03-31-2008, 05:56 PM
http://studiojphotography.net/Images/Jeff.jpg

Noelle_Zaleski
03-31-2008, 06:02 PM
where is this class?

Jackie_Haggerty
03-31-2008, 06:08 PM
Hi Noelle,

It is being hosted in Bloomington-Normal, IL!!

Heather_L._Smith
03-31-2008, 06:11 PM
It's a Dachowski Road Show!!

Chris_Padgett
03-31-2008, 08:26 PM
He needs to bring that road show down South!!!!!!!!!!

Jackie_Haggerty
03-31-2008, 10:11 PM
Well, it's not as humid in Illinois in June as it is in the south- why don't you come up? :D

The Bellies and Babies tour is also nearby within an hour - we are planning on attending it the evening before. You should come! Seriously! Heather? Chris?

Betsy_Finn
03-31-2008, 10:40 PM
lol! finally something close to me! sign me up. :D

Heather_L._Smith
04-01-2008, 02:44 AM
Well, it's not as humid in Illinois in June as it is in the south- why don't you come up? :D

The Bellies and Babies tour is also nearby within an hour - we are planning on attending it the evening before. You should come! Seriously! Heather? Chris?

I would LOOOOVE to, but I get the pleasure of attending this class in NH in a few weeks. I missed the Bellies & Babies tour when it came through, but they just announced a new venue in NC, which isn't a bad drive. I've got to find a reason to come to IL, but I get to see you, Jackie, in NH, too... so I guess IL will have to wait!

Jackie_Haggerty
04-01-2008, 02:33 PM
Aww, Heather. It's ok - let us know how the program goes in a couple weeks!

Jackie_Haggerty
04-01-2008, 02:35 PM
lol! finally something close to me! sign me up. :D

Betsy- you guys are officially signed up! Whoo Hoo! This is going to be awesome! :D

Betsy_Finn
04-01-2008, 03:51 PM
Betsy- you guys are officially signed up! Whoo Hoo! This is going to be awesome! :D

:D yay

Heather_L._Smith
04-01-2008, 04:18 PM
I'll let you know in a few weeks if it's any good :)

(hahahahahaha!)

John_Metcalfe
04-12-2008, 01:47 AM
Jackie,

I am registering. Is that O.K.?

Jackie_Haggerty
04-12-2008, 01:49 AM
John- you might have to ask Jeff since you teach natural light- he might make you sit in the corner or something! LOL

Of course!!!!!!

Glad to have you!

ETA: To register just send me a PM - I'll let you know the fine details!

Chris_Padgett
04-12-2008, 05:59 PM
Jackie,

How long of a drive is it from St. Louis? May have to drive up and catch a game on Sunday then hang with you guys on Monday.

I'm trying to figure our where to spend my education budget since they cancelled the Light Pro Expo that was going to be in Nashville, TN.

Jackie_Haggerty
04-12-2008, 06:07 PM
Chris- it is only 2.5 hours from the St. Louis area, right up I55! A few of us are planning on attending Bellies and Babies in Peoria on Sunday evening- then the program on Monday. If you come to town you could join us!

John_Metcalfe
04-13-2008, 07:13 AM
Jackie,

how far are you from the train depot? could i walk to your studio from there or do i need a transport?

btw i spend a lot of time in the corner. it doesn't really work.

paulrogers
04-13-2008, 07:31 PM
Hey John,
I would love to come down and share that corner with you but I will be recovering from IL workshops and 2 weddings with Barton (which as you know is tiring in itself).

PR

John_Metcalfe
04-13-2008, 11:36 PM
Hey John,
I would love to come down and share that corner with you but I will be recovering from IL workshops and 2 weddings with Barton (which as you know is tiring in itself).

PR

Just remember God loves you. Also don't forget your ear plugs! HA!

Just kidding... Michael has plenty of good things to say. It's just the waiting through all the other stuff he says till they're spoken! HAx2!

Jeff_Dachowski
04-23-2008, 07:49 PM
Hey everyone,
So glad to hear so many are coming. I can't wait to meet everyone. I am so excited to say that recently WHCC has offered to sponsor me on this trip, and I want to publicly thank them for their continued support of educating professional photographers. Thanks WHCC!!

