PDA

View Full Version : Imaging USA Podcast

Brian_Baer
01-07-2006, 01:12 AM
Here's an idea for you PPA guys. Record each session at Imaging USA and make them available to PPA members as a podcast through the website.

If you attend you know you can't see more than one speaker at a time. If you attend a session in person you may ask yourself a month later, "what was that example I heard at Imaging USA" This would also be a great service to members who are unable to attend the conference.

As a new owner of an Apple Ipod, I'm having a blast downloading all kinds of podcasts. Here's an example PPA might look at. The Minesota AMA (American Marketing Association) just finnished a large conference with ten or more speakers. Each session was recorded and is available to download for free at Apple ITunes. Here the AMA web site for more information. http://www.mnama.org/

JE_Hedges_Photography
01-07-2006, 12:10 PM
Brian,
I was just thinking about that yesterday. I am attending Imaging USA. There are several classes that I want to attend, but several of them fall on the same day/time... so I am having to make a decision between the two competing classes. I was thinking how great it would be if PPA offered the classes on DVD for later viewing.

I don't believe it should be free though. It should be one price for those who did not attend the conference... and a discount price for those who did. Hiring someone to film, edit, and put on a DVD costs money.

I hope the PPA Big Dogs are listening because this would be an awesome tool for learning. I hate going back through my notes trying to decipher what I wrote on day one.

Michael_Gan
01-09-2006, 11:42 PM
I think they did that about 3 years ago. I seem to remember Tim Kelly's entire program on the IUSA TV. The last couple of years, they just did some syopsis type coverages. It might be that the speakers didn't want their programs aired?

Michael