PDA

View Full Version : Got Milk

Sandra_Pearce
03-20-2008, 04:12 AM
Need your thoughts on this one. She is such a poser. Her name is Rain.

Sandra

Keith_A_Howe
03-20-2008, 04:23 AM
Sandra
She is cute! Did you capture it in raw? On this monitor it looks blown out in the highlights and a bit muddy in the skintones. I wish her eyes were a bit more upcast, I feel she is looking down alittle. The lighting is still somewhat flat as well. I do not see this embarrasing you but I do not see it as a merit either.
JMO Keith

Sandra_Pearce
03-20-2008, 04:49 AM
Keith,

I'm not embarrassed. I put it on for help. Remember I am a painter and still working to be a good photographer. I did blow her out some for a high key look. Guess it didn't work. I have had it in a file for awhile and ran across it. Back to the scratch pad. Thanks for checking her out. I do want the truth with any image I post.

Sandra

Lori_Clapp
03-20-2008, 01:32 PM
Sandra, I think Keith is gone for a few days (maybe not though), so I just wanted to say that I know he didn't mean you might be emberassed by posting it. (I only know this because Holly has talked to me about it). It's kind of a figure of speech with them - I think it kinda means "close, but no cigar" - does that make sense? I'm messing up this explanation - and I probably should keep my mouth shut since its not my post. But from your reply, I thought maybe you took it wrong. Holly always tells me when I ask for critique - you won't be emberassed - meaning it's a great print, the judges aren't going to laugh at you for entering it - but it probably won't merit.

Does that make any sense??? If not, just ignore me

Linda_Gregory
03-20-2008, 01:57 PM
I think it's time for me to go to bed. I hear Lori's explanation in her voice yet hear Holly say what Lori SAID she'd say.

Sandra, Lori explained it well.

Personally, as a mother, I'd LOVE it. My daughter was a milk-aholic until college. She'd be seen out with her friends at McD's, them with their sodas, her with her milk.

Lori_Clapp
03-20-2008, 02:01 PM
Thanks Linda - time to go to bed?? Isn't it time to get up?

Sandra, I thought about this some more - maybe this will help - it's kind of like a grading scale....being emberassed (I really cannot spell that word right!) is at the bottom, and meriting at the top. So really, what Keith was saying is that you definately aren't at the bottom of the scale, but probably not at the top either. Does that help?

Why does this thing have spell checker to tell you when you spell something wrong, but it doesn't tell you how to spell it right? I guess on this forum it's not called spell checker, but Levesque-er! Lol

Linda_Gregory
03-20-2008, 02:06 PM
Why does this thing have spell checker to tell you when you spell something wrong, but it doesn't tell you how to spell it right? I guess on this forum it's not called spell checker, but Levesque-er! Lol

Spewing coffee! Lori, right click on the offending word and solutions will appear.

Sandra_Pearce
03-20-2008, 02:06 PM
Thank you Lori and Linda,

You both should have gone to bed, I did. I did read it wrong to begin with, but it didn't hurt my feelings anyway. I re-read it after my post. I know that Keith loves to help. Sometimes when we post, typed words just don't have the feel to them as when we speak them. I've read post that sound a little edgy but aren't meant to.

Sandra

Heather_L._Smith
03-20-2008, 02:23 PM
I think it's time for me to go to bed. I hear Lori's explanation in her voice yet hear Holly say what Lori SAID she'd say.

Okay, Linda, I just HAD to laugh at this... because I did the EXACT same thing.

Heather_L._Smith
03-20-2008, 02:24 PM
Spewing coffee!

Okay, yeah... I did this too. Except it was Diet Coke.

Levesque-er. FUNNY!!

Mark_Levesque
03-20-2008, 03:55 PM
:p

It's my one trick. :D

D._Craig_Flory
03-20-2008, 04:02 PM
Hi Sandra;

Could you please post how the original raw file looked ? I'd like to see how much detail there was as well as contrast and how the lighting pattern was. Looking at your painting, I don't know how much was lost in painting it. Thanks