PDA

View Full Version : Gone Baby Gone!

Ron_Jackson
02-27-2008, 05:53 PM
The case is packed and gone headed to SEPPA. For a first time attempt, it was a challenge making sure all the papers were filled out correctly and everything packed right. I sent 7 prints with a note asking them to pick the best four of the seven for competition. I did included a whole stack of hundred dollar bills and told them that I knew Keith Howe and Don Chick so I hope that helps. I hated to glue those lables on the face of the prints but I did as I understood so that's done. Of course I am kidding. What else would I be doing.

The case is gone now and I will thank everyone who helped in this process of getting me to this point. Without you, I have no idea what I would have sent. There are only the four prints and no money in the case and the lables are taped safely to the backs as required. After the scores are posted and I see the results, I will come back here and thank or blame the ones of you who helped. Ha! Okay, no blame but tons of thanks.

Well, I thought I would never do this but I did now it's out of my hands and I look forward to hearing what happens.

Charlotte_Dameron
02-27-2008, 05:58 PM
Good Luck Ron. From what I have heard, you will probably take home all of the big awards!

Ron_Jackson
02-27-2008, 06:03 PM
Yeah right! I have seen the work of many others here that makes me feel very meek. I am doing this because of things that Michael Gan and Keith Howe said, "to learn" and I have already. If I get a merit, I will be thrilled. If I don't, I won't loose any sleep, at least I finally stepped out there and competed. It's a journey I never expected to take. Now I can get back to work on paying jobs.

Joseph_Miska
02-27-2008, 10:05 PM
Ron,
Good luck, for sure! I know your work and know you'll do well. Congratulations for entering.

Keith_A_Howe
02-27-2008, 10:40 PM
"to learn" and I have already.

Ron
You've already won with the things you learned when you apply them to your clients work.
Congrats and good luck
Keith

DianeDavis
02-27-2008, 10:44 PM
Good Luck Ron!

Ron_Jackson
02-27-2008, 11:02 PM
Keith you are absolutely right. Now my clients will be the real winners as my work improves from the lessons learned. Thanks for pushing me so hard to get into competition.

Tracy_McGee
02-27-2008, 11:06 PM
Good luck!!! :D I'm sure you will do awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave_Cisco
02-27-2008, 11:07 PM
........... now it's out of my hands and I look forward to hearing what happens.

Suurrre you are....just like I would look forward to a root canal.:D :D

DiannaAllen
02-27-2008, 11:39 PM
Good Luck Ron!

StaceyDamon
02-28-2008, 12:30 AM
Ron, I am excited and anxious for you!!! Good luck and let us know as soon as you find out!

Sandra_Pearce
02-28-2008, 01:13 AM
Ron,

Whether you merit or not your work is great. As I told you, you just can't second guess what others will like. We all think you have winners. Unlike you, my case is packed and sitting at the door. I had a ziplock bag of rice cakes and when I cleaned up all the tissue paper and garbage from packing the case, I couldn't find the bag. I just knew I had put it in the case. Well, I finally located it in the bag of plastic I threw away. NOW that is a bribe.

Good luck, I will be waiting with you. Mine have to go out first thing tomorrow.

Sandra

Cheri_MacCallum
03-01-2008, 02:58 AM
Ron, I got my fingers, toes and every thing else I can cross for ya!!! My case will go out Monday...nothing like the last minute!

Ron_Jackson
03-01-2008, 03:39 AM
I just logged on to UPS tracking and my case has been delivered. I will be waiting anxiously to hear if the fall out laughing hysterically when they open my case.

Good luck to you Cheri an Sandra and everyone else headed to SEPPA. This will be a fun experience.