PDA

View Full Version : Question on the suggested reading

Tracy_McGee
03-02-2008, 06:41 PM
I'm in no rush here, my goal is to take and pass the exam and image submission by this time next year. But I'm in the middle of my jump start (hence the questions) and want to keep momentum.

Of the suggested readings, which books do you really feel are necessary? That's one heck of a list, and some are out of print and some are like 20 years old. Plus, now that London's book contains digital stuff, are those books as needed? SO, which books should I concentrate on?

By the way, I do now have a copy of Body Parts (snagged it from a local friend). :D

Art_Wright
03-02-2008, 07:16 PM
Tracy, London's is the only book I studied from; it is possible to over study for any test...

D._Craig_Flory
03-02-2008, 11:14 PM
I'm in no rush here, my goal is to take and pass the exam and image submission by this time next year. But I'm in the middle of my jump start (hence the questions) and want to keep momentum.

Of the suggested readings, which books do you really feel are necessary? That's one heck of a list, and some are out of print and some are like 20 years old. Plus, now that London's book contains digital stuff, are those books as needed? SO, which books should I concentrate on?

By the way, I do now have a copy of Body Parts (snagged it from a local friend). :D

Hi Tracy;

Isn't that a great book ??? Now you know why everyone sang praises about it.

Darren_Osgood
03-03-2008, 03:40 AM
Tracy,

I studied from only one book and it was extremely informative and covered alot;

http://www.amazon.com/Photography-9th-Barbara-London/dp/0131752014

Barbara London, 9th edition of Photography as Art suggests.

Stephanie_Millner
03-03-2008, 04:10 AM
Tracy, want to do phone-studying once a week? Because if someone holds me accountable, I might actually pick up a book...

Or we will just end up chatting the night away... that works too.

Tracy_McGee
03-03-2008, 01:57 PM
LOL! Yeah Steff, I can see us chatting the night away, but we can pretend we're supposed to be studying LOL!!!

Thanks guys! :) I do have the newest edition of London's book. That along with many others that look similar to the recommended reading. So I guess I should get on with it. :p

Mark_Levesque
03-03-2008, 02:21 PM
The one book is more than sufficient. Additional books may help if you need to hear the same thing said in different ways to "get it".