PDA

View Full Version : Va State Results are in....

Valerie_Harte
02-26-2008, 12:13 AM
And I will let Stephanie, Liz, and Dianna tell you about theirs. They did well... convention isn't over until Wednesday so I am not sure when they will be on, but I wanted to be the first to publicly congratulate them. I had to leave early for a speaking commitment for another organization.

I was in the room when a few of thiers were judged, but of course only one of mine came around and it wasnt talked about. But they did choose one of mine to discuss for the print critique program and I got some great feedback on how to improve the others from other people. I got 6 reds- (77-79) and I had done pretty much no artwork to any of them because I hadn't planned to enter until the last minute. I am therefore happy and will finish getting my act together for SEPPA. I figure 6 whites last year, 6 reds this year... can only mean 6 blues next year right?:D At any rate all but one (the rooster) were client work so at the very least I will get some happy clients and good marketing out of it. :-)

Don_Chick
02-26-2008, 12:14 AM
Congratulations on your success, that's great news!!

Heather_L._Smith
02-26-2008, 01:24 AM
Congrats, Valerie! Have you posted any of those images yet?

Valerie_Harte
02-26-2008, 03:01 AM
Yep- they are a couple of pages back under Help VPPA and SEPPA. I did reprocess the guitar to add vibrance but that's about it. I eliminated the two D. Craig suggested. I worked the hot spot on one of the football ones, the detail was in the RAW file... but I printed the wrong one anyway- I was told that was my strongest one. I thought it would go back in the case because of the hot spot but put it in anyway since that was print number 6 and I figured why not. Glad I did.

D._Craig_Flory
02-26-2008, 01:17 PM
Yep- they are a couple of pages back under Help VPPA and SEPPA. I did reprocess the guitar to add vibrance but that's about it. I eliminated the two D. Craig suggested. I worked the hot spot on one of the football ones, the detail was in the RAW file... but I printed the wrong one anyway- I was told that was my strongest one. I thought it would go back in the case because of the hot spot but put it in anyway since that was print number 6 and I figured why not. Glad I did.

Hi Valerie;

I'm hurt. sniff, sniff :( :D :p

Don_Chick
02-26-2008, 01:20 PM
Hi Valerie;

I'm hurt. sniff, sniff :( :D :p

Maybe she is saying that she eliminated the two that you suggested to eliminate? Maybe its really a compliment, depending on how you read it....

Ron_Jackson
02-26-2008, 03:28 PM
I still want to hear the results from everyone who entered. We are only getting bits and pieces. I am so excited for all of you so now let's hear the final tally. :)

Jackie_Haggerty
02-26-2008, 05:16 PM
I still want to hear the results from everyone who entered. We are only getting bits and pieces. I am so excited for all of you so now let's hear the final tally. :)

I want to hear also, but Liz won't answer her phone!

Tracy_McGee
02-26-2008, 05:24 PM
I figure 6 whites last year, 6 reds this year... can only mean 6 blues next year right?Great perspective! :)

The banquet is this evening and the convention will end around noon tomorrow. I will let Steff and Liz share their own results, but I don't know if they will be on here until after tomorrow. ;)

Valerie_Harte
02-26-2008, 05:45 PM
Tracy- It was good to meet you at the toga party! I couldn't remember if you entered or not.

D Craig- Don is right, I eliminated the two that you suggested eliminating and did a little bit of saturation adjustment to the guitar... no time for much more. I have reworked two of mine based on what I knew was wrong and feedback. Would love some more. I am reposting. Doing the last minute SEPPA thing now. Looks like an overnight case for me too.... and I still have to drive to Manassas to our District Governor's to pick up my case since I didn't stay for the whole conference... oh yeah... and of course the studio is picking up again- don't these people know I don't have time to make money that its competition time? LOL

Liz_Vance
02-27-2008, 11:04 PM
I want to hear also, but Liz won't answer her phone!