Jeff

dawnbergeron
04-23-2008, 08:10 PM
Hey Jeff - just thought I'd sign on to PPA for once and let you know I'll be there - I'm SO excited you are coming - you too Betsy:) So much fun!

Angela_Lawson
04-23-2008, 08:35 PM
I'm coming too. Yahoo!!!! Two days of learning (Bellies and Babies), then A.L. with Jeff. I'm excited, and looking forward to meeting some OurPPAers too.

Jackie_Haggerty
04-25-2008, 04:10 AM
This is so exciting! So far, people are coming from at least 4 surrounding states to this class (make that 5 if you count Chicago as its own state since it should be)! You know, Jeff, this isn't New England- our states here take a lot of hours to drive to - so this is AWESOME!!

If you are thinking of coming- sign up NOW!

MikeGeorge
05-21-2008, 06:41 PM
Any spots left Jackie???

Let me know,

Mike

Jackie_Haggerty
05-21-2008, 11:44 PM
Mike,

I wish I could say we have spots left but this class is booked solid. I do have a waiting list if for some reason someone cancels. I'll write you down!

Heather_L._Smith
05-22-2008, 01:36 PM
This is so awesome!! I'm so excited to see that this class is full! I got to go to Jeff's class in NH in April and it was fantastic. I use the things I learned every day now. I would say get on the waiting list so you have a chance to go to this class... it's well worth it.

Jeff_Dachowski
06-01-2008, 04:15 AM
To the folks who are signed up for this program. Jackie asked me to give an overview of the program so everyone can get a feel for the day.

First, my teaching type is land back, and very hands on. Once I go over something, i expect the attendees to try it for themselves. I have said more than once that this is the best time to get it wrong. When there is no client in front of you, only a model who doesn't understand what you are doing anyways!!!

For this program I will be covering:

Translucent lighting-
Reflective lighting-
Strobe and daylight mixing

We will probably move the class 4 times during the day, and will have a meal at some point in the afternoon. We have to eat some time right????

I will be covering all of the scrims, reflectors, stands etc that I use. I will have some products from Larson for us to use, as well as a printed piece with diagrams of lighting set ups that WHCC was kind enough to provide for us!! Thanks Tom!

This program is hands on, so bring your camera and a longer lens. No 500f4 ok? We probably only need a 70-200.

If you shoot with a tripod, bring it. If not, consider bringing it anyway and using it. Your images will probably be sharper, and you won't be tired from having to hold it for 8 hours!!

I know a lot of you, and know of some of you. Either way, I am really looking forward to a fun day of shooting.

A lot of folks have asked us if we have any more spaces.

We do not. Jackie has informed me that we have reached our capacity with the class. I would love to have more people attend, but not at the expense of those who are already signed up! Maybe if there is interest, we can do another event!

See you all in a couple of weeks.

Jeff

John_Metcalfe
06-06-2008, 12:59 PM
Jeff, Just so you know... This isn't NH. Been over 90 degrees every day with just about 80 - 100 percent humidity. Stormed just about every day and night with a few tornadoes for the last 2 weeks.

I'm all for this moving around thing and the lunch part is great! But, is there any chance you could just tell us about it all INSIDE?

Jeff_Dachowski
06-06-2008, 01:31 PM
is there any chance you could just tell us about it all INSIDE?

John,
Are you suggesting I change the topic to be outdoor lighting in the AC?

I bet it will be hot. FWIW, I hate the heat. I really hate it!

Oh well!
Jeff

Jackie_Haggerty
06-06-2008, 01:33 PM
This isn't NH. Been over 90 degrees every day with just about 80 - 100 percent humidity. Stormed just about every day and night with a few tornadoes for the last 2 weeks.

John! SHHHHH!! I was saving this part for when he gets here! :D

Heather_L._Smith
06-06-2008, 01:34 PM
What fun would it be if you didn't throw Dachowski a curveball??

John_Metcalfe
06-06-2008, 01:35 PM
Would it be alright if I just park my car close to the class and watch from there when we are outside?

