PDA

View Full Version : NM print comp

MarieLeslie
03-12-2008, 10:37 PM
We just had our state competition here in New Mexico this week. It was one of the best print judgings I've been to in a long while--not just because I did as well as ever, but at our print competition, we also follow it with a print critique where you can get specific feedback from the judges on your prints and why they scored the way they did and how you can improve.

Anyway, I merited with four out of five, which is a record for me--and my balloon print came away with a 95, which is definitely a record for me.

MarieLeslie
03-12-2008, 10:38 PM
ANd the other two merit prints.

Noelle_Zaleski
03-12-2008, 11:02 PM
AWESOME!!!!! Every time someone post's about comp I get pumped to do better. You are all an inspiration to me.:)

Don_Chick
03-12-2008, 11:12 PM
Congratulations Marie, well done! Thank you too for posting the images so we can see them.

I am curious to know the titles that you used for each....

Marc_Benjamin
03-12-2008, 11:17 PM
Very nice Marie! I think I saw the balloon one and I liked it already then on ProNet a whiles back!

MarieLeslie
03-13-2008, 12:39 AM
The print titles, in order, are:

Ascending to the Storm
Journey to Day's End
Reigning Monarch
Suede and Stone

You are right, Marc. It is one of the two balloon prints from pronet. I entered the other at Southwest and merited with that.

Jane_Lydick_Staid
03-13-2008, 01:22 AM
Wow Marie, congratulations on the great scores! Can I rub your head for good luck?

andiegoodman
03-13-2008, 02:25 AM
Beauiful, Marie. And the titles were great. Congratulations.

MarieLeslie
03-13-2008, 02:58 AM
Wow Marie, congratulations on the great scores! Can I rub your head for good luck?

I don't know if that's such a good idea, Jane. We had our convention at an older hotel that was in need of a good cleaning and I was apparently allergic to something. Now, I'm really paying for my three days out of the office.

Heather_L._Smith
03-13-2008, 03:50 AM
Awesome job, Marie!! Congratulations!