PDA

View Full Version : album questions

Jane_Lydick_Staid
03-10-2008, 07:09 PM
I am starting my competition print work this week and so far I have one album page done!

I need some imput on two things.

Do you think that entering an all color album is a bad idea? I am just not terribly thrilled about mixing black and white into the mix on this one.

The wedding that I am working on had me shoot the formals before the ceremony. Do you think I should design the album that way or should I put the formals in between the ceremony and reception? I would put the getting ready shots of the bride and groom separately into the beginning of the book.

George_Hawkins
03-10-2008, 07:46 PM
I am starting my competition print work this week and so far I have one album page done!

I need some imput on two things.

Do you think that entering an all color album is a bad idea? I am just not terribly thrilled about mixing black and white into the mix on this one.

The wedding that I am working on had me shoot the formals before the ceremony. Do you think I should design the album that way or should I put the formals in between the ceremony and reception? I would put the getting ready shots of the bride and groom separately into the beginning of the book.

I think it's great to move approx in sequence of the event.

2ยข, but I am not judge. People will look relaxed going from ceremony to party reception.

Keith_A_Howe
03-10-2008, 11:14 PM
I think the most important thing is to be consisitant. Don't go from groups to ceremony to groups to recption to groups. Judges are looking for a cohesive story, don't confuse them. there is not a problem with an all color or all B&W album or mix of both, any choice is fine.

Keith