Because you kept calling in the middle of cool stuff!! :)

I'm back. Did you miss me? :)

So results and lessons learned (muahahahaha):

My scores, 3 reds (77,78,79), and 3 blues (all 80s), and one of them won Court of Honor in the Journalism category (which tickled me to death). I'll post the pics later, I'm trying to get caught up and I just got home.

Things I've learned:

1. Someone ALWAYS brings a bottle of something. This time it was Steff and rum. And someone will always drink a mystery drink if you hand it to them. This time, it was Hanson Fong (one of the speakers) and a cup of rum and soda.

2. Steff and I have way too many in-jokes, and thanks to that (and Steff mishearing a question and answering it in totally the wrong way) several people at the convention now think that we are, ahem, together.

3. Everyone is more fun on the second night.

4. Apparently, I have a voice that carries and always manage to say someone really inappropriate just when everyone else suddenly gets quiet.

5. ALWAYS check your sheets before you get into bed. If you wait until the next day, you may find something so disgusting you can only say, eeeeewwwwwwwwww!!!!!

6. Hotel Loss Prevention always think that you are lying and never that a) the maids might have cut a corner or two by not changing the sheets and b) that photographers are thieves, and that hotel employees would never take a frame that had been left in the hallway for a few minutes, and if you happen to find the frame in an employee area, that they clearly were just holding it for you. (this part happened to a friend, not me.)

7. In terms of how it makes you feel, getting an 80 feels better than getting a 90. Because if you got an 80, you were THIS CLOSE to not getting anything at all.

8. That Tracy is ohmygod funny, and when she drinks she talks so fast you can barely understand her.

9. That Vicki Taufer is pretty cool, and even when she's not drinking she talks so fast you can barely understand her. And no matter how good an idea it seems, never sit in the front row, because you will go deaf. She likes her music loud.

10. That if you shop without a friend, you may go broke.

11. That if you are bidding in an auction, ALWAYS make sure the auction is over before you nod yes to the person sitting next to you.

12. That getting your merit print accidentally left out of the banquet slideshow really stinks, especially when it's your first one.

13. That if you hang out in the hospitality suite too long, eventually you're going to be doing dishes.

14. That everyone thinks you're cool if you hang out with a guy named Jack. (wink wink)

15. That if you look similar to someone we already know, you will most likely be called by their name, and what makes you different from them, and your real name may never be known.

16. That there will soon be a Skinny James and a Barbi on this forum. And y'all are going to love them.

So how did everyone else do? :)

-e

D._Craig_Flory
02-27-2008, 11:09 PM
So Liz .. two questions. Will you still talk to the rest of us now that you are a print competition wiz ? And, how did everyone like your arab clothes ? :D

Tracy_McGee
02-27-2008, 11:10 PM
That Tracy is ohmygod funny, and when she drinks she talks so fast you can barely understand her.LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love you too! :D Actually, I think it was more the sleep deprivation, along with the coffee intake (after having NO coffee for over a month) and then the alcohol just added to the equation LOL!!! :p

AND HIS NAME IS CHRIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

Now we gotta start planning that weekend playdate.

OH! And yes, I think some people are left questioning exactly what Liz and Steff's relationship really is LOL!

D._Craig_Flory
02-27-2008, 11:19 PM
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Actually, I think it was more the sleep deprivation, along with the coffee intake (after having NO coffee for over a month) and then the alcohol just added to the equation LOL!!! :p

AND HIS NAME IS CHRIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

Now we gotta start planning that weekend playdate.

OH! And yes, I think some people are left questioning exactly what Liz and Steff's relationship really is LOL!

I'm an open minded guy. :D

Andrea_Chapelo
02-27-2008, 11:34 PM
Liz!
I missed you and I am so glad to hear about your scores! You ROCKED! Good for you! You must be so thrilled. Can't wait to see them!

Congrats....

ok Stephanie...your turn:D

Linda_Gregory
02-28-2008, 12:28 AM
WEEE haw!

Liz, you are the fast talker and a faster typist! Or at least, prolific!

