PDA

View Full Version : help! sending comp images to lab tonight

Elizabeth_Pokela
03-04-2008, 02:12 AM
Things have been crazy busy around here with husuabnd out of town, birthdays, work, flu, throw-up and more unsavory things--SO now it's the 11th hour and tonight I need to send my files to the printer for submission this week for comp. I have 2 landscape-orientation files. I have not entered comp before, and have only seen the exhibit at Imaging. My recollection is that landscape still runs on the short side of the 16x20 surface? As in my max width would be 16" not 20"? Does anyone understand what I'm saying? Any help much appreciated . . .

Elizabeth_Pokela
03-04-2008, 02:17 AM
So I see on Dan's post that his landscape images are horizontal. I guess that's okay then? I just recall them all being vertical --I must be losing my mind.

E

Ron_Jackson
03-04-2008, 02:27 AM
They can be either but the usual would be to run a horizontal image on a horizontal board.

Elizabeth_Pokela
03-04-2008, 01:26 PM
Thanks Ron. I am becoming delirious. I couldn't figure out why anyone would want to run a horiz image on a vertical board bc it reduces the image so much. Fortunately, I figured this out in time, but also have one more day to prep my files. There is an extended time for drop-off.

Thanks,
E

Don_Chick
03-04-2008, 01:33 PM
I've seen some images that were horizontal done w/ the vertical oriented board.

It can have a "fine art" feel to it... especially if done in b&w... Kinda museumish... if that's the look you are after.

Elizabeth_Pokela
03-04-2008, 05:37 PM
Thanks Don. I know I have seen it at Imaging in the print exhibit and remember thinking it was an interesting choice which is probably why it stuck in my mind to do it that way.