John_Metcalfe
06-06-2008, 01:38 PM
Jeff, this whole outside thing is overrated any way. Isn't it? Let's just sit around INSIDE and tell trumped up stories about how great it is to use God's light. You know "back in the day" stuff...

Mark_Levesque
06-06-2008, 01:51 PM
Jeff, Just so you know... This isn't NH. Been over 90 degrees every day with just about 80 - 100 percent humidity.
He might as well go, that's the weather we are expecting saturday-tuesday.

Jackie_Haggerty
06-06-2008, 02:10 PM
The weather has been terribly crazy this spring here- literally from 50 degrees and overcast to the 90's full of humidity. We didn't have a nice spring this year.

John is correct about tornadoes- there were 2 surrounding this area just Wednesday evening. :eek:

Angela_Lawson
06-06-2008, 02:26 PM
Would it be alright if I just park my car close to the class and watch from there when we are outside?

I call "shotgun".:D I absolutely hate the heat and humidity - even here in Michigan we went from cold and snow, to cold and rain, to hot and humid within days. So, if John, and you all don't mind, I'll sit in the car and maybe we can get something hooked up so that we can just hear Jeff in "real time" thru the car speakers.;)

Angela

Barbara_Adelman
06-07-2008, 03:48 AM
Ok so it sounds like it will just be Jackie, Jeff and a few of us lucky enough to get into the class that will be out listening, braving the heat while wimpyboy sits in the car? - (Angela - don't let him lure you - be strong)

Jeff - can't wait for the class - I've heard nothing but raves about you and your teaching!

Rick_Massarini
06-07-2008, 06:51 AM
I'm too far from normal to even think about attending ......duh, that didn't sound good, did it ???

Hey, y'all don't know anything about humidity.... try deep South Louisiana on for size - 95 degrees and about 500% humidity - it absolutely defies the laws of physics down here... have you ever been in an area where the dew point is over 90 degrees ??? - well that's home for me... people have been known to sprout gills from breathing the air down here for too long... and to make things worse, I've got an outdoor wedding tomorrow night - ugh!!!

Linda_Gregory
06-07-2008, 05:58 PM
Jeff and Carolle can pull off learning under any circumstance! It was wonderful weather in Wichita when they were here, sunshiny, temp in the high 70's but....a wind advisory from 12 to 10! Our class was 12 to 8. We were practically blown into the river!

Humidity doesn't have a chance in that wind but we did get sun/wind burnt! Don't forget the chapstick!

John_Metcalfe
06-13-2008, 02:29 PM
Ohhhhh man! Jeff it's not looking too good for being outside! The pollen count is skyrocketing and mosquitoes are flying off with small children. I do have a fogger if you wish me to bring it! Heck, it might make for a cool effect!

Jeff_Dachowski
06-13-2008, 04:27 PM
Barbara,
Thanks for your kind words! I hope I can live up to them!

John,
I am a mosquito magnet! Don't worry about them. They will be all over me.

I leave on Sunday morning. I am watching the weather though...

It sounds crazy in the midwest.

Jeff

JohnHeckler
06-13-2008, 06:13 PM
Wow, didn't know Jeff's class included storm chasing! How exciting! Can't wait ... I've had a fascination with capturing an image of a tornado since I was old enough to know what one was.

Angela_Lawson
06-13-2008, 06:50 PM
Well, I'm leaving tomorrow and stopping to visit a friend on my way down. I'll catch Sam on Sunday and head over Sunday night. So, all I have to say is, bad weather or not, I will be there.

Angela

Jeff_Dachowski
06-13-2008, 06:59 PM
Well, I'm leaving tomorrow and stopping to visit a friend on my way down. I'll catch Sam on Sunday and head over Sunday night. So, all I have to say is, bad weather or not, I will be there.

