 03:57 PM
Gulp. <begin cold sweat.... now>

Mark_Levesque
04-10-2008, 04:16 PM
<roll eyes>

You have nothing to worry about.

Angela_Lawson
04-10-2008, 04:50 PM
I've seen Heather's web-page - nothing to worry about there. :)

Now, if I can just nail down my images before then, it will be a miracle. Every image I look at now, I'm second guessing not only for image submission, but for my clients as well. Anyone want a small vacation to chilly Northern Michigan for a few days to help me nail down my lighting, and look over my image library? I make a great homemade lasagna, and a mean cheesecake, if anyone is interested?:D

Heather_L._Smith
04-10-2008, 05:04 PM
You guys are funny...

Now, Angela, I love lasagna and definitely love cheesecake, but Michigan? Well, that's another story :) On a more serious note, if you have anything ready to be looked at now, we'd love to see it! I can't remember if you posted possible submissions before (I know I've seen portfolios posted, I just can't remember who they came from now!) I can't believe the deadline is just around the corner.

Erin_L._Clark
04-14-2008, 01:28 PM
I just want to double check- which comes first if at all? Image submission or taking the exam??? Does it matter?

D._Craig_Flory
04-14-2008, 01:36 PM
I just want to double check- which comes first if at all? Image submission or taking the exam??? Does it matter?

Hi Erin;

It doesn't matter which you do first. It's up to you. If an image submission time was before the next exam date, and location I think that might dictate that it would be prudent to go ahead and upload the images. But, if an exam date was 1st then I'd go ahead and take the exam first. You have up to 2 years to complete, and pass, both parts.

Please let me know if you are planning on flying here, to Pennsylvania, to take it with me. Besides this coming Sunday I'll be giving it also in June and October. Harrisburg International Airport does have an Air National Guard unit so maybe you can get a military hop. ;)

Heather_L._Smith
04-14-2008, 01:41 PM
Erin - the image submission dates are only once a quarter, this next one being in May, then again in August (I think).

Ashley_Short
04-14-2008, 04:41 PM
If anyone can help me, that'd be great.....

I'm in NW Ohio and I'd like to get a list or something of all the next possible testing times. I read somewhere to call the state affiliate, but I don't even know who I'd call or how to find that out.

Thanks in advance!

~Ashley

D._Craig_Flory
04-14-2008, 04:57 PM
If anyone can help me, that'd be great.....

I'm in NW Ohio and I'd like to get a list or something of all the next possible testing times. I read somewhere to call the state affiliate, but I don't even know who I'd call or how to find that out.

Thanks in advance!

~Ashley

Hi Ashley;

Download the list of C.P.P. Liaisons ... those are who give the exams. Then you can contact those close enough to see when and where they give it. http://certifiedphotographer.com/ .... click on certification liaisons, download, and save the list. I give it 4 times a year here in Pennsylvania.

Erin_L._Clark
04-14-2008, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the heads up Heather- I'll attempt to get in on the May 8th (?) deadline...

Craig, I'll definitely do that and see about that hop. October might be a possibility. thanks!

D._Craig_Flory
04-14-2008, 06:03 PM
Thanks for the heads up Heather- I'll attempt to get in on the May 8th (?) deadline...

Craig, I'll definitely do that and see about that hop. October might be a possibility. thanks!

Hi Erin;

I called the Air National Guard unit and was told they only fly their unit's birds and no transient planes fly in there. So, I think the closest would be Maguire AFB, in New Jersey. When I flew home on leave I flew in there a few times.
http://public.mcguire.amc.af.mil/

Erin_L._Clark
04-14-2008, 06:07 PM
wow, you are efficient. I better find a way to PA! I can go visit the relatives in Ohio afterwards.

D._Craig_Flory
04-14-2008, 06:26 PM
wow, you are efficient. I better find a way to PA! I can go visit the relatives in Ohio afterwards.

Hi Erin;

I called Maguire. Till October, they have no way of knowing what flights might come in. He said flights come there from Germany but not all that frequently from Italy. It's first come first served. Once in the list you can't get bumped. And the hops are ok for dependants so you could grab a seat if one were coming.

So you know about this area: I am 3 miles east of Chocolate Town USA ... Hershey. The famous Pa. Dutch Country starts at my county but the main part is Lancaster County. Both are with an hour or less of our meeting hotel. The Gettysburg battlefields are also close.

Our October meeting is also our convention this year. It would be cool if you could take the exam here and stay for some or all of the convention. Here is our state web site. Check out the list of speakers, which is impressive ! www.ppaofpa.org

Ashley_Short
04-14-2008, 06:34 PM
Hi Erin;
So you know about this area: I am 3 miles east of Chocolate Town USA ... Hershey. The famous Pa. Dutch Country starts at my county but the main part is Lancaster County. Both are with an hour or less of our meeting hotel. The Gettysburg battlefields are also close.

Hmmm..... you shoulda mentioned the part about Hershey earlier. :p
Makes driving that way for the test a little bit easier.. lol. I might have to talk to my hubby about that one!

D._Craig_Flory
04-14-2008, 06:54 PM
Hmmm..... you shoulda mentioned the part about Hershey earlier. :p
Makes driving that way for the test a little bit easier.. lol. I might have to talk to my hubby about that one!

Hi Ashley;

Yes, I have to often drive down Chocolate and / or Cocoa Avenue and the aroma always makes me hungry. Then, at the west end of town is the Reeses Peanut Butter Plant & the aroma of peanuts adds to my hunger. To make you want to schedule a road trip with your hubby :

http://www.hersheypa.com/
http://www.hersheys.com/products/os.asp

Erin_L._Clark
04-14-2008, 11:03 PM
Craig, thanks for all that info. flights to Germany are pretty easy to get- most likely I'll hop to Norfolk and drive up- I think I'll make Oct. a definite goal... the convention and chocolate adds to the enticement! -