PDA

View Full Version : Interest in Intro to InDesign and Press-Ready Marketing Pieces?

Stephanie_Millner
03-26-2008, 12:01 AM
So, I've been thinking... I should really get more involved. (I mean aside from the forum.) I've been toying with the idea of teaching a Super Monday class that would benefit some people. Would anyone have interest in attending a Super Monday on Intro to InDesign and Press-Ready Marketing Pieces?

It would cover basic usage of InD.: how to set up bleeds and registration, correctly importing CMYK files, and how to package and embed fonts. Basically everything you would need to GUARANTEE your job wouldn't be "screwed up by the printers."

Sound interesting? Just trying to get a feel for interest or if I should not do it at all.

Mark_Levesque
03-26-2008, 12:42 AM
Do it. (and enough extra characters to actually get posted.)

Jeff_Dachowski
03-26-2008, 01:40 AM
Stephanie,
How about you come up here and do it!!!!

Jeff

Stephanie_Millner
03-26-2008, 04:13 AM
Hmm... Jeff... is that an invitation?

Zack_Davis
03-26-2008, 04:26 AM
No the invitation is to come to California where we don't get to have any fun unless we want to travel for it! :D :p

Jeff_Dachowski
03-26-2008, 12:36 PM
Stephanie,
Yes! I would be happy to host a Super Monday for you. Would you like to do it in October? I know you would get a good response. Once you have one of these under your belt, it would be pretty easy for you to offer them around your area as well.

Jeff

D._Craig_Flory
03-26-2008, 01:40 PM
Hi Stephanie;

I think that's a great idea. Have you ever taught a class ? If not, before you commit to an 8 hour class, you may want to start out teaching like I did. My first class on Photoshop was a 1½ hour early bird program at our state photography association.

Jeff_Dachowski
03-27-2008, 03:32 PM
Hi Stephanie;

I think that's a great idea. Have you ever taught a class ? If not, before you commit to an 8 hour class, you may want to start out teaching like I did. My first class on Photoshop was a 1½ hour early bird program at our state photography association.

Craig,
I think you are right when it comes to a lot of people. But we are talking about Stepharoo here. This girl knows here business, and when I say knows, I don't mean familiar, she knows her business. When I show her stuff, she tells me about 20 things I did wrong, and how I can save some time to make them right. Stephakooko please come up to do a program????
Jeff

Liz_Vance
03-27-2008, 03:36 PM
I am SO calling her Stephakooko from now on!

(And assuming your class wasn't on my anniversary, I'd do a NH roadtrip then!)

Stephanie_Millner
03-27-2008, 03:45 PM
Thank you Jeff. I'd love to. Craig has a point though - public speaking isn't my forté. That said, yeah - I know printing all too well. Lost fingerprints on the tips of my fingers from plate developer. :)

I did, however, teach off-set to CSUMB as a guest speaker. And then also to the professor of the class... who was frighteningly uninformed and passing on that mis-info to her students...

And Liz, of course you're coming. You have the van.

Liz_Vance
03-27-2008, 03:46 PM
Suuuure, blame the PLATE DEVELOPER. Missing fingerprints. Operates under SEVERAL different names. Moves every 2 years. Wants someone to drive her across state lines. Someone's on the lam here.

Stephanie_Millner
03-27-2008, 03:48 PM
Hahaha! And yet, you always want me to babysit...

Liz_Vance
03-27-2008, 03:51 PM
Well, I just assume that, given my family's history, at some point there will be local police involved and you might teach them some handy skills. Printing - oh, man, I know why you're on the run! You are the go-to gal for fake documents! No wonder you're so good!

-e

dana_nordlund
03-30-2008, 02:56 AM
I think that the southwest corner of NY State is the perfect place for Thelma and Louise to practice (Liz and STEFF or STEFF and Liz) :D

Nylora_Bruleigh
03-30-2008, 02:05 PM
I would absolutely attend your class Steff!
Please come to nh!!!!:D