PDA

View Full Version : Camp Howe

Keith_A_Howe
03-17-2008, 09:59 PM
Here is the brocure for Camp Howe. We are approved for continuing education and campers will recieve a merit for attending. We are limiting to 10 campers and it's first come first served.

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p308/imager410/CampHoweBrochurecover.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p308/imager410/CHbrochure.jpg

Andrea_Chapelo
03-17-2008, 10:11 PM
I wanna come!!! Man this is sooo tempting.

Keith_A_Howe
03-17-2008, 10:52 PM
I wanna come!!! Man this is sooo tempting.

Want me to tempt you more? this is where we have our bonfire and marshmallow roast.

http://www.lakemcconaughy.com/

Keith

DianeDavis
03-17-2008, 11:11 PM
My Gosh!!!

All that for one low price. Whooppeee.

And no swimming :). I'm so excited!!

Where can I download the registration brochure??

Keith_A_Howe
03-17-2008, 11:54 PM
Diane, You should be able to copy it from here. It works for me but if you can't, let me know and I'll email it to you.

Keith

DianeDavis
03-18-2008, 12:01 AM
Diane, You should be able to copy it from here. It works for me but if you can't, let me know and I'll email it to you.

Keith

Oh, you want me to do some thinkin'- Man oh Man. :D

'k- obviously I am not a computer savvy as I think I am. Please email me one.

Lori_Clapp
03-18-2008, 12:30 AM
Hey, do I get a discount since the water in that lake is Wyoming water? Hahahaha.

Okay, my check is in the mail. Literally. (for two spots)

Linda_Gregory
03-18-2008, 02:36 AM
Yee haw! Do we get lanyards or do we have to make them outta gum wrappers?

And if ANYONE should get a discount, it should be me for choreographing the handshake! Okay, Lori and another, Linda and another, room for six left.

DianeDavis
03-18-2008, 02:58 AM
Don't be givin' my space away!!

dawnbergeron
03-20-2008, 04:30 AM
Keith - Jackie told me that Holly was going to send me a brochure - will have to see! Sounds enticing!:)

Lori_Clapp
03-20-2008, 01:25 PM
Dawn, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go!!!! You have to, it would be so much fun to see you again, and we will learn so much! Think hard about it k?????

dawnbergeron
03-21-2008, 03:35 AM
Hey Lori - I would so LOVE to go and hang with you guys! Would be fun, fun, fun. I just need - money, money, money......::) I will think about it - actually the price sounds good. Just the kids are an issue........thinking though:)

Marc_Benjamin
03-22-2008, 10:38 AM
For some reason, I'm thinking tents would be cool!

Keith_A_Howe
03-22-2008, 04:46 PM
No tents- this is more like a day camp. Last year everyone stayed in hotels. But for you Marc, i would be glad to set up our old tent and rig up a garden hose as a shower.

Keith

Debra_Warner
03-22-2008, 08:27 PM
Keith,

How much are the hotels cause Debi is not sleeping in a tent unless it has a nice blow up bed!? I want to come out.. I get back from Texas school a week before your event, so I'm trying to figure out costs.

Thanks,
Debi

Keith_A_Howe
03-23-2008, 03:53 AM
Debra, you can get a clean safe room for $50 or less probably. You can get a nice room for $80-$100. I know some people have talked about sharing rooms also. I will send out a list of available hotels to everyone who registers. By the way it looks like our son is going to Coe so we will be in your neck of the woods at least a few times a year.

Keith

Rick_Massarini
03-23-2008, 08:01 AM
Tents are cool !!!
In June of last year I spent 13 days in a tent on the trail in NE New Mexico...
I got back home just in time to leave for the National judging in Daytona - the tent in New Mexico was so much cooler !!!!!!!

Linda_Gregory
03-23-2008, 02:05 PM
NO tent for Linda. Nu uh. Did the camping thing as a kid, my kids wanted to but I would only compromise with a pop up camper. No lumpy, bumpy, rainfilled, bug filled SNAKE filled, allergen filled ground for her.

I am bringing my roomie, though. I'm sure there are others looking for one and...if we could do the bathroom thingie with three of us, we could triple up just fine.

Debra_Warner
03-23-2008, 06:43 PM
Debra, you can get a clean safe room for $50 or less probably. You can get a nice room for $80-$100. I know some people have talked about sharing rooms also. I will send out a list of available hotels to everyone who registers. By the way it looks like our son is going to Coe so we will be in your neck of the woods at least a few times a year.

