PDA

View Full Version : First time entering got an 80

Roger_Williams
03-20-2008, 04:59 PM
I would like to thank D. Craig, Keith and Holly and all the others that offered suggestions on two of my prints I posted here. First time entering and I got an 80 and what I think is a respectable 78. I sat in on some of the judging at MARC (Illinois and Indiana's regional conference) and the judging appeared to be a lot more critical this year as 80% of the prints I watched were challenged and discussed. As a first timer, I find the competition very, very intimidating but thanks to the help here, I got through it.

Many have said that entering competition will make you a better photographer and I believe it. I look at everything differently now.

Thanks again all.:)

D._Craig_Flory
03-20-2008, 05:07 PM
Hi Roger;

I'm very happy for you ! I am sure much more credit is due Keith, and Holly, but if I helped in some way ... you are welcome.

Now that the competition bug has bitten you, I recommend a hard drive folder "Possible Competition Files". When you create an image you think might work save a copy there.

David_Piet
03-20-2008, 05:10 PM
Congratulations Roger! As a new member of PPA, my goal is to enter competition next year. The people on this forum are great and I look forward to posting some potential prints on here for comments/suggestions.

Heather_L._Smith
03-20-2008, 05:10 PM
Roger - I'm sure you've posted the images before, but we'd all love to see them if you're willing to repost!

Jackie_Haggerty
03-20-2008, 05:16 PM
Hi Roger!

Congratulations! As Heather said, please share again! I hope that your other images were talked about- it is so great in the learning process to hear what judges 'see'. I seem to fall into the other 20% that don't get talked about! LOL

Noelle_Zaleski
03-20-2008, 05:19 PM
Congrats!! Can we see the images please.

Cheri_MacCallum
03-20-2008, 05:34 PM
Congratulations Roger!