Angela
Hi Angela,
jackie and I are headed to see Sam on Sunday as well. Let meet up.
Jeff

Angela_Lawson
06-13-2008, 08:24 PM
Okay, here's my cell phone number 231-838-3686 I'll probably make it into Peoria around noonish, unless you want to get together for lunch before hand. I can always get up a little earlier and make it there sooner. Just let me know. I'll also check the forum before I leave too.
Angela

Jeff_Dachowski
06-13-2008, 09:29 PM
Hey Angela,
thanks! I don't think we will make Peoria for lunch, but we will give you a call when we are in town.
jeff

Jackie_Haggerty
06-14-2008, 03:52 AM
Good news is the predictions for Monday are upper 70's and partly cloudy. Horray- now summer has turned into spring! :eek:

Barbara_Adelman
06-14-2008, 04:10 AM
I've been watching it too Jackie - But of course tonight we were supposed to get hail and it was gorgeous! Best bet is sunscreen, bug replant and a parka - you just never know.

John_Metcalfe
06-14-2008, 06:05 AM
does a feasther boa count? ask Jackie...

Barbara_Adelman
06-14-2008, 06:10 AM
For you John - only if it is pink, really fluffy and paired with silver heels

John_Metcalfe
06-14-2008, 06:17 AM
Dang it! I chose black...

Got the ROCKSTAR glasses, the scarf, boa and manicure. NIX the heels not happening... Possibly Chucks, just incase I gotta run!

Cristiane_Laird
06-14-2008, 02:11 PM
Hi Jackie!
I can't believe I just missed it! Is it a Tour? Is Jeff offering this class some other time?

Jackie_Haggerty
06-15-2008, 02:58 PM
I don't know of anywhere else close that he will be, Cristiane. There is one spot that opened up if you would like to come down!

Keith_A_Howe
06-15-2008, 03:34 PM
Poor Jeff is once again stuck in an airport trying to get to a meeting. I just talked to Jeff and he is in Grand Rapids MI as Chicago is shut down for weather and his plane was low on fuel. He is refueling and getting ready to take off again. Good luck to all at the event.

Linda_Gregory
06-15-2008, 06:32 PM
OH NO!!!! Really kinda unbelievable. Poor little bunny!

Keith_A_Howe
06-15-2008, 06:50 PM
Ha Ha Ha, good one Linda!
Keith

Don_Chick
06-15-2008, 09:30 PM
Good news is the predictions for Monday are upper 70's and partly cloudy. Horray- now summer has turned into spring! :eek:

That weather prediction can't be right... Jeff won't know what to do with "Normal" weather.

Usually when he puts on a seminar is blazingly hot or wicked cold.....

Jackie_Haggerty
06-16-2008, 05:25 AM
Jeff did make it in!! Just in time to see part of Sam's program- visit another area studio on the way to Bloomington, pick up his luggage that arrived in Bloomington without him (he ended up flying into Peoria instead), and be dropped off at his hotel. Tomorrow morning will be a bright and early one while we go scout locations to visit during the program tomorrow.

Angela_Lawson
06-18-2008, 02:06 AM
I'm finally home!!! I must say, that was a very long trip. It took as long for me to drive home, as it did for Jeff to get there by plane on Sunday. :) I don't think I'll make that long of a trip by myself again. It's not a good thing when you have to start talking to yourself in order to stay awake.

Anyway, the weather was absolutely beautiful. Warm, but breezy, and just wonderfully comfortable. I did forget the sunscreen and have a little bit of sunburn, but that's okay. I just wanted to say THANKS to Jackie for hosting this seminar, and to all the people who attended, did we have a great time or what?!!! It was nice to meet you all, and I enjoyed hanging out with Barbara, John, Tiffany, and Wayne (our car crew). And lastly, a great big THANK YOU to Jeff for an awesome program. (I had 10 hours on the road today to digest most of it. :) Once I've had a day or two to catch up at the studio, I'll try to post some of my images.

Angela

Barbara_Adelman
06-18-2008, 03:19 AM
Monday was great - I'll second Angela on saying that we couldn't have asked for a better day and that our "car crew" was lots of fun. Glad you got home OK and really glad to meet you and the others face to face!

JohnHeckler
06-18-2008, 02:45 PM
Jeff's seminar was GREAT! Lots of great info on lighting outdoors in all kinds of conditions, what to look for, how to use various light modifiers, etc AND tons of hands on working in "real life" situations ... VERY helpful in driving home all the things Jeff was teaching!

I'll post some pics as soon as I get a chance to work a couple ... plus some "out takes" :-)

Great stuff Jeff! Thanks for putting it on and thanks Jackie for all your hard work in organizing and facilitating it all! You guys are awesome!

