PDA

View Full Version : Competition submission question

Roger_Williams
02-19-2008, 03:07 PM
I’m getting ready to enter my first competition and two of the prints I’m thinking about entering are harvest prints and are clearly from the same place. Is it allowed to enter two prints that are very closely related, from the same shoot? Is it smart? :rolleyes:

Thanks for your opinions.

Heather_L._Smith
02-19-2008, 03:40 PM
That's a good question, Roger. I know that you can't have two comp prints from the same subject - if it's obvious that they're from the same place, I would err on the side of caution and submit only one. If you don't, one (or both) prints could get disqualified.

Marc_Benjamin
02-19-2008, 03:52 PM
In most PEC (though check the groups specific rules) modeled comps the rule is that "No two entries of the same subject shall be submitted in the same year."

Now, same year really means same case/same judging. There are locals (like mines) that do a monthly comp which allow same subject within the same year.

Interpreting "same subject" shouldn't really be that hard. Say same setting though different basket's of corn is a go. Now how do they know it's different corn, I would think the print chair will give the maker the benefit of a doubt.