Congratulations and sorry your print didn't get into the slide show. I remember that feeling....talk about a HOT flash! LOL! THAT lasted much longer than the print was up. *sigh*

Liz, wish you were closer. I enjoyed your company immensely and dang it, you photograph so well!!!!!

Cassandra_Sullivan
02-28-2008, 12:29 AM
congrats Liz! And the things you learned are pretty similar to what I learned at my state convention this past weekend...just change some names. ;) Sounds like you had a blast!

Jackie_Haggerty
02-28-2008, 12:37 AM
Liz- I love it when I can read what you type and TOTALLY hear you saying it! I am so happy for you, congrats to you and EVERYONE! Now I can't wait to meet Tracy!

Tracy- you better be in New Hampshire! :D

Ron_Jackson
02-28-2008, 12:52 AM
Way to go Liz! Sounds like a great event in many ways for you. And yes, Tracy is a blast. I am so glad I got to meet her recently. Too bad we didn't have as much time together as you did. Congrats on your scores!

Stephanie_Millner
02-28-2008, 01:11 AM
Ok, so if anyone is wondering - Liz and I only shared a room. ROOM. That's it!

I hope the people we met this weekend join the forum - they're such a good match for this group it's not even funny.

Anyway, my scores: 77 (which is fine, it was case filler!), three 78's, 79 (missing my point for bad mounting!), and an 80 (hooray!)

And Liz didn't tell anyone her really good news yet... Oh, and her really bad news. Oh poo.

Stephanie_Millner
02-28-2008, 01:12 AM
Oh yeah, and I was the only merit print to be left out of the slideshow!!! :(

DiannaAllen
02-28-2008, 01:15 AM
And Liz didn't tell anyone her really good news yet... Oh, and her really bad news. Oh poo.

Come on Liz fess up!

Linda_Gregory
02-28-2008, 01:24 AM
Okay guys.

It's 8:30 here, I've been at the lab since 8 this morning and am leaving now to take ONE MORE LOAD to the new place before heading home.

I expect ALL the beans to be on the table before I get home because I'm gonna read this thread before I crash and I NEED TO KNOW!

*sigh* I've pre-apologized to everyone here today. I know I'm getting cranky. So TAKE NOTE!

Nuthin' green about THOSE statements. :eek:

Stephanie_Millner
02-28-2008, 01:34 AM
Oh wait, I didn't read Liz's post thoroughly. I meant the Court of Honor. Sorry!

Mark_Levesque
02-28-2008, 01:41 AM
You ladies gotta show the pictures that go with the scores!

Liz_Vance
02-28-2008, 02:04 AM
So Liz .. two questions. Will you still talk to the rest of us now that you are a print competition wiz ? And, how did everyone like your arab clothes ? :D

hahaha

yeah.... I suuuuupoooose I'll still hang with y'all... :)

Nobody recognized me. I had new glasses. :)

Heather_L._Smith
02-28-2008, 02:26 AM
Rock on, girls!! Now, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease.... show us some images!! Did the judges comment on any prints??

DiannaAllen
02-28-2008, 02:36 AM
Hey Stephanie & Liz did either of you sit in and hear any comments about my bride image? I'd really like to know what they had to say.

Stephanie_Millner
02-28-2008, 02:38 AM
Dianna, I only remember hearing comments about the birds and about the Uh-Oh print. I don't remember the bride coming up - I fell asleep though. Hey, it was a long drive!

DiannaAllen
02-28-2008, 02:47 AM
So what did they say about Uh-Oh!

Heather_L._Smith
02-28-2008, 02:48 AM
Dianna - Did you share your results and I missed it????

Liz_Vance
02-28-2008, 02:48 AM
Hey Stephanie & Liz did either of you sit in and hear any comments about my bride image? I'd really like to know what they had to say.

Which one was your bride? We sat in for most of the comp (we got there about an hour late). I know some of your pics came up, but now I don't remember which ones were yours. What was she doing?

