PDA

View Full Version : I did it So can you

Mike_Permenter
03-06-2008, 03:27 PM
After fifteen years of Photography, I past the test and last week my images passed, I am now a Certified Professional Photographer. If anyone out there is putting it off like I did, Don't! Just Study, If I can do it, so can you. Good Luck.

Cheri_MacCallum
03-06-2008, 03:31 PM
Congratulations Mike!!

MarilynDillon
03-06-2008, 03:32 PM
Hey Mike - Congratulations!!...I fall into the procrastinator catagory on this one. I am considering taking the exam in April at the NHPPA -- did you study from the latest edition of the text?

Don_Chick
03-06-2008, 03:37 PM
Way to go Mike, Great Job!!!

D._Craig_Flory
03-06-2008, 05:36 PM
Hi Mike;

I am always happy to hear back from photogs. who take the exam from me. I've heard back from two of the three and both of them passed. And one also had his February print submission pass so he is also now certified.

So congratulations ... I hope you have sent out a news release . Did you let the liaison you took it with know you passed ?

Marc_Benjamin
03-06-2008, 06:23 PM
Congratulations and welcome to the club. Now as tradition has it, first rounds on you at the next PPA convention!

DianeDavis
03-06-2008, 06:30 PM
Congrats! :) :)

cat_broderick
03-07-2008, 04:50 PM
Congrats Mike! Care to share your press release? (Or anyone else on here?)

Art_Wright
03-07-2008, 05:23 PM
Good for you, Mike! Welcome to the club!

KirkDarling
03-07-2008, 06:31 PM
Good on you, Mike. Welcome to Authenticity.

Darren_Osgood
03-07-2008, 10:26 PM
Congrats Mike!

Cindi_Delaney
03-09-2008, 04:01 AM
There is hope for me after all!
Congrats Mike.
You're my inspiration.
I plan to take the test in Salt Lake this September.

Mike_Permenter
03-18-2008, 10:33 PM
Can someone please telll me how to a press release? Any other ideas how I can use the CPP? Web site, flyers, etc.

Thanks
Mike Permenter

David_A._Lottes
03-19-2008, 12:11 AM
Hi Mike
First you need to go to the CPP resources page (http://certifiedphotographer.com/resources.html). There you can download the Certified Logo and use it on all your marketing materials. On your web site you can link to the certification home page like this What does CERTIFIED mean? (http://certifiedphotographer.com/) In your studio you can frame and hang your Certification certificate and place it near the door or in the dressing room, somewhere with high traffic. For the press release, you can publish it in your own newsletter and the local newspapers. I prefer the smaller ones that make a big deal out of local news, the big papers bury press releases in the business section. You should include a photograph of yourself and mention the names of clients whose images you've submitted. The last time I re certified I put my favorite 12 submission prints in a tri-fold display in one of the local malls. I wish I had made some coffee table books out of all twenty submissions and put them around town in barber shops and doctors offices etc. I'm up for re-cert again this November and this time I'm planning to take the exam over to see if I can still pass it. So the twenty print submission coffee table books idea will have to wait another five years. :cool:

Oh yeah! If you don't know what to write ask Betsy Finn (http://ourppa.com/forums/member.php?find=lastposter&t=4370). She does killer Press Releases. :)

D._Craig_Flory
03-19-2008, 03:40 PM
Now that I am (finally) giving a presentation folder out at consultations I'm also putting in a C.P.P. brochure along with everything else. (I don't think they have those available anymore but I called PPA this morning to #1 see if they are available #2 or if something new is in the works) If I can't buy anything like that I'm considering making up something like it myself.