Keith

well.. Bob Hawkins spent an entire day here at my studio with me, so you will certainly have to stop and say hi! Do you know Bob?

OK, I think I'm in... I need to run it by the fiance'.

Debi

Keith_A_Howe
03-31-2008, 12:17 AM
Debra Bob's a real nice guy and he will share openly as well. I have known Bob for many years. We have even shared a suite while judging. If you get the chance stop by and visit his studio, he has a huge camera room!
Keith

Rick_Massarini
03-31-2008, 04:46 AM
Hey Keith,
Since you have a beach, any chance at some surfing photos??? - Dude! (insert west coast surfer accent here). Yeah, I know it's in Nebraska, but what the heck !!!

Keith_A_Howe
03-31-2008, 03:49 PM
Wakeboarding, jetsking, watersking, parasailing, sailboating, skinny dipping (just stuck that in to see if you were paying attention), kiteboarding, but no surfing. Sorry Rick! But if you can make it, I am sure we can keep you entertained.

Keith

Linda_Gregory
03-31-2008, 05:17 PM
And for the somewhat less adventurous, sand castle building and the old, burying the guy who sleeps!

Keith, time to share a shot from the sand pit!

Keith_A_Howe
04-23-2008, 07:04 PM
Just to update everyone, we only have 3 slots left as we are strictly limiting this to 10 people. That way it's more informal and hands on. I would hate to have to turn anyone away so let us know right away if you planning to attend.

Keith

Jeff_Dachowski
04-23-2008, 07:51 PM
FWIW,
this might actually be a selling point to some, but I cannot attend Camp Howe this year, and I really wanted to be able to do so.

I do want to endorse the Howes as really great educators, and all around super caring people. They have been so helpful and so giving with their time. If you are struggling with an aspect of your business, or your lighting this would be a great event to go to!!!!

Jeff

Lori_Clapp
04-24-2008, 12:17 AM
I want my money back. If Jeff isn't going - neither am I!

Just kidding Keith and Holly. I would travel a long way to see you guys - Jeff or not Jeff!! I can't wait!!

Linda_Gregory
04-24-2008, 01:29 AM
Wow. Who all's coming? I know Lori and her sister, I'm bringing Randi, that's four. Now, who are the others and is Keith gonna have a guy to hang out with or is it just us girls??

Keith_A_Howe
04-24-2008, 01:45 AM
Linda, yes I have one other guy, a man and his wife from Anchorage Alaska confirmed today. We also have two other woman that booked today, one from Texas and one from Nebraska. The count is currently at 8 so we have two spaces left.

Keith

Cassandra_Sullivan
04-24-2008, 12:07 PM
Keith are you planning on having this next year too? I'd love to go this year, but it's 2 weeks before my daughter's wedding. I'm afraid my stress levels might be too high to enjoy it. :eek:

D._Craig_Flory
04-24-2008, 01:43 PM
Keith are you planning on having this next year too? I'd love to go this year, but it's 2 weeks before my daughter's wedding. I'm afraid my stress levels might be too high to enjoy it. :eek:

Hi Cassandra;

So, you will soon have a new title you can post below your name on posts ... "Mother In Law". :p

Keith_A_Howe
04-24-2008, 02:13 PM
Keith are you planning on having this next year too?

Cassandra, we are taking this on a year by year basis. Last year we never thought we would do it again, but it went so well and we had so much fun, that we decided to go ahead. If it goes well this year and seems like people would enjoy it again, then we will consider a repeat. Your daughter will only have this day once and the time leading up to it is important to share with her. I wouldn't come either if I was you.

I know the June date is bad for some. In some places school is still going. Here, the kids will all have been out of school for at least two weeks, some schools even longer. If we go later in June we run into Nebraskaland days which increases our population to 100,000 - normally 25,000 - and makes hotel rooms impossible to find and/or expensive. After NEdays we are into July and too busy with seniors to do something like this.

Holly and I make our living from photography. We are not interested in making money teaching other photographers, so that's why the cost is so very low. We figured that by the time we cover the meals, the background supplies, the merits which are $25 per person to PPA, sodas etc throughout the three days, compensating the models, marshmallows for the bonfire and the highly coveted t-shirts, we will end up making about $10 a person. Not trying to toot my own horn here, but just point out you get a lot for your money. Heck, you probably can't even buy a one of a kind background for $250 and every camper will have one to take home at the end of camp.
Keith

Stephanie_Millner
04-24-2008, 03:21 PM
FWIW I would love to come, Keith. I'll be away in FL during those dates (we're taking a much needed vacation to Disney World - and no, we don't have any kids. why?) So if you were wondering why I was being mysteriously quiet, I'd love to make it - I just can't.