And of course, it was great to get to see and work with everyone I met.

JohnHeckler
06-19-2008, 07:52 AM
Ok, I was a little sloppy with the post processing on some of these, but I wanted to get some shots up from Jeff's Outdoor Lighting Seminar in Bloomington, IL this past Monday.

I'll post some pull backs and out takes as well once I get a little more time.

http://www.jthphotography.com/host-images/JeffD/1.jpg

http://www.jthphotography.com/host-images/JeffD/2.jpg

http://www.jthphotography.com/host-images/JeffD/3.jpg

http://www.jthphotography.com/host-images/JeffD/4.jpg

JohnHeckler
06-19-2008, 07:52 AM
Some more ...

http://www.jthphotography.com/host-images/JeffD/5.jpg

http://www.jthphotography.com/host-images/JeffD/6.jpg

http://www.jthphotography.com/host-images/JeffD/7.jpg

http://www.jthphotography.com/host-images/JeffD/8.jpg

JohnHeckler
06-19-2008, 07:53 AM
Couple more ...

http://www.jthphotography.com/host-images/JeffD/9.jpg

http://www.jthphotography.com/host-images/JeffD/10.jpg

Jeff_Dachowski
06-19-2008, 12:45 PM
John,
I think these look great. What do you think? Are you happy with them?
Jeff

Heather_L._Smith
06-19-2008, 01:31 PM
John, these are awesome! Do you happen to have any pullbacks of the same shots/setups?

Cassandra_Sullivan
06-19-2008, 02:38 PM
Fantastic images John!
That first one - is the background a blue dumpster or a blue car? ;)

Mark_Levesque
06-19-2008, 03:19 PM
Some of those models look mighty familiar. :)

Looks like a great seminar, and a great time.

JohnHeckler
06-19-2008, 04:03 PM
John,
I think these look great. What do you think? Are you happy with them?
Jeff

Yes, I thought they turned out well considering the lighting conditions etc and considering alot of these were essentially "grab" shots from not necessarily the best angle/perspective etc (on some).

I definitely think the light was too strong on some of the images and lacking directional qualities on a few as well, but all the techniques you showed us were helpful and I know I can make it work on future sessions.

I do believe I will be investing in having an assistant though with shoots in which I anticipate needing to use scrims, gobos, as well as reflectors. That is obviously a challenge if working alone :-)

Jeff_Dachowski
06-19-2008, 06:13 PM
Hi John,
One of the key points that I did not get to is that it is ok to have flat light, as long as that is your intended goal. A good example would be Taylor on the blue truck. The flat light helps make her blue eyes stand out more. A more directional light might have been too contrasty, and you might not have noticed the eye color as much. The harsher light is better for outfits and backgrounds that lend themselves to that. IE, the fashion images and rusty doors etc.

FWIW, to those who didn't attend we started shooting outside at 1 pm, just to work with some really overhead tricky light.

I think your images look great! I just wanted to know what you thought of them.

Jeff

Linda_Gregory
06-19-2008, 06:13 PM
Some of those models look mighty familiar. :)

Looks like a great seminar, and a great time.

Not to me, who are they?

JohnHeckler
06-19-2008, 06:57 PM
Hi John,
One of the key points that I did not get to is that it is ok to have flat light, as long as that is your intended goal. A good example would be Taylor on the blue truck. The flat light helps make her blue eyes stand out more. A more directional light might have been too contrasty, and you might not have noticed the eye color as much. The harsher light is better for outfits and backgrounds that lend themselves to that. IE, the fashion images and rusty doors etc.

FWIW, to those who didn't attend we started shooting outside at 1 pm, just to work with some really overhead tricky light.

I think your images look great! I just wanted to know what you thought of them.

Jeff

Good points Jeff ... well taken. I can't tell you enough how much I enjoyed your seminar and especially your style of teaching. You are very approachable and you make everyone feel comfortable with asking questions without being afraid of looking stupid ... which is something I personally needed :-)

Thanks again for everything!

Angela_Lawson
06-19-2008, 08:02 PM
Hi all!