Okay, here are my pics.

http://www.ohbabyphoto.com/up/VPPA08001.jpg
There's Something Wrong With The Baby (80, Court of Honor in Journalism)

http://www.ohbabyphoto.com/up/VPPA08002.jpg
Family Connections (80)

http://www.ohbabyphoto.com/up/VPPA08003.jpg
Brothers In Arms (80)

Liz_Vance
02-28-2008, 02:49 AM
http://www.ohbabyphoto.com/up/VPPA08004.jpg
I'm Pooped! (79)

http://www.ohbabyphoto.com/up/VPPA08005.jpg
Up All Night (78)

http://www.ohbabyphoto.com/up/VPPA08006.jpg
Peaceful Dreamers (77)

DiannaAllen
02-28-2008, 02:51 AM
Dianna - Did you share your results and I missed it????

Yeah I put it in a new thread cause all my correspondence on it had been in unrelated threads previously & everyone was waiting to hear. Just pull up the Print Comp Forum and you'll see it. Just found out today.

DiannaAllen
02-28-2008, 02:54 AM
Which one was your bride? We sat in for most of the comp (we got there about an hour late). I know some of your pics came up, but now I don't remember which ones were yours. What was she doing?

Yeah I put it in a new thread cause all my correspondence on it had been in unrelated threads previously & everyone was waiting to hear. Just pull up the Print Comp Forum and you'll see it. Just found out today.

Liz, See my response to Steff. Thanks

DiannaAllen
02-28-2008, 02:55 AM
Liz... I love your images...CONGRATS!

Liz_Vance
02-28-2008, 03:00 AM
Thanks! I found your other thread and responded there about your prints. :)

-e

Liz_Vance
02-28-2008, 03:02 AM
Liz, wish you were closer. I enjoyed your company immensely and dang it, you photograph so well!!!!!

Well, my portrait WAS done by a fantastic photographer, you know. :)

And I think it would be fun if we were closer, too! You should just move to Virginia. It would be so much easier. :)

Linda_Gregory
02-28-2008, 03:06 AM
Steff, is it all out now?

YAWNNNN I'm sooo tired.

Liz, thanks for finally sharing it all! I do love them, all. Am going to bed now. HOpe I can make it up the stairs. Fell off a ladder today, not far and a very slow fall but the aches are starting to show up now that I've set down.

Four more days until I think I may be able to start a normal life again!!!! And then, two days before company arrives from Germany. Egad. Calgon??? Would it help?

Keith_A_Howe
02-28-2008, 03:15 AM
Congrats to all of you girls.
Keith

D._Craig_Flory
02-28-2008, 12:41 PM
Steff, is it all out now?

YAWNNNN I'm sooo tired.

Liz, thanks for finally sharing it all! I do love them, all. Am going to bed now. HOpe I can make it up the stairs. Fell off a ladder today, not far and a very slow fall but the aches are starting to show up now that I've set down.

Four more days until I think I may be able to start a normal life again!!!! And then, two days before company arrives from Germany. Egad. Calgon??? Would it help?
Guten Morgan Linda. Wie Gehts ? ... I'm just trying to help you remember your Deutsch. ;)

StaceyDamon
02-28-2008, 12:53 PM
Nice work ladies!!! Congratulations and thanks for sharing!

Linda_Gregory
02-28-2008, 12:57 PM
Guten Morgan Linda. Wie Gehts ? ... I'm just trying to help you remember your Deutsch. ;)

Gut, und Ihnen?

I understood you, Craig, but had to ask how to respond. We visit quite often and my husband speaks wonderful high and low German and when we have guests, or just a local 'boy' we've known for years (his mother in Germany refers to us as his American parents), the German words fly around here.

Back to the subject, you guys all rock. But are you jealous that you aren't going farther north to NH to see the gathering there?

And Jackie, EXACTLY!! I can HEAR Liz speak and hear all the voice inflections she'd add. Makes so much more sense when you read her posts.