Keith_A_Howe
04-24-2008, 03:28 PM
Steff, If I remember correctly your husband is coming home soon from Afghanistan or Iraq or one of those places. I do not expect you to show your face anywhere for several months!

Keith

Stephanie_Millner
04-24-2008, 03:30 PM
Afghanistan. May 6th - but since he still doesn't have a plane ticket and his replacement is refusing to do any work although he's already over there... we'll see.

Dea_Bell
04-24-2008, 04:35 PM
I PMd ya! Hopefully I'll make the cut. ;)

Keith_A_Howe
04-24-2008, 04:51 PM
Got it Dea! Thrilled to have you.
Keith

Keith_A_Howe
05-01-2008, 01:17 AM
The couple coming from Alaska had to bow out. So we have two openings still if anyone is interested. I can almost guareentee you won't find a less expensive three day class anywhere. And if you do, there will be so many people attending, it won't be truly hands on. Think about it!
Keith

Jeff_Dachowski
06-04-2008, 06:14 PM
Wow,
This is coming up soon!!! I wish I could go!!!!

Jeff

Keith_A_Howe
06-04-2008, 06:49 PM
We are getting very excited for the start of Camp Howe. I hope all you campers have your underware labeled with your names. We will see you in a few days.

Keith

Lori_Clapp
06-10-2008, 05:11 AM
Camp Howe Rawks!! You should all be here - it's great. We are learning so much and having fun doing it! I will post some images later this week. We made backgrounds today - Linda Gregory has a knack for this! Dea Bell is VERY picky about her backgrounds. Holly has a cute little dance when she makes her backgrounds, and Keith is a great cleaner upper!!

You should all think about coming next year - it is definately worth it. Thanks Keith and Holly!!

More later....

DianeDavis
06-10-2008, 05:29 AM
Piktrs WE NEED Piktrss!

Don_Chick
06-10-2008, 05:30 AM
Lori, Isn't flag raising at like 6am? You had better get to sleep real soon.

I can just see Keith playing the trumpet to get you all up for breakfast!!!

Heather_L._Smith
06-10-2008, 01:10 PM
I'm so sad I can't be there!!!!! Sniff sniff. How many of you ruined clothes during the background making??

I wanna see what you guys did!!!!!! I'm so impatient. And jealous. Not a good combination.

Mark_Levesque
06-10-2008, 01:16 PM
Where's the class picture?

Angela_Lawson
06-10-2008, 03:30 PM
I'm with Heather. Wish I could have been there. You guys better get some pictures up before there's an angry :) mob on here.

Angela

Keith_A_Howe
06-11-2008, 04:27 AM
Well - you asked for a class picture
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p308/imager410/Camp08-153pbucket.jpg

We are all modeling our new backgrounds - toga style! Does this toga make me look fat?

Here's Holly saying "what about me?" I say "get your own groupies".

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p308/imager410/Camp08-158pbucket.jpg

Mark_Levesque
06-11-2008, 04:38 AM
Freaking hilarious. There are a couple people I don't know. Can we get some names to go with the faces? (hey, it worked the last time.) :D

Keith_A_Howe
06-11-2008, 04:41 AM
Back row L to R - Dea Bell, Vicki Parke ( Lori's sisiter) Randi Lipscomb from KS, Holly Howe, Lori Clapp, Linda Gregory. Front row me and Hollie Klimek from NE. We really were naked under those togas, it's a very casual seminar.

Keith

StaceyDamon
06-11-2008, 12:28 PM
ROTLFLMAO!!!! These shots are awesome!

Don_Chick
06-11-2008, 12:32 PM
We really were naked under those togas, it's a very casual seminar.
Keith

Please leave some of the details to our imagination! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Heather_L._Smith
06-11-2008, 01:03 PM
What a PERFECT way to start a Wednesday morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh.... I am laughing so hard I'm crying. That is so so so funny... and now I'm even more disappointed that I wasn't there!!!!

I love the green in Holly's toga... I have GOT to find out the formula for that one.... and I must know how Linda got such straight red lines in her toga.

Jeff_Dachowski
06-11-2008, 01:31 PM
First time........I got nothing.

Jeff

Cassandra_Sullivan
06-11-2008, 02:09 PM
That is hilarious! That shot is perfect. I so wish I was there....

