PDA

View Full Version : CC for comp?

Cindi_K_McDaniel
03-04-2008, 05:48 AM
I took a daytime image and turned it into NIGHT, burning and dodging to add drama... I also enhanced the eyes and hair a bit... any chance it will merit?
http://envoguephoto.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/comp1.jpg
I'd also appreciate any ideas for a title...

DiannaAllen
03-04-2008, 06:04 AM
Neat Cindi, given the cigarette in his mouth how about "No! I Won't Quit!

or Restless ... he looks restless to me.
:rolleyes:

Cindi_K_McDaniel
03-04-2008, 06:08 AM
Thanks Dianna,
I thought he had a bit of a rebel look... I actually called him James Dean a couple times during the shoot!

bob_hancock
03-04-2008, 01:03 PM
I am not a judge or expert! I do think you have Impact! Like the way you have your Image prepared. Would fell happy if it were my own Image!
Its a great Image.

As far as will it merit? Will let the more experienced answer that Question.

You really never know if an Image will merit until after judging!
Best of Luck!
Bob

Ron_Jackson
03-04-2008, 01:17 PM
Nice job Cindi. I like the mood and impact of this image. Definitely you should enter this.

Don_Chick
03-04-2008, 01:37 PM
I think its a cool image.... :cool:

If you can get a print with excellent print quality. Have some nice snappy blacks and crisp contrast and the right panel.... I think you could merit.

Don_Chick
03-04-2008, 01:39 PM
I took a daytime image and turned it into NIGHT...

Cindi,

Are you doing this day...to...night thing because of Ron? :eek: Of all people..
Remember he had some posted where he was doing that to images...

Lori_Clapp
03-04-2008, 01:39 PM
Cindi, FWIW, my first thought for a title was also something with Rebel. That's what he looks like! Nice image! You should show us the original. :)

D._Craig_Flory
03-04-2008, 01:42 PM
Hi Cindi;

I am VERY impressed ! My very first thought was "Rebel Without a Cause" ala James Dean. There is only one thing I don't like ... the cancer stick. But it does add to it and , as long as I don't have to smell it or grab my asthma inhalor, because of it, it's ok. Now go make it merit !!!

Cindi_K_McDaniel
03-04-2008, 03:04 PM
Thanks RON for inspiring me! I would never have thought of this if I had not seen one of yours!

I'm with Craig on the cancer stick, but I do like it as a prop!

Try this on for the original! Now you can see what I had to do to it!

http://a943.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/95/l_611c84e457bfc711a743fa09a9413f1e.jpg

Ron_Jackson
03-04-2008, 03:24 PM
It's a great image. He is just the right person to strike this pose. I'm glad that I inspired somebody for something. Day to night is my second favorite thing to do with my photography. I have a bunch of images I have converted this way. You did a really nice job of bringing the mood to that shot. The darkness just enhances the overall feel. Much more dramatic.

Teya_Rutherford
03-04-2008, 03:35 PM
I love it! Only thing is, the edge of the cigarette blends a bit with the wooden fence...you'll have to watch for that in printing.
title? Modern Day James Dean

MarilynDillon
03-04-2008, 05:25 PM
"The Outsider" (as in Matt Dillon)

Sandra_Pearce
03-04-2008, 05:32 PM
Cindi,

Don't know if it stands out in the real image but at Imaging one of my images had really white in the eyes, she told me to tone them down. You might check it. I love what you did with the image. I would give you a merit.

Sandra

Cindi_K_McDaniel
03-04-2008, 05:33 PM
I wasn't hoping you would like it Ron! I don't have much time to play with images these days, but when I do, I worry if I go too far with them. I'm so glad that this came across with the look and feel I wanted it to!

Teya, thanks for pointing that out! This image has GREAT detail in the shadows around him and I will play with the contrast etc to give it a little more ZIP where it needs it. Maybe I can give the cig a little more separation that way!

I thought about going with a James Dean themed name, but I find myself hesitating and don't know why... I really need help on the title thing!

MarilynDillon
03-04-2008, 05:47 PM
PonyBoy
The Outsider
"Mr. Wonderful"
"To Die For"

I won't explain the names - cuz I guess if you have to, then it doesn't work.
Let us know when you get one as I will obsessively think about it until I know you have one. ha!

Sandra_Pearce
03-04-2008, 05:50 PM
Wow Marilyn you're really good at this. Can I get help with names from you? It is my downfall. Nothing ever comes to me.

Sandra

D._Craig_Flory
03-04-2008, 06:39 PM
Hi Cindi;

When I went out to lunch I gave some thought to possible titles:
"Attitude" , or "Don't Mess With Me" .

Cindi_K_McDaniel
03-05-2008, 03:34 AM
Ok, I actually had an idea this evening... What do you guys think of:

"an evening Drag"
or
"Dark Drag"
or
"a Cool Drag on a Hot night"

get it - "drag" on a cigarette... Let me know your thoughts!

MarilynDillon
03-05-2008, 04:31 PM
not sure -- makes me think of drag queen.
my fav so far is "to die for" (he is "to die for" and so is the cig)
but it was my idea - ha!:D

Cindi_K_McDaniel
03-05-2008, 05:09 PM
I'm diggin' it! We may just go with the "to die for" theme...