D._Craig_Flory
02-28-2008, 01:12 PM
Hi Linda;

Here's a funny story. A number of years ago I photographed the local high school German teacher. I thought I'd show off my couple of years of German class from the early 60's. I greeted her and asked her to sit down and even commented on how beautiful the weather was. I was proud of myself for all that I remembered. (heck ... I can still count to 12 :rolleyes: )
Well, she scolded me and said "you speak German with a Pa. Dutch accent ! I thought to myself "well duh, I am Pa. Dutch and live in the heart of the Pa. Dutch country. :p She was from one of the big cities there and expected high german while pa. dutch is a combination of english and bavarian german.

Liz_Vance
02-28-2008, 01:18 PM
Hey y'all -

Thanks for the welcome backs and the congrats! All y'all are so nice!

It feels really good to be home. :)

Ron_Jackson
02-28-2008, 02:09 PM
Did I already say CONGRATS? If not...CONGRATS ladies! I am very very happy for you. Nice job. Now everyone needs to submit to SEPPA!

Valerie_Harte
02-28-2008, 03:00 PM
Did I already say CONGRATS? If not...CONGRATS ladies! I am very very happy for you. Nice job. Now everyone needs to submit to SEPPA!

Already working on it.... going to be an overnight rush. Had to change some things based on critique and work two new ones that were suggested to me. We'll see how they do. Totally different for me... though nothing outrageous. Everything else I had but the chicken was client work. Going to do more "self assignments" this year to see if I can get there for next year... Its a journey with no destination right? From what I understand as soon as you decide you are there your scores start to fall. Reach for the stars and maybe you'll touch the moon right? LOL

Stephanie_Millner
02-28-2008, 07:23 PM
Linda - did you hear about the "they all came out" comment from Tracy or was that just a weird coincidence?

Here are my 6:

Sicilian Sunrise - 80

http://www.stephaniemillner.com/PPA_uploads/smallsiciliansunrise.jpg
unfortunately, it was left out of the merit-print slideshow... as far as I know, it was the only print. :(

The Green Flash - 79

http://www.stephaniemillner.com/PPA_uploads/smallthegreenflash.jpg

Snowdog - 78 (and now I know why people don't use their own kids in their images...)

http://www.stephaniemillner.com/PPA_uploads/smallsnowdog.jpg
This is a white mat so it might be blending into the page.

Stephanie_Millner
02-28-2008, 07:24 PM
Coming Home - 78

http://www.stephaniemillner.com/PPA_uploads/smallcominghome.jpg

Empty Vessels - 78

http://www.stephaniemillner.com/PPA_uploads/smallemptyvessels.jpg

Triumphant Tulip - 77 (it was case filler)

http://www.stephaniemillner.com/PPA_uploads/smalltriumphanttulip.jpg

Cassandra_Sullivan
02-28-2008, 08:18 PM
Congrats Steff! Sicilian Sunrise is beautiful...I love the rest of yours too. I even like the Tulip one...interesting use of colors!

Andrea_Chapelo
02-28-2008, 08:53 PM
Steff- thanks for posting them! I love your sunrise, but have to admit I love your dog one even more. Congrats on doing so well. Hope I do as well when it is my turn. Way to go!

Stephanie_Millner
02-28-2008, 09:19 PM
Thanks guys. Of course my dog deserves a 100 and a Best in Show - we all know that! :p I was actually surprised Sicilian Sunrise did well... it's out of focus. (Shh... don't tell)

Lois_Byrne
02-28-2008, 11:57 PM
My husband/partner "Kevin Byrne" entered six prints for the competition. He merited with four of them. He also won the "Randy Searle award" for this being his first time entering competition and having the highest points of all of the first time enterers. So - I've very proud of his accomplishments! :D

Take care, Lois

Stephanie_Millner
02-29-2008, 12:02 AM
Lois, We thought that's who that was! Congrats to Kevin!

Tracy_McGee
02-29-2008, 12:13 AM
Huh? They all came out? I'm lost.

Stephanie_Millner
02-29-2008, 12:33 AM
Huh? They all came out? I'm lost.

