PDA

View Full Version : Categories of Business for CPP Application

MarilynDillon
03-31-2008, 03:29 PM
I am filling out my CPP application and calculating the percentage for wedding vs. portrait, etc.... One of the things I do is sell some fine art pieces via shows, shops and galleries. It is a small percentage (like 3%). Do I include photos that I have sold? What category would I put that under?

The categories are
Advertising/Commercial
Corporate/Industrial
Portrait
Wedding
Videography
Sports/Events

Thanks.

John_Vanek
04-01-2008, 12:27 AM
Marilyn,

With it being such a small percentage I would not bother including it unless you need the pieces to make the minimum number of "paid, professional" assignments.

If you want to you them, I would put them as commercial if they don't include people, portrait if they do.

If you need to include this type of image, I would try to use images that show some craft; for instance, if it is a nature scenic, I would look for an image that shows control of lighting (like a ND filter to bring the sky into the same range as the ground, etc.)

I submitted a couple of commercial images with my CPP application, but it was product photography so it was clearly "commercial".

I would just try to avoid using images that look like they were taken with a point and shoot in a pretty field, if you know what I mean.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

John

MarilynDillon
04-01-2008, 01:38 AM
Thanks John - My collection of images for the CPP review is a "work in progress". If you want to take a peek, I would love your feedback.

http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii318/MarilynXD/Possible%20CPP%20Images/

John_Vanek
04-03-2008, 04:33 PM
Marilyn,

You should have received a private message from me.

John