Angela_Lawson
06-11-2008, 03:03 PM
First time........I got nothing.

Jeff

Wow - Jeff is speechless! That is so hilarious guys. Wish I was there too.

Angela

DianeDavis
06-11-2008, 03:12 PM
Nice camp picture, we would expect nothing less from that group!!

Another "wish I was there!"

D._Craig_Flory
06-11-2008, 03:15 PM
I can see an offshoot from this. Here is an ad from their new company:

Jackie_Haggerty
06-11-2008, 11:46 PM
That is hilarious! That shot is perfect. I so wish I was there....

Oh my gosh! I wish I could have been there too!!! That is great! What do the t-shirts look like this year- and where are the tattoos I heard about?

Dea_Bell
06-21-2008, 11:47 PM
So, where are all the pictures everyone took of the lovely models? I'd love to see what everyone came up with. (I remember some people saying they had taken hundreds....hrmmmmm.)

Lori_Clapp
06-22-2008, 12:16 AM
Hmmmm...I don't know Dea - we haven't seen ANY of the 10 photos you took at Camp Howe. Have you not been able to sort through them yet? Bahahaha.

I know, I've been meaning to get mine posted forever and haven't done it yet. I will try to post some tonight. Seeing the IL thread of Jeff's class has inspired me to post them!

And I will get you the one soon - sorry - didn't mean to ignore you!

Vicki is loving your pointy friend thread, btw!!

DianeDavis
06-22-2008, 12:27 AM
Lori-
I think Vicki is either a mythical creature that only appears to believers or your invisible friend--

Cause we keep hearing about but never see. :)

Dea_Bell
06-22-2008, 12:44 AM
Lori...I need Vicki to move down here and give me some boudoir material. Lord knows she has the posing and pouty sexy face down pat!!!!

And for your snotty information, I did NOT take 10 pictures. I took 7. Three of those were outtakes. haha.

Remember me with my non-zoom lens up in everyone's face? Hahaha. Good times...

http://www.ideallyyoursphotography.com/galleries/images/seniors/senior18.jpg

Dea_Bell
06-22-2008, 12:47 AM
Okay my other 2...

http://www.ideallyyoursphotography.com/galleries/images/seniors/senior19.jpg

http://www.ideallyyoursphotography.com/galleries/images/seniors/senior20.jpg

Dea_Bell
06-22-2008, 12:49 AM
Just so you know, I was chanting to myself to post those. "It's ok. It's ok. It's ok."

I have to go drink now...

Lori_Clapp
06-22-2008, 02:02 AM
Dea!!! Those look great! I love the one of Ellie (red hair)!!

Now, so everyone knows the story....Me and Vicki take Ellie into this huge empty room. Vicki is standing about halfway across the room from Ellie, telling her what she wants her to do. She gets her posed, puts the camera up to take the shot, and from out of nowhere, Dea is right up in Ellie's face, and I do mean right up - like a foot away from her - right smack in the middle of Vicki's shot. Dea turns and looks at Vicki, who is throwing a fit, and says, "what? I don't have a zoom lens". She turns back to the model and finishes her own private little photo shoot and then she leaves and tells Vicki to go ahead with what she was doing!

And that is the real Dea - not mean or scary, or shy or timid, or wicked. Just pretty much a whole lot of fun and laughs!! But don't tell her I told you - she works hard on that image she tries to portray!!

Lori_Clapp
06-22-2008, 02:05 AM
Oh, and Diane - we only WISH Vicki was imaginary! I'm sure anyone from Camp Howe will second that!

And she did actually get on the forum a couple days ago, but she said she was too lazy to register and she couldn't post, so she's pretty much done with the forum. Actually what she said was, "I think I know enough already, I wouldn't learn much from the forum" (she was joking), then she said, "well, maybe I should register - maybe I could teach those people a thing or two". You would have to know Vicki to know how funny that is. She's totally joking of course!

But yes, she's a real person. (and a real pain too, I might add)

Lori_Clapp
06-22-2008, 02:26 AM
I've only messed with a couple of my images so far - but here they are....

