PDA

View Full Version : Ohioan would like to join a local group...

Christine_Walsh-Newton
02-25-2008, 04:33 PM
Hello -

I joined the PPA a month or so ago and I'm wondering what a good local organization would be for me to get my feet wet in competition?

I'm about 30 minutes south of Canton, OH

I checked the affiliates page and this group seems to be the closest, but there doesn't seem to be much going on:

http://www.akronphotographers.org/

Meanwhile, I'm studying for the CPP exam.

Thanks for ny help you can give me!

D._Craig_Flory
02-25-2008, 04:40 PM
Hello -

I joined the PPA a month or so ago and I'm wondering what a good local organization would be for me to get my feet wet in competition?

I'm about 30 minutes south of Canton, OH

I checked the affiliates page and this group seems to be the closest, but there doesn't seem to be much going on:

http://www.akronphotographers.org/

Meanwhile, I'm studying for the CPP exam.

Thanks for ny help you can give me!

Hi Christine;

With the Mid-East Regional about to start in Ohio, I hope you are planning on going to the convention or at least walking around the print competition exhibit and the trade show. At the least you can then ask what sub state groups exist. I'd ask at the registration desk who to talk to.

Karen_Smith
02-28-2008, 04:18 AM
Hi Christine,
I'm about 30 miles west of Canton. I belonged to ASPP for 5 years, they are not as big as they used to be, but they do offer some interesting topics especially if you are new. It's best to go to everything you can and learn as much as possible. There is also SONOPP up in the Cleveland area that is larger, but might be to far to drive.

bob_hancock
02-29-2008, 12:57 PM
Christine,
Consider also joining Triangle Photographers in Pittsburgh.
Triangle photographers is made up of Photographers from Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virgina.
They have two regular Meeting s a year and a Week long Institute school!
Triangle always has a great line up of speakers.
www.trianglephotographers.org

Bob

Christine_Walsh-Newton
02-29-2008, 01:54 PM
Thanks everyone!!

Ed_Conner
03-03-2008, 09:35 PM
Go to the PPO web site and they list the chapters affiliated with them I know there are one or 2 with in a 30-90 min drive of you that meet monthly.

Ed Conner