PDA

View Full Version : Loan Collection Book

Mark_Levesque
03-04-2008, 05:51 PM
My Loan Collection book arrived yesterday, so today I had a lunch date with it and my iPod. Nothing like listening to Iron Maiden, viewing inspirational images and having fantastic pizza. I only got halfway through the book at the restaurant, so when I got back to the base I sat in my car, tuned out and went through the rest of it.

It was great seeing so many familiar names! And gorgeous images. You owe it to yourself to get a copy if you enter print competition if for no other reason than to see where last year's bar was.

Sandra_Pearce
03-04-2008, 05:59 PM
Mark,

Do you order them off the PPA site?

Sandra

bob_hancock
03-04-2008, 06:01 PM
Thanks,
I plan to order both loan and showcase books.
Should do that today!
In the passed have ordered direct from Marathon.
Is that the best way?
Bob

Angela_Lawson
03-04-2008, 06:28 PM
I just got mine today. I ordered it direct from Marathon. Boy, the images in there are fantastic. Congrats to everyone who is in it.

Here's to hoping someday that I'll make it there myself - of course that would require entering competition. : )

D._Craig_Flory
03-04-2008, 06:36 PM
Mark,

Do you order them off the PPA site?

Sandra

Hi Sandra;

For quite a while they were ordered from Sherman Hines in Canada. Now you order them from Marathon Press. http://www.marathonpress.com/

Not only can you get the latest but can also buy some of the older ones too.

Cheri_MacCallum
03-04-2008, 07:38 PM
I got mine a few days ago and have been browsing through it ever since!!

Mark_Levesque
03-04-2008, 07:47 PM
Yes, well I'd like to get one for your price next time. ;)

ChontelleBrown
03-04-2008, 08:44 PM
Mine is 'out for delivery' according to UPS tracking. I was shocked when I got the notice from Marathon....took me a few minutes to figure out what I had ordered since last year I didn't get my books until May.

Now I have to figure out a way to get some quiet time......

Rick_Massarini
03-04-2008, 08:53 PM
Has everyone who ordered Loan books in advance received them? I ordered mine in advance but yet haven't received my copies. I'm concerned that they may have gotten lost since I moved the studio since ordering the books..

D._Craig_Flory
03-04-2008, 09:02 PM
On Monday I bought a Loan Collection book for $5.00. I was at an open house for a Burrell Colour Lab Rep's studio and he was having an indoor yard sale at the same time & I bought the 1997 Loan book to add to my collection. So, who on here were in that one ?

Tracy_McGee
03-04-2008, 10:59 PM
Iron MaidenWho? :confused:

LOL! :p

Thanks, I'll go check it out and maybe drop yet more $$$.

Don_Chick
03-04-2008, 11:36 PM
Has everyone who ordered Loan books in advance received them? I ordered mine in advance but yet haven't received my copies. I'm concerned that they may have gotten lost since I moved the studio since ordering the books..

Mine "ordered in advance" finally arrived yesterday... I had an email delivery notice from Marathon with tracking info a couple days earlier....

Very nice image Rick!!! :D

Don_Chick
03-04-2008, 11:38 PM
So, who on here were in that one ?

I hadn't started my business yet when the images for that loan book were judged!! :eek: :D

Nylora_Bruleigh
03-04-2008, 11:38 PM
Mine too! Just got it yesterday. My DH bought it for me as a suprise for Christmas! I love the gifts that keep on coming~ I mean giving!:D

Keith_A_Howe
03-04-2008, 11:57 PM
On Monday I bought a Loan Collection book for $5.00. I was at an open house for a Burrell Colour Lab Rep's studio and he was having an indoor yard sale at the same time & I bought the 1997 Loan book to add to my collection. So, who on here were in that one ?

I have one image in that book "Secret Ingredients" I guess that makes me old?

Keith

Cheri_MacCallum
03-05-2008, 12:17 AM

Yes a few days ago.

I'm on page 238 under my previous name (Hibbard). It's a negative retouching entry.