PDA

View Full Version : Recent Senior Possible Comp Image?? CC Please

DiannaAllen
03-08-2008, 02:06 AM
Please give me some feedback on this one. He is a senior that struggles with peers like all teens but also has a Baptist Minister for a father.

Title is "Inner Conflicts"
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x277/Dianna58/InnerConflict.jpg

Sandra_Pearce
03-08-2008, 02:34 AM
Dianna,

I like the image but his skin is so smooth in comparison to the clothing. The blue is very sharp. I don't know if that is what you were going for.

Sandra

Dave_Cisco
03-08-2008, 03:52 AM
Two things to do just to see if it might work...
1 Back off on the Portraiture until you get the "real him" back,
2 Get rid of the stripes in his shirt.
:)

Keith_A_Howe
03-08-2008, 05:06 AM
Dianna
I don't want to dash your hopes but I see this image in the average catagory.
The problems I see is what appears to be blown highlights on his forhead, nose and cheek that look to have been burned in or muddy. I'm not sure what the background is but it raises the question of a shadow from his hood on the background (note I assume it is in the background but you don't want to raise a question in the viewer's mind). Another thing, if you are considering an image like this for comp. watch that the nose does not break the line of his far cheek.
Keith

Teya_Rutherford
03-08-2008, 03:58 PM
I don't see the message that clearly between the image and the title w/out your extra explanation.

Art_Wright
03-08-2008, 04:34 PM
I second Kieth's highlight comment...

D._Craig_Flory
03-08-2008, 04:52 PM
Hi Dianna;

Besides what was already pointed out - if none of those things entered into it, the background is distracting and would have to be softened.

Also, the accent line stroke draws attention to itself. It's too bright, first of all, and too wide. But, it's also not around the subject layer but a bit outside that which helps draw even more attention to it. The accent line should be barely seen ... and just be enough to separate the subject layer from the background layer.

The idea is very good but I'd like to see you re-do the session taking into account all the comments and suggestions. If you are able to ... try crewating from a bit farther away allowing a bit more room for manipulation and presentation. I think an image of him could do very well. His face reminds me a little of Malcolm-Jamal Warner.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0912528/

DiannaAllen
03-08-2008, 07:26 PM
Thanks everyone, I had already noted most of the things that have been pointed out but still wanted opinions.

Dianna
I don't want to dash your hopes but I see this image in the average catagory.
The problems I see is what appears to be blown highlights on his forhead, nose and cheek that look to have been burned in or muddy. I'm not sure what the background is but it raises the question of a shadow from his hood on the background (note I assume it is in the background but you don't want to raise a question in the viewer's mind). Another thing, if you are considering an image like this for comp. watch that the nose does not break the line of his far cheek.
Keith

Keith, I've been waiting for the nose breaking comment.:rolleyes: The background is actually a cinder block & brick wall in an alley. The shadow you see from the jacket is actually a metal post that the wires run through. I saw it too and figured most would think it was a shadow. The original sky was basically white I added the grey clouds to attempt to simulate the inner struggle, guess it didn't work.

Dave, I will repost another time with the "real him" .

Oh well, this is what I needed from everyone to help me more forward. Thanks again everyone.