PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Want to Sell Their Text?

MarilynDillon
03-06-2008, 08:30 PM
Is anyone interested in selling their Photography 9th edition by Barbara London -- last call before I dive in and make the purchase. Also, what do you have to score on the exam to pass?

D._Craig_Flory
03-06-2008, 08:43 PM
Is anyone interested in selling their Photography 9th edition by Barbara London -- last call before I dive in and make the purchase. Also, what do you have to score on the exam to pass?

Hi Marilyn;

There are 100 multiple choice questions and you need 70% correct or 70 right answers. You have up to two hours time to complete it. (I always tell everyone taking it with me that if they have the urge to scream right before it's ok. They always grin and it gets the butterflies out. ;) )

Todd_Reichman
03-06-2008, 08:43 PM
yeah - I'm on the road at the moment, but PM me and I will getback to you later tonight.

Thanks

- trr

Cindi_Delaney
03-07-2008, 06:00 AM
I got mine from Amazon for just $86 in one of the Amazon Marketplace stores. I just started studying. But they had some used ones on sale too.

Corrie_Zacharias
03-07-2008, 10:13 PM
Is this the ONLY book that is recommended for study? From reading the comments on Amazon, it seems to be geared towards film photography; specifically, black-and-white film photography. Which is fine; I'm very comfortable with that. But I hate shelling out an exorbitant amount of money for a book that has only a limited amount of information on the topics that will be covered on the exam (color, digital, etc.). For those of you who took the test - was most of the book relevant to the questions that were asked? Or only a couple of chapters?

Darren_Osgood
03-07-2008, 10:17 PM
Corrie, this 9th edition by London is one of the most beneficial books I've read on photography to date and it is very comprehensive, covering everything you can think of regarding the trade. Yes, it covers film, but much more than just that. Color,DOF,Focus,composition, equipment, formats, film, processing, digital, etc,etc..

I love the book, but thought so highly of it, I gave it to a good friend I want to see succeed!

Darren

Sorry Marilyn, didn't mean to steal the thread.....

KirkDarling
03-07-2008, 10:54 PM
There are certainly other sources. I have to say that everything I needed to know about basic photography and film to pass the test I learned from old library books written by Andreas Feininger and published in the 50s. And a little "Golden Book" I still have from the 60s. The basics on the test haven't changed since then.