John - Great images! Loved them all!

Jeff - Had a really great time and I say "ditto" to what John H. said about your class and style of teaching. I've even been able to give some input on a couple of questions on the forum regarding some lighting issues since I've been back. That's thanks to you!

Well, I haven't had a ton of time to go thru and look at everything we shot, but I pulled some images that I liked and cropped and added an action or two, and thought I'd post them. (The exposure and lighting are all straight from the camera - just used a couple of softening and glow actions on them, other than the b&w one). Please let me know what you think. And if there is something I should have done differently, Jeff, please speak up. Other than the actual angle that I am at on some, as I couldn't always be where I really wanted to be, I think they turned out fairly nice, but I want hard, honest cc, or I won't learn.

Anyway, here's goes...

Angela

Angela_Lawson
06-19-2008, 08:04 PM
Two More to view.

Angela_Lawson
06-19-2008, 08:05 PM
Here are the last two.

Angela_Lawson
06-19-2008, 08:06 PM
And one just for fun!!

JohnHeckler
06-20-2008, 12:35 AM
Angela, very nice! I really like the B&W of the twins!

Mark_Levesque
06-20-2008, 01:53 AM
Not to me, who are they?
Jackie's spokesmodels from last year.

Jeff_Dachowski
06-20-2008, 03:48 AM
Angela,
I had heard the mosquitos were big in IL, but those two red ones were out of control!

I like your images a lot! I especially like the two girls laying in the field.

Here are a couple of mine. Check out all the ourppa folks who could make it. To everyone else who was a short distance away, I wish we could have gotten together!!!

Have fun... one more thing. These files are from the small jpegs in the camera, and my camera was set to 3200. So whoever says that canon is noisy compared to nikon. HA! This is from a camera that is four years old!

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p179/dachowski/Untitled-1-4.jpg
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p179/dachowski/Untitled-2-3.jpg
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p179/dachowski/Untitled-3-1.jpg
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p179/dachowski/Untitled-4.jpg

Jeff

Lori_Clapp
06-20-2008, 06:08 AM
I recognize Betsy and her husband, and John - but who are the rest of them??

Looks like an awesome class. John, those images are amazing. I love the girl by the blue truck. So what's the trick? Was that taken in direct sun? Tell us some secrets! Do you have pullbacks?

Jackie_Haggerty
06-20-2008, 01:40 PM
From the top- left to right.....

Betsy Finn, model Taylor
my kids, John Heckler
model Jenna, Barbara Adelman
Steve Finn, models Mandee and Bree
model Taylor, John Metcalfe
Richard Lenz, model Jenna
Cyndy Lenz, model Taylor
model Bree, Angela Lawson

Heather_L._Smith
06-20-2008, 02:02 PM
Lookin' goooooooood, ya'll!!!!!! And, we finally see a picture of Angela Lawson! You had to know you couldn't hide forever. Oh, and John Heckler.... no more logo-avatar for you! And John Metcalfe...it's nice to see something other than your furrowed brow!

I see new avatars in your futures...

John_Metcalfe
06-20-2008, 02:45 PM
It was a fun filled day! I was having a particularly good time reflecting the light while Jeff was rambling on...

The next day's first session I put his techniques to the test. There was a slight drizzle and one silver reflector was used behind the subject to the right. Very little as far as retouch goes just a slight exposure adjustment and clean up.

JohnHeckler
06-20-2008, 03:08 PM
I thought I had more pull back shots, but here are a couple anyway ... plus some of Jeff and other characters :-0 :-)

http://www.jthphotography.com/host-images/JeffD/JTH_1607.JPG

http://www.jthphotography.com/host-images/JeffD/JTH_1564.JPG

Jeff showing us his favorite high school senior poses ;-)

http://www.jthphotography.com/host-images/JeffD/JTH_1540.JPG

http://www.jthphotography.com/host-images/JeffD/JTH_1722.JPG

Norine_Piet
06-20-2008, 03:20 PM
I sure wish I could have been there. It looks like everyone had a good time and received excellent training. Nice photos, very nice.

