PDA

View Full Version : SEPPA Images

Sandra_Pearce
03-19-2008, 03:42 AM
Waited on my case to arrive just to check the scores for sure. I am thrilled.

After The Rain 87

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh165/sandrapearce/AftertheRain.jpg

Sandra_Pearce
03-19-2008, 03:43 AM
African Princess 90
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh165/sandrapearce/AftricanPrincess.jpg

Sandra_Pearce
03-19-2008, 03:44 AM
Under Their Spell 88
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh165/sandrapearce/UnderTheirSpell.jpg

Sandra_Pearce
03-19-2008, 03:45 AM
End of the Day 78
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh165/sandrapearce/EndoftheDay.jpg

Sandra_Pearce
03-19-2008, 03:51 AM
I entered four in Open Photography my scores were two 76's, 77 & 78. I guess I paint better than I photograph.

Braided Beauty - 77
Little Miss Peep - 76

Don_Chick
03-19-2008, 03:53 AM
Congratulations on those scores!

Very nice images. Thank you for sharing with us.

Sandra_Pearce
03-19-2008, 03:54 AM
Lady in Waiting - 76
Make Me! - 78

Art_Wright
03-19-2008, 04:03 AM
Well, since I don't think Painter images are "photographs" should I re-think things and take a Painter class? The final images, while gorgeous in your case (no pun intended), bear the same resemblance to photographs that I resemble Paul McCartney....

Zack_Davis
03-19-2008, 04:37 AM
I totally disagree with you Art, painter is merely an effect and enhancement just as with anything in photoshop. Not to mention that her painter skills her are simply awesome (wanna come teach me Sandara, I have candy! :D).

IMO painter cannot add or remove from the image anymore then photoshop and filters can. YMMV

Betsy_Finn
03-19-2008, 04:50 AM
lovely work! I think the pieces are gorgeous. :D (doesn't mean the open photography. aren't! I promise! I'm jsut drawn to the surreal quality of the first case of prints).

Enhancements in Painter definitely are valid tools. In this case, it was used to achieve the ethereal quality that draws me to those prints.

Cheri_MacCallum
03-19-2008, 04:58 AM
Congratulations Sandra, I remember some of these from the FL judging!!!

Lori_Clapp
03-19-2008, 05:01 AM
Sandra, those are awesome! I totally love them!!!! Were they done in Painter or in Photoshop? Or both? Do you give classes???

StaceyDamon
03-19-2008, 11:41 AM
Congratulations Sandy!!!! I am soo happy for you!!!
The images are gorgeous!

Cassandra_Sullivan
03-19-2008, 11:42 AM
Congratulations, Sandra I love your painted images - they're magical!
I absolutely adore the "Little Miss Peep" image - I'm perplexed at the score on that one.

Noelle_Zaleski
03-19-2008, 11:42 AM
Sandra!! Stunning!! You are EXTREMELY talented!! Congrats

I can hardly do paint by numbers well:mad:

Did you enter the ones that scored well in EI category?

Mark_Levesque
03-19-2008, 11:44 AM
I agree with Cassandra. I don't understand the scores on your photographs, especially Little Miss Peep.

Noelle_Zaleski
03-19-2008, 11:48 AM
I entered four in Open Photography my scores were two 76's, 77 & 78. I guess I paint better than I photograph.

Braided Beauty - 77
Little Miss Peep - 76

I am very curious as to why these two did not do as well. Actually, I am confused. Can you explain Sandra? I think they are both gorgeous very well done portraits.

Andrea_Chapelo
03-19-2008, 01:26 PM
Sandra, these are outstanding! Way to go. thanks for sharing them with us.

Jeff_Dachowski
03-19-2008, 02:00 PM
Sandra,
Congratulations!

I agree with the others. I loved little miss peep!!!!
Jeff

Heather_L._Smith
03-19-2008, 02:12 PM
Awesome job, Sandra! Congratulations!! That's got to feel pretty darn good!

I must admit, I'm surprised at the scores on the PO images - I would love to know if there were any comments by the judges on any of those.

Sandra_Pearce
03-19-2008, 02:40 PM
Art,
I tend to add painterly effects to all my images. I don't know why PPA allows art work in PO but that is their rule and it doesn't bother me. I don't know what you look like but if you would like I can make you look like Paul McCartney.

Don,
Thanks, the scores made tears come to my eyes (for real). I am so wrapped up in my paintings. They are a part of me.

Zack,
I will teach you to paint if you will throw some My Space knowlege my way. I love M&M's the best.

Betsy,
Thank you. I paint in such detail even in water color. I even do this with conventional paints. Many instructors have tried to get me to smear but it is not in my heart. I am a realistic artist.

Lori,
I have been asked to do a program at my guild in June on image painting. It will be Paintings in Photoshop because everyone has PS. You don't have to have painter to make an art piece. I love to take lots of different pieces and
make what we all dream of after we do the session and forgot to add something. I use PS & Painter. Most of it is done in PS. I mainly do blending in Painter. PS doesn't have a good blending method other that the smudge tool. I have taught traditional painting and now hope to teach Photographers how to make their own paintings.

Cheri,
Thank you, After the Rain did score 99 and was People Choice at State and End of the Day got Best of Show. I guess the judges didn't like it. Different taste. Congratulations of your 4 for 4. Maybe next year I will get that other one.

Noelle,
The 3 merit prints and the other large one was entered in EI. I feel that is where they belong because all of it is EI. African Princess was for retouching, could have gone in either. The others were EI. I can't tell you why that is in the judges hands and they were not won over.

Cassandra, Mark & Jeff,
I really loved Peeps too, but I guess they saw things wrong. I still love it.
You can't please everyone so I am true to myself with what I love.

Thanks to everyone for liking my work. I am very critical of what I do and can find things to do until I send them to be printed. That is why I love competition if validates me as an artist.

Long Post but I wanted to answer all of you.

Sandra

DiannaAllen
03-19-2008, 03:39 PM
Sandra this is all stunning work. Congratulations!!!!
Just curious how long does it take to create
one like the fairy one with fairies at the tree?

Stan_Lawrence
03-19-2008, 03:48 PM
"since I don't think Painter images are "photographs" should I re-think things and take a Painter class?"

They aren't, they are fine art....I'm not sure how the categories work now, I know Sandra's work is awesome....doesn't really matter what you call it, it is really beautiful......:cool:

Sandra_Pearce
03-19-2008, 04:30 PM
Dianna,

It is hard to know how much time I have in a painting. I have to work my painting into my real work (photography). It also depends on how many things are in the painting. The Fairys had nine girls in it and each one had to be painted. This one took lots of time to do. I just paint a couple of hours and move on to work. I really need to time myself on one. I never do it all at one time. I am sure I haven't answered your question but there are lots of factors involved. I always keep a painting in a file to work on when I need a fun thing to do. I will show you a before and after and this one took me about twelve hours.

Sandra

DiannaAllen
03-20-2008, 05:10 AM
Thanks Sandra... you do beautiful work!

Linda_Gregory
03-20-2008, 08:07 AM
Astoundingly beautiful. I've seen painter images before but these are really wonderful! You have an imagination meant for what you do.