PDA

View Full Version : ready for the process to become certified

lynette_bradshaw
03-16-2008, 04:04 AM
Hi everyone

I ordered my 9th edition book to study for the certification test and when i was trying to get an understanding of the photos i need to submit, i see they are only reviewing photos in 2008 once a year. Does anyone know how i can find out what the deadline is for reviewing images? can someone tell me what do i need submit in regards to images???should they be retouched, what are they looking for exactly???

I am looking to take the test at the fall convention if they are giving it in texas then...i emailed the liasion bu i haven't gotten a response yet about the next test

Mark_Levesque
03-16-2008, 05:07 AM
They are only reviewing prints once a year. They are reviewing electronically submitted images more often, I think quarterly. The next submission deadline is May 9th, during which time they will be reviewing both prints and electronically submitted images.

KirkDarling
03-16-2008, 05:16 AM
They are only reviewing prints once a year. They are reviewing electronically submitted images more often, I think quarterly. The next submission deadline is May 9th, during which time they will be reviewing both prints and electronically submitted images.

WE ARE DIGITAL

YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

EOL

lynette_bradshaw
03-16-2008, 06:11 AM
thanks alot for the info..that helps a lot

Can you tell me what type of portraits are they wanted submitted?

KirkDarling
03-16-2008, 06:15 AM
thanks alot for the info..that helps a lot

Can you tell me what type of portraits are they wanted submitted?

Lynette,

You should submit a set of images that are proportionately representative of the type of work you do for clients. If your work is exclusively babies and children, you would submit only babies and children. If your work is fifty percent families and fifty percent seniors, you'd submit 50 percent family portraits and fifty percent senior portraits.

Edit and retouch the work the same way your would present them to a client (not the way you'd submit them for competition).

Tess_Teter
03-16-2008, 07:59 AM
Hi Lynette!

We have a study group that will meet once a month for the North Texas area that is led by a CPP photographer. We had our first little get-to-know-you meeting this week, but it's not too late to join. I can forward you the study guide they handed out this week. PM me if you'd like more information.

Best of luck!