She is not a model - she is a photographer that Linda Gregory brought with her - thanks for sharing her Linda - we LOVE her!!
http://www.amomentintime2.com/public/12140978310783_IMG_1942lucis.jpg

He is not a model either, but he sure as heck could give Jeff a run for his money in a pose off!!
http://www.amomentintime2.com/public/12140978895805_IMG_1972.jpg

http://www.amomentintime2.com/public/12140979377969_IMG_2048.jpg

http://www.amomentintime2.com/public/12140979612204_IMG_2070bw.jpg

Lori_Clapp
06-22-2008, 02:28 AM
Couple more - I guess I played with more than I realized!

http://www.amomentintime2.com/public/12140980230689_IMG_2099.jpg

http://www.amomentintime2.com/public/12140980509839_IMG_2110.jpg

http://www.amomentintime2.com/public/12140980718324_IMG_2147.jpg

That's all for now. I will post the class photo when I get home from dinner!

Linda_Gregory
06-22-2008, 02:47 AM
Lori and Dea, these are GREAT! I need to get busy. wait, I HAVE been busy! Just not with Camp Howe images.

Yeah, Dea is a blast. Miss her. Okay, I miss everyone but I knew all of you before! Didn't know Dea!

Randi on the other hand....I was trying to describe her to Dea before Camp Howe and all I could think of was, if you don't like Randi, you're stupid.

I think it stands. She's got her own positive universe around her and it hurts when she leaves.

Dea_Bell
06-22-2008, 02:48 AM
Lori! Very nice!!!

OMG! The one of Randi with her camera is SO SO SO freakin' cool. She'll die when she sees it.

I love the look the model in the white t-shirtis giving you. Her pose and the lighting is awesome too!!!

Linda_Gregory
06-22-2008, 02:48 AM
And for your snotty information, I did NOT take 10 pictures. I took 7.

Whoa! When did you take the 7th?? I only knew of 6!!!!

Linda_Gregory
06-22-2008, 02:50 AM
Lori! Very nice!!!

OMG! The one of Randi with her camera is SO SO SO freakin' cool. She'll die when she sees it.

Well, I'm not sharing with her until she joins. She registered but hasn't gone through with the finalizing email. Encouragement, we must give her encouragement or incentive. heh

DianeDavis
06-22-2008, 02:59 AM
But yes, she's a real person. (and a real pain too, I might add)

I hope she joins--if she has the family sense of humor then we can all enjoy!!

Lori_Clapp
06-22-2008, 04:19 AM
I hope she joins--if she has the family sense of humor then we can all enjoy!!

Oh, she blows our sense of humor totally out of the water. She told me she wasn't going to join the forum though - said she just doesn't like them. I hope she does though - you guys would love her!

Thanks Dea - I told Brooke (the model) to look abandoned and forlorn in that image, lol!

JohnHeckler
06-22-2008, 04:45 AM
Very nice images peeps!

Lori_Clapp
06-22-2008, 05:44 AM
A few more...

http://www.amomentintime2.com/public/12141097629473_IMG_1780.jpg

http://www.amomentintime2.com/public/12141097993938_IMG_1795lotr.jpg

http://www.amomentintime2.com/public/12141098295635_IMG_2085.jpg

http://www.amomentintime2.com/public/12141098583332_IMG_2192.jpg

Lori_Clapp
06-22-2008, 05:48 AM
Class photo - not the good one - Keith has the good one on his camera. This was taken with a P&S.

http://www.amomentintime2.com/public/12141100167506_SANY0065.jpg

Chimpers!!!
http://www.amomentintime2.com/public/12141100549038_IMG_2148.jpg

Lori_Clapp
06-22-2008, 05:52 AM
Making backgrounds....

If you ever wondered why Holly's backgrounds turn out better than yours - here is the trick - you have to do a dance while making them...
http://www.amomentintime2.com/public/12141101858738_IMG_1840.jpg

http://www.amomentintime2.com/public/12141102162245_IMG_1841.jpg

The elusive but not imaginary Vicki - praying to the background Gods before she starts...
http://www.amomentintime2.com/public/12141102457300_IMG_1837.jpg

Ta Da.....
http://www.amomentintime2.com/public/12141103077981_IMG_1877.jpg
To see the better image of the finished products, please see the toga images earlier in this thread!

Dea_Bell
06-22-2008, 02:05 PM
Lori, I love love love the toe one.

Lori_Clapp
06-22-2008, 07:14 PM
Lori, I love love love the toe one.

Thanks Dea - I believe that is one of the images that you did not interrupt with your manual zoom. :D :D

Linda_Gregory
06-22-2008, 07:39 PM
Wow. Thought I'd lost them. Had to transfer them to a second drive on my laptop and since it's fairly new, I'd forgotten it was there and that I'd moved them. Okay, so now they're transferred to my desktop, after a wedding is edited, I'll tackle them. See what kind of ammo I have!