Angela_Lawson
06-20-2008, 04:49 PM
Lookin' goooooooood, ya'll!!!!!! And, we finally see a picture of Angela Lawson! You had to know you couldn't hide forever. Oh, and John Heckler.... no more logo-avatar for you! And John Metcalfe...it's nice to see something other than your furrowed brow!

I see new avatars in your futures...

Well, now that everyone has seen it anyway :D , Jeff, can you send me the pic to use as my avatar? With your permission, of course! :) Oh, and BTW, great pics too, though none of us are surprised, right guys?!!!

John M. - Great use of techniques learned, though we all know that you already knew them.;)

John H. - Love the pull-backs, especially the "favorite" senior poses by Jeff.

Angela

Cyndy_Lenz
06-20-2008, 11:40 PM
Rich and I had a great time on Monday and are a lot more comfortable with the idea of outdoor lighting now. Here are a few of our images. I'll post his first and then mine. Comments are welcome.

Cyndy_Lenz
06-20-2008, 11:52 PM
A couple more

Cyndy_Lenz
06-20-2008, 11:56 PM
I've got to figure out another way to do this.

Cyndy_Lenz
06-20-2008, 11:59 PM
First Model

Cyndy_Lenz
06-21-2008, 12:01 AM
Second Model

Cyndy_Lenz
06-21-2008, 12:05 AM
another and an outtake

Cyndy_Lenz
06-21-2008, 12:17 AM
It was nice meeting everyone. I too want the avatar image. I usually hate my own picture, but I like this one :). Thanks, Jeff, for taking the time.

JohnHeckler
06-21-2008, 07:51 PM
Nice work Cindy! Love 'em.

Here's another one I liked how it turned out, so I thought I would add it to this thread :-)

http://www.jthphotography.com/host-images/JeffD/11.jpg

Jackie_Haggerty
06-21-2008, 07:55 PM
Great images! I think the twins are my new favorite models of the year!

StaceyDamon
06-21-2008, 08:03 PM
It looks like you all had a GREAT time!!! The images are great too!
Is there one of the whole group? I don't see it if so...

Jeff_Dachowski
06-21-2008, 09:18 PM
It looks like you all had a GREAT time!!! The images are great too!
Is there one of the whole group? I don't see it if so...
Stacey,
It might be hard for you to believe that we had a good time, but we did!

John Metcalfe has a bunch of fine images that are pretty cool. I hope he posts them!

Jeff

hint hint hint John!

JohnHeckler
06-21-2008, 09:29 PM
Ok, another one I liked ... :-)

http://www.jthphotography.com/host-images/JeffD/12.jpg

Betsy_Finn
06-21-2008, 10:16 PM
i'll look and see if i have one of the group. haven't even had time to look through my images from the class :o

Lori_Clapp
06-22-2008, 12:22 AM
Wow - all those images are so good!! You guys did great!

Heather Smith - nice new avatar - you are lookin' way hot!

Thanks for sharing all the pullbacks John H. Those are probably the most helpful to me of anything. Although with all those reflectors you guys were using - I would never get them all where they were doing me any good!

And now, after these pullbacks, and Camp Howe, I am going to dig out my huge diffusion panel and actually start using it!!

thanks!

Barbara_Adelman
06-22-2008, 03:34 AM
Haven't had much of a chance this week to mess with the files from class, but I was great, and at Jeff's encouragement I did get out the very next day and play/practice a little before doing more during the paying sessions this week (even if it was only dragging my girls out- those of you with kids know how easy it is to photograph your own:confused: )

Here's a few! - Thanks to everyone (especially Jackie and Jeff) for making is a really productive class(lots of things clicked into place!)

(Here we go - 1st time posting photos here, so if I screw up, forgive me!)

A few model shots

Barbara_Adelman
06-22-2008, 03:36 AM
A couple of my girlies! - the blond is "mini me" and is starting to experiment with photo editing for me (Mom's looking at free labor!) -

And the tight cropping is because on any given day my girls dress themselves like urchins (hey - they're kids!)

Barbara_Adelman
06-22-2008, 03:39 AM
Last set is quick out takes - one of the park set and Wayne and John acting like children on the top of a wall.

JohnHeckler
06-22-2008, 04:16 AM
Nice Barbara!

