PDA

View Full Version : another newbie wanting opinions

Laura_Piazza
02-15-2008, 10:32 PM
Hi,
I was wondering if any of you would mind taking a look at some of my photos. I think I may want to enter some prints this year. It'd be the first time for me. Here are some of my favorite photos. Not sure the are competition worthy though. Any comments, opinions, suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

http://www.naturalexpressions-photo.com/nhppa/

DianeDavis
02-15-2008, 10:41 PM
Not qualified to talk about comp worthy or not. I do like your images a lot. Nice job.

And welcome. :D

D._Craig_Flory
02-15-2008, 11:24 PM
Hi Lau;

The food image makes me hungry - and I just had supper too. The only thing I don't like is the stark white stroke. An accent line is supposed to set off the subject layer, from the background layer, without unduly drawing attention to itself.

The bottles are a possibility but I don't see the others working. Please show us more.

Laura_Piazza
02-28-2008, 11:47 PM
Thanks for the feedback and compliments on the bread shot. I have been looking through other options and have some more that I'd love to have some constructive criticism on. Two for the wedding category are attached. Am attaching more for other categories in another post.
Thanks very much!

Laura_Piazza
02-28-2008, 11:49 PM
These would be for the portrait category. comments/suggestions welcome.
thanks!

Laura_Piazza
02-28-2008, 11:50 PM
And these are for portraits as well, but i was not sure which was better, so put both up. Thanks for the input.

KristiSanger
02-29-2008, 12:17 AM
I don't know about using them for comp. (I have never even entered myself) but I love the wedding ones. Especially the second one.

Kristi Sanger
KS Photogrpahy