PDA

View Full Version : First Ever Comp Print...Critique...Keith H

ChontelleBrown
03-04-2008, 08:58 PM
This is my first attempt working on a comp print. This is one of the images I had reviewed at the judges critique at IUSA and seemed to be the strongest.

I flipped the image as suggested and Keith, I'm not sure if this is the crop you had in mind or not. I wasn't sure about where to place it on the canvas or the stroke.

I welcome all critiques and title suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Chontelle

http://www.cottonblossomsphotography.com/sunshinecompresized.jpg

Chris_Padgett
03-04-2008, 09:21 PM
I love it! I think your stroke should be a little smaller and if you will put it on the inside it will give you sharp corners instead of the rounded ones you have. I'll try and come up with a name.

Art_Wright
03-04-2008, 11:19 PM
I suggest you move the image so that her right eye is in a Golden Thirds intersection...

Art_Wright
03-04-2008, 11:20 PM
P.S. - That's an awesome image!

Teya_Rutherford
03-04-2008, 11:32 PM
It's darling. I'm not wild about the shadow across the bridge of her nose and under her eye though. Also, is your stroke white? I would sample one of the lighter tones of the image instead, as I don't see any actual white in it...

Jane_Lydick_Staid
03-04-2008, 11:58 PM
If you squint and look at the eyes they get raccoony. Might want to try lightening the shadows there a bit.

Art_Wright
03-05-2008, 12:31 AM
I wouldn't change a thing about the image, other than the step mount placement.

Keith_A_Howe
03-07-2008, 01:53 AM
Chontelle
I like it. I would take down the stroke a bit darker and a bit thinner, then set it to inside as Chris mentioned.
Keith

ChontelleBrown
03-07-2008, 07:09 PM
Thank you all for the input.

Keith-
I will correct the stroke as mentioned. As always, thank you for your help. I truly appreciate your kindness in always helping me when asked.

Chontelle

Erica_Larsh
03-07-2008, 07:18 PM
"If you squint and look at the eyes they get raccoony. Might want to try lightening the shadows there a bit."

What does this mean? I'm looking at things all over the forum and they all get "raccoony".

Chontelle, I really like the image.

Teya_Rutherford
03-07-2008, 07:27 PM
I think she means that when you squint sometimes images are reduced to just light and dark tones and contrasting areas are more visible...it makes the almost dark goggle-effect around her eyes more apparent.