PDA

View Full Version : Judges Critique

Ron_Jackson
02-25-2008, 02:59 PM
I am filling out my forms for SEPPA. No where on these forms do I see anything about requesting a judges critique. I sent an email to SEPPA asking about this but got an immediate response of "Out of Office Until Wednesday". So, does anyone know if this is available for SEPPA?

Sandra_Pearce
02-25-2008, 03:54 PM
Ron,

I did not receive a critique from SEPPA. It may only be national PPA. I checked my entry form from nationals and it is on the bottom where the money is added. I know I didn't get one from SEPPA. It is not on the form.

Sandra

Don_Chick
02-25-2008, 04:01 PM
Ron,

If you check a box and send me $100, I'll see that you get a critique of your images..... :eek: :D :D

D._Craig_Flory
02-25-2008, 04:02 PM
Hi Ron;

Below national, look for a critique to actually attend. Our state always has one a day or so after the competition. Last year, I got some excellent advice on an image I had gotten an 80+ on and a blue ribbon. So it's not just for images scoring under 80. You simply ask someone to include your image(s) in the critique and which ones. In our state they are put on an easel and lit by the actual judging lights. You learn by listening to comments, and suggestions, about all prints they critique.

JohnHeckler
02-25-2008, 04:14 PM
At the regional MES in Ohio, they also have what they call the "Master Mob" where a bunch of Master Photogs hang around the gallery and you can go up to them and get real time feedback on your prints (or any others for that reason).

Ron_Jackson
02-25-2008, 04:23 PM
Thanks everyone. I guess they just don't have that option since I looked at every page of the information from SEPPA and didn't see it. Also I am not going to SEPPA so if anybody here is going and would like to sit in on the judging to see what they say, I would appreciate it.

Don, I already have enough invested in this. I did as you said and taped a envelope to each print labeled JUDGES and inside are five one hundred dollar bills, one for each judge. You said this was normal proceedure to help ensure merit scores. :) Okay all you judges and newbies, I am just kidding. Bribery only works with Don but must be paid in advance. Kidding again. Sorry.

Don_Chick
02-25-2008, 06:55 PM
Don, I already have enough invested in this. I did as you said and taped a envelope to each print labeled JUDGES and inside are five one hundred dollar bills, one for each judge. You said this was normal proceedure to help ensure merit scores. :) Okay all you judges and newbies, I am just kidding. Bribery only works with Don but must be paid in advance. Kidding again. Sorry.

Ron..Ron...Ron...

There are 7 judges on a panel not 5!!! If you only tape 5 bills then the other 2 will give you a 60 for your score.... It's hard to get to 80 with 2 60's!! :eek: :eek:

Ron_Jackson
02-25-2008, 07:34 PM
Dang! I will Fed Ex the money to you and you can forward it for me. Is that okay? I'll send a bunch of extra hundred dollar bills just in case you need them. How many do I need to send to get the prints to go loan?

D._Craig_Flory
02-25-2008, 07:37 PM
Dang! I will Fed Ex the money to you and you can forward it for me. Is that okay? I'll send a bunch of extra hundred dollar bills just in case you need them. How many do I need to send to get the prints to go loan?

Hi Ron;

Besides the 5 judges and two alternates, for the Loan Collection you will need more for the Print Master. And it wouldn't hurt to spread some around for the print committee too. :p

Leana_Moss
02-25-2008, 10:13 PM
Hey, my husband works print committee every chance he gets. NOW I know why. He better start sharin'!!