"Now that everything's finally come up I feel so much better"

Mark_Levesque
02-29-2008, 12:35 AM
Sounds like many fun stories to be retold. :D

Liz_Vance
02-29-2008, 12:49 AM
I'm not so sure you'd want to hear ALL of them. Trust me! :)

Mark_Levesque
02-29-2008, 02:08 AM
Uh oh! Sounds like a warning shot across the bow to me. :o

Tracy_McGee
02-29-2008, 02:18 AM
Oh yeah! LOL!!! "Now that everything has come UP" lit the memory light. :p I thought what I'm sure everyone else would think hearing "now that everything has come up, I feel much better" come from Steff's mouth as I walked into the bathroom and she was in there. However, she meant that now that all of her prints had come up LOL! Just thought I'd fill in the blanks so no one feels left out. :p

Linda_Gregory
02-29-2008, 02:21 AM
I'm confused, too.

Not about what everyone else is, I've met you two. I know how 'it' goes.

How can you have 6 prints entered? Are they true merit awards? As in, sealed for nationals or is that just the term being used to describe 80n and above?

Stef, the comment about your dog made me laugh! It's SO true. How DARE they say those things about a perfect being?

And really, I thought it was great. What were their comments about it?

Tracy_McGee
02-29-2008, 02:27 AM
No, Linda, if prints get 80 or above here at state convention they only get credit here. If they merit at SEPPA, then they would get a seal, but not here at state level. Here we only get credits towards our state degrees. :)

Lori_Clapp
02-29-2008, 02:41 AM
Great job and great images everyone! Thanks for keeping us informed.

And I am with Jackie and Linda - after meeting Liz, I can't read her posts without reading it the way she talks! I love it! EVERYONE needs to go to Nationals next year so we ALL know each other!! There are so many more people I want to meet from this forum!!:D :D :D

Stephanie_Millner
02-29-2008, 03:03 AM
They allow 6 prints for state judging - you can send 4 of them on to SEPPA, but they start off as unjudged (I think?)

And thanks, Linda. She is a perfect being! They actually didn't make any comments on her. It got a big "Awww!" from the audience at print critique in July though!

Lois_Byrne
03-02-2008, 11:37 AM
Lois, We thought that's who that was! Congrats to Kevin!

Hi Steff and other VPPA members,

Turns out it was the "Randy Searle Scholarship" not award. We got the paperwork in the mail yesterday. They didn't say what the scholarship amount was for - did they mention at the banquet the amount of the scholarship? If you don't know, we'll just have to wait until tomorrow to find out. Take care, Lois

Don_Chick
03-02-2008, 11:55 AM
Congratulation, you guys! I am finally catching up w/ this thread. It's exciting to see you doing so well entering print competition.

Lori, You don't have to wait for Nationals next year to meet everyone.... Let's all meet in NH in 8 weeks. :D :D

Barbi_Barnum
03-05-2008, 03:03 PM
Hey Stephanie and Liz....or should I say POOH bear and pooh's little squeeze...hehe.
(I can't believe ya'll outed me before I even got here. How can I lurk when you're already talking about me?)

Art_Wright
03-05-2008, 03:29 PM
So, are all of the photographers in Virginia women, or just the best ones? :)
Congratulations, to all of you! I can't wait to get to Virginia!

Stephanie_Millner
03-05-2008, 03:35 PM
Barbi! You've joined us! Oh thank god. people were starting to think we were crazy.

ok, what they don't know won't hurt em'.

Now, for Skinny James.

D._Craig_Flory
03-05-2008, 03:42 PM
Hey Stephanie and Liz....or should I say POOH bear and pooh's little squeeze...hehe.
(I can't believe ya'll outed me before I even got here. How can I lurk when you're already talking about me?)

A big welcome to you Barbi ! You will think, at first, that a lot of us are nuts. But, then you will come to discover that we are simply crazy. :p

Liz_Vance
03-05-2008, 05:30 PM
BARBI!!!!!!

It's about time you showed up. I was beginning to think you didn't like us!

Where the asterisks is Skinny James?!

