PDA

View Full Version : Rework for SEPPA- Love Critique

Valerie_Harte
02-26-2008, 05:57 PM
Ok... Got lots of good critique at our state convention of all six. These are the two I have done. Of course I have to get them off to the lab, printed, overnighted to me, and overnighted there... LOL.

Anyway... would love more critique. I have made the changes and a few more. Hopefully I have made them better instead of worse.

Working on a better title but:

Friday Night Intensity
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u36/vharte/SEPPA08/bca4591c.jpg

Am almost embarrased that I am entering this one... he's so not my line of specialty but everyone seems to love him with the title and I was told it even got a response.... so....

Bad Hair Day
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u36/vharte/SEPPA08/0d538427.jpg

D._Craig_Flory
02-26-2008, 06:14 PM
Hi Valerie;

I don't see any accent lines around the subject layers. Did you forget to add them ? They are what give you definition, and separation, of the subject layers from the background layers.

Keith_A_Howe
02-27-2008, 01:13 AM
Hi Valerie;

I don't see any accent lines around the subject layers. Did you forget to add them ? They are what give you definition, and separation, of the subject layers from the background layers.

I see them on my monitor, they are very fine and subtle. They look good to me. The football player - He looks too old for high school to me so How about Monday night intensity - implies pro player.

Valerie_Harte
02-27-2008, 02:43 PM
Thanks to both of you- yep... the accent line is on there but it is small and subtle. Feedback from the judges during critique.

Yes- he's semi pro so definitely too old for high school. I think Monday night intesity would be good. I had originally called it Focused but so did about 3 other people, so I thought that title was not a good choice. Likewise for just intense. I used to love titles... hate them on my own prints now. LOL.

Mark_Levesque
02-27-2008, 03:07 PM
Driven.....

Ron_Jackson
02-27-2008, 03:10 PM
Mark he's not in a car. :)

Good luck Valerie!!

DiannaAllen
02-27-2008, 03:54 PM
When is SEPPA & what is print deadline? Looked on the Calendar of Events but could not find it. Could have overlooked but...

Ron_Jackson
02-27-2008, 04:25 PM
SEPPA deadline is March 5th. I am walking out the door right now with my case. Hurry up but there is still time. Dianna I am still waiting to hear all your results. :)

DiannaAllen
02-27-2008, 04:37 PM
Me to Ron, I know I got a Blue Ribbon on my Little Girls Image - "Uh-Oh!". As for the others I will know for sure by 5:00 pm.

Charlotte_Dameron
02-27-2008, 05:04 PM
"Friday Night Lights"

he could be a coach for all we know--ya know?

Mark_Levesque
02-27-2008, 05:46 PM
Coach usually wears a shirt. ;)

Valerie_Harte
02-27-2008, 08:37 PM
Coach usually wears a shirt. ;)

Mark...
This made me ROTFL. I do like driven... and it gives me another word to plop in the thesaurus to see what I can come up with.

JohnMalboeuf
02-27-2008, 09:47 PM
I like the football image. Looks like a young Junior Seau.

How about "Who Needs Quarterbacks?"

John Mal

Dave_Cisco
02-27-2008, 10:00 PM
Man, I'd hate for anyone to know that I look for chicken's eyes, but I am having a hard time finding them..:D Can you add catchlights?

Valerie_Harte
02-27-2008, 11:11 PM
He only had one eye open- that was some of the feedback I got at starts so I hunted through the feathers and finally found one. There are catchlights in it now- but it was tiny! Guess he has a hard time seeing through the feathers. :-)

Mark_Levesque
03-04-2008, 04:55 PM
For your football player:

"Game Face"

Elizabeth_Pokela
03-04-2008, 10:35 PM
For anyone interested, I am in NC so am hand-delivering my case on Thursday. There are 3 deadlines/drop-off sites tomorrow and Thursday. I would be glad to post the e-mail I received this morning from the PPNC chairman clarifying the deadlines due to the roll-in of SEPPA this year.

Elizabeth