PDA

View Full Version : Print Competition Cases - Home Sick?

Heather_Michelle_Bjoershol
01-08-2006, 03:08 AM
I had competed for the first time last year at the National Print Competition, and will have two prints on display at the PPA convention this year. I will be in great need of my print competition case this February. When will the print cases ship??

Thanks!
Heather

Buddy_Stewart
01-13-2006, 06:43 PM
Heather,
PEC has scheduled the return of cases within three (3) weeks of the end IUSA. I know many don't want to own more than one case but having a backup is almost a necessity if you are using every competition avenue to hone your photographic and competitive skills. Here in the south, my wife and I could have cases at two or more competitions at once (state, National or other) so we have seven cases. We have 4 cases at national now, hers, mine and 2 that I loaned to people who had their one case tied up in another competition. I reccommend having an additional case so you don't have to sweat it when another is needed. Incidentally, cases sent to national will be held until after the IUSA exhibit unless you are unlucky enough to not have any images merit. Those will be returned after the national judging. Hope you are going to IUSA and hope to meet you there.
Buddy Stewart, PEC vice-chairman

Ivan_Domazet
01-19-2006, 11:13 PM
I'm also waiting for my case to come back. I also know that it takes a lot of hard work and time to get the prints back in the cases and shipped out again.

So, I'm ready to buy some more cases. Does PPA Still sell them? We bought two great cases with the PPA Logo on them and they made our friends all jealous. But, I can't find them for sale on PPA's web site any more.

Help please.

Heather_Michelle_Bjoershol
01-20-2006, 02:44 AM
Anyone know what shipping method they are sent? Ground, three day, FedEx? UPS???

John_Stein
01-20-2006, 12:48 PM
Ivan good to see you on the board.

PPA does not have the cases anymore at least I can't find them anywhere on the website. Tenba sells the same cases but with out the logos.

I now have three cases, one for sending to SEPPA and National which is the one that I got from PPA and two that I got from Print File that I use for the Maryalnd and Pennsylvania Competitions, since I commute back and forth I can go with a different case for those

Heather

last year the cases were sent back via UPS

John Stein