http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d153/Rebel-E/InHisgrip2.jpg

Art_Wright
03-26-2008, 10:54 PM
Not even D. craig... ? :)

D._Craig_Flory
03-26-2008, 11:17 PM
Hi Art;

Sorry, I was making myself supper. :o

I like the image and think some great titles could be thought of. (like ... "It's so Busy Out of the Womb". I would suggest making the accent line as thin as possible and tone it down so it doesn't draw as much attention. "In His Grip" is ok but I think sounds a bit too hard and tough for an infant girl. I hope a bunch of good title ideas get posted.

Jacob_Chinn
03-26-2008, 11:38 PM
I agree with D. Craig. I clickd the post expecting a shot of a knife or sword or something. How about "A hand to hold".

By the way I like the shot a lot. Her neck does seem bent maybe just a tad too much.

Noelle_Zaleski
03-27-2008, 12:37 AM
beautiful image, i agree the itle needs to be softer.

Art_Wright
03-27-2008, 02:28 AM
I was thinking of the Christian saying : "In His grip". Which the parents LOVE, BTW...

andiegoodman
03-27-2008, 02:36 AM
"Her future is in his hands" , "Now he's got his hands full"

Give me some time, I might come up with more - besides, he is NOT gripping her...so why not just "In his hands"?

Debra_Warner
03-27-2008, 02:52 AM
Art,

I'm a big fan of your work... but I have to be honest... those eyes are freaking me out. They look pure black on my lap top and with the catch lights.... wow..

I say that with love cause I really do like your work! :D

Debi

Art_Wright
03-27-2008, 02:58 AM
Audrey had ZERO color in her eyes. I'm posting the original, untouched version to verify that. That's all that is holding me back from entering this in competition. And thanks, Debra, for the ernest feeling in your appraisal... ;)

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d153/Rebel-E/_X9L6914.jpg

MarilynDillon
03-27-2008, 03:10 AM
What a sweet baby - and so alert for 5 days old! The eyes don't bother me much -- i would just make sure, in the final, that you can differentiate between the pupil and the iris with some dodging as necessary. In the original I see just a touch of texture and form in the sleeve on the arm holding
the baby -- in the black and white version there appears to be some solid black which leaves me feeling like the hand is floating.
Take what I say with a grain of salt -- entering my first state comp next Month so I don't have any experience.
Love the image.

MarilynDillon
03-27-2008, 03:12 AM
I am thinking of title ideas -- the one that came to me first was
"And I Will Raise You Up" - it is from a beautiful song, maybe you have heard it. I think it is called "On Eagles Wings" -- frequently sung in Church.

Art_Wright
03-27-2008, 03:13 AM
Thanks, Marilyn; I'm entering my first state comp this year too... There is some serious Portraiture involved in the B&W, as Audrey has some mottling in her brand new skin tone...

Debra_Warner
03-27-2008, 03:16 AM
How about "just hanging out"? You know... cause she's just hanging there... ;)

Art_Wright
03-27-2008, 03:33 AM
Debra, here's the last one of the day, where she really is hanging out! Notice the fear in her eyes? Good thing Mom was just out of picture, ready to catch her...

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d153/Rebel-E/_X9L6918.jpg