BTW, you can post larger images to this forum if you host them on your website and link to them here.

Where is that avatar I know you have?!?! ;-P

John_Metcalfe
06-22-2008, 10:42 AM
Fun in the sun!

Here's Jeff leading the troops... Follow me I know where I'm going!

John_Metcalfe
06-22-2008, 11:06 AM
Here's some faces from the outside looking in...

John_Metcalfe
06-22-2008, 11:10 AM
I don't know what Jeff was telling them, but it was really important...

John_Metcalfe
06-22-2008, 11:13 AM
Jeff lost his tripod, so he used the closest thing he could find... Angela!

John_Metcalfe
06-22-2008, 11:28 AM
Kelly was gracious enough to pose for my class assignment. She made it easy on me... She did all the work, I just pressed the button.

StaceyDamon
06-22-2008, 01:17 PM
Great images everyone...thanks for sharing!!
Jeff does such a great job with the class, things can't help but click! Nice stuff!!!

John_Metcalfe
06-22-2008, 05:19 PM
Last week Jeff asked us to visualize all light coming in as windows...
That was the inspiration for this image from yesterday's wedding.

Angela_Lawson
06-26-2008, 08:46 PM
John - Love the picture, and the little girl is adorable. Where exactly is she?

Hey Jeff - If you sent the photo for my avatar, it was lost in oblivion, as my email has been down for a week, and wasn't working properly even before that. So please send it to this email address - aglphoto@live.com It's my temp box while we move and re-structure my web-site and email. Thanks!

Angela

Jeff_Dachowski
06-27-2008, 08:49 PM
Hi Everyone!
I have not sent out anyones avatars yet. I will do it as soon as possible! Sorry!

Jeff

Liz_Vance
06-27-2008, 09:17 PM
I don't know what Jeff was telling them, but it was really important...

He was saying, "Everyone who wants to go to a karaoke bar and drink beer, stand on the left. Margaritas and salsa dancing, on the left!"

(I would have been on the left. <sigh>)

Angela_Lawson
06-27-2008, 09:25 PM
Which left, Liz?!!:D ;)

Liz_Vance
06-27-2008, 11:26 PM
Ack! Clearly, ONE of those should have been "right". hahahaa

-e

Barbara_Adelman
06-28-2008, 05:44 AM
But if all that is on the left, I want to be on the left too-

Angela should we take our car full with us?!!

Angela_Lawson
06-30-2008, 03:40 PM
But if all that is on the left, I want to be on the left too-

Angela should we take our car full with us?!!

You bet - We'll have a blast!!:)

Oh, and sorry Liz, I just couldn't resist.:D

Angela

dawnbergeron
07-13-2008, 08:26 PM
I had posted these on Pro4um but realized that most of you communicate here. So, here a few of my images from the day - a little late. Fun and worth it all. Great class Jeff!

dawnbergeron
07-13-2008, 08:27 PM
Jeff - I still need to buy some things. I'm working on saving!

Liz_Vance
07-13-2008, 08:28 PM
Dawn, I really like the 2nd one (blue background). Very nice!

dawnbergeron
07-13-2008, 08:30 PM
Ok, another one I liked ... :-)

http://www.jthphotography.com/host-images/JeffD/12.jpg

John - great, great image. Love your take on this. I also love your D3 - I so want that camera - or the new D700 - I need to save!

Jeff_Dachowski
07-16-2008, 03:41 PM
I had posted these on Pro4um but realized that most of you communicate here. So, here a few of my images from the day - a little late. Fun and worth it all. Great class Jeff!

Dawn,
So glad you had a great time. It was cool to connect again. I really like the images you made here. My only cc would be that it looks like your portraiture setting is a touch high. The skin looks just a bit too smooth. It could be the small file as well. So sorry you missed the avatar party we had afterwards!!! Hope to see you in AZ.
Jeff

dawnbergeron
07-17-2008, 08:51 PM
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the CC - I need it. But do you think my softening looks a lot diff/off from John's? Just curious? I like how his looks too on the blue one especially - and I liked my blue one. Do you see a big diff. in skin softening? Just wondering if my screen is off or what. Trying to understand:) Thanks again!

Dawn