PDA

View Full Version : Seppa Scores Are Up!

Liz_Vance
03-12-2008, 11:42 PM
I haven't looked at mine yet - just wanted everyone to know they were posted. Good luck everyone!

-e

Elizabeth_Pokela
03-13-2008, 12:03 AM
For the curious ones, I will try to post my images from SEPPA. This a test for image size.

Elizabeth_Pokela
03-13-2008, 12:10 AM
Here are the other 3. THe one above was titled Rhapsody In Blue, 76. The soccer one is titled Sweet Victory and received a 77. The boy titled Monday's Child scored 74 (totally expected since it's a snapshot of my son I touched up a bit as a case filler 'cause my husband wanted it for his office anyway. And the BW is titled Into The Wild, and scored 80, PPNC Court of Honor, a SEPPA gold corner and a PPA seal. Thanks for watching! By the next time I post, the images will b e BIG, I swear.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth_Pokela
03-13-2008, 12:11 AM
And the best for last.

Marc_Benjamin
03-13-2008, 01:22 AM
Just gone through the list and congrats to everyone.

BTW, just to add a little tidbit on the "consistency of judging" thing, check out Sharron Sheppard's "A Passage of Time." It's a truly amazing image which fetched 100 at Western States and now a 100 at SEPPA. Now, I might be wrong to think (cause I have not seen the one which was entered in SEPPA) that it's the same image but chances are I'm right cause I'm thinking that it was entered in the EI category.

Elizabeth_Pokela
03-13-2008, 01:27 AM
I was wondering how we can view it. I wish I had realized while the exhibit was up so I could look for it.

E

Michael_Barton
03-13-2008, 02:23 AM
Now for state! I've got print comp on Saturday. I put all my eggs in that basket. I'll take 2 seals for a first time entry at SEPPA. Congrats to all. I'll post my results from the MARC convention when I get them. Now to work on two more E.I. prints. I guess the crazy digital stuff works, and more importantly, the 2 prints that just got thrown in the case scored like I just threw them in the case! Kind of hard to complain with a 96 in the case. 2 months and counting.

Linda_Gregory
03-13-2008, 02:24 AM
Good grief!
I googled Seppa because I had no idea where to find the scores and the SECOND link to come up was Oh Baby photography's Blog!

Cool, Liz!

Marc_Benjamin
03-13-2008, 02:28 AM
I guess the crazy digital stuff works... You know, it's gonna get harder if even 1/4th of the good kids from Deviant Art starts joining EI!

Linda_Gregory
03-13-2008, 02:37 AM
I don't quite understand, just have a vague idea. Those that entered more than four, they must be EI? Can you enter up to four for that one, bringing your total entries up to 8? And for you w ho entered from out of the area, are all your sealed prints in EI only?

And congrats to Cheri! 4 for 4!

Cheri_MacCallum
03-13-2008, 02:43 AM
I don't quite understand, just have a vague idea. Those that entered more than four, they must be EI? Can you enter up to four for that one, bringing your total entries up to 8?

Yes, you can enter 4 per case. Ph. Open and EI

And congrats to Cheri! 4 for 4!

Thanks! I've done my happy dance!!!

Heather_L._Smith
03-13-2008, 04:04 AM
Congrats everyone! Next year we need to see a much larger contingent from ourppa at SEPPA (myself included)!

Liz_Vance
03-13-2008, 04:33 AM
Good grief!
I googled Seppa because I had no idea where to find the scores and the SECOND link to come up was Oh Baby photography's Blog!

Cool, Liz!

Get out! Seriously?? That's too funny!

Michael_Barton
03-13-2008, 01:21 PM
E.I. is kind of a fickle category. I've seen people go diamond and then not merit an image. It's so challenging to know what will work from year to year. Digital imaging is changing from year to year so rapidly. If you look at images that merited 5 years ago, you'll see techniques that junior high students are learning at lunchtime using free software! It's a drag that the only judging outside out nationals is at SEPPA as it's very difficult to see a live judging and hear the comments first hand. That makes it quite difficult to learn and understand what it takes to make a merit image in that category. I sit in on no fewer than 6 "open" print competitions a year and that is completely invaluble. Working on print crew is even better. I only hope that with the popularity of E.I. on the rise, we start to see more judging at other regionals.

Just, uh, keep those Deviant Arts people away!!!!!

Jeff_Dachowski
03-13-2008, 01:53 PM
MIchael,
since Seppa is the only regional for EI did you have to join one of those state associations to enter a case?
Jeff

D._Craig_Flory
03-13-2008, 01:58 PM
Hi Jeff;

Our regional, for Pa., is Mid-East. I have friends who enter the New York Regional, instead, because they like it better. They don't have to be members of New York to enter. But, they can't now go back and enter Mid-East. As far as I know you can switch but must stay with that switch once you make it.

Michael_Barton
03-13-2008, 02:00 PM
Hey Jeff! I think I owe you an e-mail. . . You do not have to join to enter an E.I. case as no one else offers the competition. You've got it right. It's the same entry fee as well. I don't believe that you are up for any awards that way. I do not believe so. Just seals. It's a great opportunity to "play the field" and see what works for nationals. I'm a member of APPI, so the MARC convention is in my home state. So, it's a great week for seals! Hopefully another 96. We'll see. Not entirely sometime to hold one's breathe over. . .