PDA

View Full Version : Lighting for Inspiration

Michael_Barton
03-20-2008, 03:22 PM
Hi all! It's been a crazy week at the MARC convention in Illinois and after a little sleep it's time to get ready for a another great Super Monday class. This time around it appears I'm playing the part of the sidekick! We're holding a class at my studio outside of Chicago entitled "Possible Worlds". I have the pleasure of giving this class along side MARC Photographer of the Year John Metcalfe. (Kind of makes my Top 10 look a little silly!).

This will be a day devoted to lighting, lighting, and more lighting. We are going to show contemporary techniques, alternative methods, and some old stand-bys that will be great to gear you up for great images, better results, and well, more money! Check out the PPA website to register. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact: info@indigophotographic.com.

See you there!

John_Metcalfe
03-21-2008, 04:04 PM
Don't let him fool you. He'll have plenty to say! This Super Monday will be very interesting to say the least. Two very different points of view to reach the same conclusion. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid or better yet Jack Sparrow & Will Turner come to mind!

dana_nordlund
03-25-2008, 06:33 PM
Wish I could make that one, MARC Photographer of the Year . . . very cool. Who's that other guy?

Oh wait, I'm doing a SuperMonday myself so I'll have to see you chuckleheads some other time :D

Long live Skull 'n Crossbones baby :cool:

John_Metcalfe
03-26-2008, 02:19 PM
Good luck in NY.

dana_nordlund
03-26-2008, 02:49 PM
Thanks John,

I'll really be prepping the masses for your arrival in July :cool:

John_Metcalfe
03-26-2008, 07:17 PM
Go ahead and tell them what they'll win Dana!

Michael_Barton
03-26-2008, 07:35 PM
Notice that no one else is posting here? It's kind of like standing in the corner at a party. . .

Dana is "So money". Ha! See if anyone knows that reference.

Stephanie_Millner
03-26-2008, 09:49 PM
"Swingers"

Michael_Barton
03-26-2008, 10:23 PM
HA!!!!!! Right on!!!

dana_nordlund
03-26-2008, 11:56 PM
"Go ahead and tell them what they'll win Dana!"

Well John, just for showing up, they will win an adventure of a life time, as well as a life time supply of Charmin TP, so soft you'll be glad you did :D

Ok, they will REALLY win a day with the MARC Photog of the Year, that my friends is worth the price of admission, and just what is that price of admission? 0 dollars, but still worth every penny :cool:

John_Metcalfe
03-28-2008, 12:29 AM
"Swingers"

Are you kidding...
I put the GERRRRRRRRRRR in swinger baby YAH!!!!

Michael_Barton
03-28-2008, 12:40 AM
We're having donuts.

Barbara_Adelman
03-29-2008, 11:26 PM
I seem to see a repeated marketing plan on several venues -

I guess it does take at least seven exposures to one champaign for a buyer to purchase. Keep plugging away guys

dana_nordlund
03-30-2008, 01:54 AM
Barbarella,

We all know that MB is the king of shameless plugging, Johnny and I just try to keep afloat in his presence :D

Barbara_Adelman
03-30-2008, 01:57 AM
And what kind of creek would you all be floating in???
:o

How's your Super Monday - Looking??

Jackie_Haggerty
03-30-2008, 02:20 AM
Barb-

Hi neighbor!

Have you officially introduced yourself yet? :)

dana_nordlund
03-30-2008, 02:59 AM
"How's your Super Monday - Looking??"

Reeeeal fine, oh you said SuperMonday . . . that's looking real good too:cool:

Jackie_Haggerty
03-30-2008, 04:14 AM
For some reason I am visualizing a lot of bowling shirts around here. :D

Barbara_Adelman
03-30-2008, 09:54 PM
Hey there Bloomington neighbor - Thanks for drawing attention to my lurking.(JK)

I guess I haven't had a formal introduction. I did an intro back about a year ago when I first joined, but haven't been on much since around that time - I told Wayne I wasn't a forum junkie and don't know that I want to be. And of course I've had the pleasure of meeting they guys on this thread. (did I say pleasure?)

Stephanie_Cunningham
03-30-2008, 10:03 PM
We're having donuts.
Sure Michael, rub it in....... :p

dana_nordlund
03-30-2008, 11:06 PM
Don't worry Steph,

We will have something waaaaay better :cool:

Stephanie_Cunningham
03-31-2008, 12:13 AM
Better than donuts??
Oh yeah...SPAM!!!!! LOL

Michael_Barton
03-31-2008, 03:03 AM
We have to offer gimmicks like donuts because the fact is that none of us are Dana! That's all you need. Anyone within 3 hours should be running to Dana's Super Monday class. $99? Fill the joint up and take it all in.

Stephanie_Cunningham
03-31-2008, 12:12 PM
We have to offer gimmicks like donuts because the fact is that none of us are Dana! That's all you need. Anyone within 3 hours should be running to Dana's Super Monday class. $99? Fill the joint up and take it all in.

That is so nice of you to say Michael.
I'm really looking forward to his class!!! This week is going to go by so slow!!!!
Steph

Brian_Dunn
04-01-2008, 03:01 PM
We visited Michael's studio for several Super Mondays so far, but this time we're heading to Michigan to see what they have to say about running the business out of our home. We're setting up a gallery and shooting area right now.

It's a real bummer when someone comes to interview and you have nothing much on the walls. We're getting a rail and cable system so the frames can be moved around whenever we choose, without drilling holes all the time.

Brian