Stephanie_Millner
03-05-2008, 05:33 PM
Where the asterisks is Skinny James?!

Jack's gonna get you for that.

Liz_Vance
03-05-2008, 05:38 PM
Jack's gonna get you for that.

How on earth is the word "asterisks" worse than the word "heck"? Because in this context, they are both a substitute for the same word, and yet "heck" is acceptable, but "asterisks" is not.

It's all silliness.

-e

(on another note - the next time someone on here emails me their phone number at midnight and says, "sure, you can call me!" PLEASE don't answer if I do. I didn't get to sleep until almost 3 last night!! :) And I just made the same pot of coffee twice, because the first time, I forgot to pour the water into the heating part. And I have a shoot in 2 hours. This is going to be fun!)

:)

Art_Wright
03-05-2008, 05:44 PM
May I recommend you don't hand-hold this one? ;)

Liz_Vance
03-05-2008, 05:47 PM
What, the jittery look isn't in anymore? It's edgy! hahaha

Barbi_Barnum
03-05-2008, 06:32 PM
[QUOTE=Stephanie Millner;136429]Barbi! You've joined us! Oh thank god. people were starting to think we were crazy.
QUOTE]

And you think anything I have to add to this conversation will change that notion?

I can neither confirm nor deny Stephanie's mental stability or lack there of....

Barbi_Barnum
03-05-2008, 06:36 PM
So, are all of the photographers in Virginia women, or just the best ones? :)
Congratulations, to all of you! I can't wait to get to Virginia!
Yup Art, that's right all the best are women. Of course don't tell Jamie Hayes or Bill Piacesi I said that...hehehehe. They kind of kicked butt at the convention.

Barbi_Barnum
03-05-2008, 06:37 PM
A big welcome to you Barbi ! You will think, at first, that a lot of us are nuts. But, then you will come to discover that we are simply crazy. :p

Thanks for the welcome! After spending several days with Stephie and Liz I am casting a suspicious eye around here:rolleyes: :D

Stephanie_Millner
03-05-2008, 06:39 PM
***plthbtbtbtbt***

Hey, for those of you who don't know, Barbi kind of kicked some of proverbial tuchezs (Yiddish) at the convention, too! 3 merits and a Court of Honor, right?

Post images! Post images!

Art_Wright
03-05-2008, 06:47 PM
Is there something in the water in Virginia?

Barbi_Barnum
03-05-2008, 07:07 PM
Is there something in the water in Virginia?
Nope...it's not in the water....it's in the light

Art_Wright
03-05-2008, 07:18 PM
Good one, Barbi! And welcome!

Tracy_McGee
03-05-2008, 08:06 PM
So, are all of the photographers in Virginia women, or just the best ones?Flattery gets you everywhere. :p

Hey Barbi!!!!! :D YAY!!!! Now CHRIS needs to join us and we'll be closer to whole. Just so long as he promises to never post convention images. :p

And I'm the sane one of the bunch..... right? :p LOL!

Barbi_Barnum
03-05-2008, 11:32 PM
Are you asking me if you are saner than Stephanie and Val? Geez...I dunno... I have to plead the 5th on that one.

And I for one WANT to see the photos. Nothing like incriminating proof!

Stephanie_Millner
03-06-2008, 12:25 AM
Haha! Those were possibly the worst pictures I've ever seen of myself! Which is funny for the little clothing that everyone's actually wearing in them (except Traci who showed up to a toga party in a suit...)

And his name is Skinny James, because Fat James was already taken by an average man whose name isn't Chris.

Valerie_Harte
03-06-2008, 03:47 PM
Are you asking me if you are saner than Stephanie and Val? Geez...I dunno... I have to plead the 5th on that one.

And I for one WANT to see the photos. Nothing like incriminating proof!

You don't have to plead the 5th.... she's definitely saner than me.... I was told I almost made someone pee thier pants at the party during my awesome incredible boxing bout. And there was the hot pink toga... yep... definitely out of my mind- but then again isn't that a requirement to be a photographer? :D