PDA

View Full Version : Here are the finalist! Please help me decide!

DiannaAllen
02-15-2008, 05:10 AM
I have put these in a slide show but it think it is too fast for you to judge them from it. I'll post it and then post the individual images tomorrow if necessary. Too lazy to post all nine tonight. The slideshow will be a test to see which ones have impact and appropriate title. I am going to select 6, three of them are of the same child so only 1 can go.. I'm told I can enter 6 at state.;)

Which ones have the best chance for merit and/or scoring to hang at State?
I'm making my decision by Saturday so I won't worry you again for a while. :rolleyes:

Click on the picture below to start slideshow.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x277/Dianna58/th_FullMoonatDusk.jpg (http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x277/Dianna58/?action=view&current=03bcbe47.pbw)

Lori_Clapp
02-15-2008, 05:28 AM
Dianna, I would love to help you out, but I am in the same boat as you - trying to get help on my comp prints!! I will just say that my least favorite is "dreaming of tomorrow", and for the title on "I broke it", I like something more like "Uh-oh" better. But I'm not good with titles. Maybe you should ask Holly?

I do have a question though - how can you enter 6? I thought we could only enter 4.

DiannaAllen
02-15-2008, 03:37 PM
Dianna, I would love to help you out, but I am in the same boat as you - trying to get help on my comp prints!! I will just say that my least favorite is "dreaming of tomorrow", and for the title on "I broke it", I like something more like "Uh-oh" better. But I'm not good with titles. Maybe you should ask Holly?

I do have a question though - how can you enter 6? I thought we could only enter 4.

Our State Convention allows 6 prints. Thanks

Ron_Jackson
02-15-2008, 04:07 PM
Dianna believe me I am going through the same struggle as you and many others right now. Narrowing down my images to the final four. What I have to say holds little weight since I too am a first timer at this.

My choices would be Southern Charm, I Broke It (needs a different title), Snow Princess, and maybe Double Trouble.

That's about the best I can do for what it's worth.
Good luck to you!

Joe_Galioto
02-15-2008, 04:28 PM
dianna,
the 4 i like the best:
double trouble
full moon
snow princess
southern charm
i have no comment on the others - it's a duck shoot
good luck
joe

D._Craig_Flory
02-15-2008, 04:45 PM
I too like Snow Princess, Double Trouble, Southern Charm, & Full Moon.

DiannaAllen
02-15-2008, 04:52 PM
Thanks everyone...I'm entering 6 so would you mind giving 2 more next favs?

I like Lori's title suggestion. I think I'll name her "Uh-Oh!":)

D._Craig_Flory
02-15-2008, 05:13 PM
Hi Dianna;

Ok, I'd add Dreaming of Tomorrow and Mommy, I'm Beautiful. That one needs to be flipped though.

Don_Chick
02-15-2008, 05:40 PM
Dianna,

My picks would be:

Full Moon
Double Trouble
I broke it (color)
Southern Charm
Snow Princess

and make #6 from the best paying client from those left to select from. That way they will be thrilled and tell all their friends (potential clients for you)!

Good luck

Jim_Lersch
02-15-2008, 06:47 PM
Dianna, I'm 100% with Don. Also, the title "Uh-Oh" is a winner instead of "I Broke It".

Keith_A_Howe
02-16-2008, 12:29 AM
I feel these are the strongest of what choices you have presented

Full Moon
Double Trouble
I Broke It b&w
Snow Princess

for the other two - just pick what you like best. I don't have a preference.

Keith

DiannaAllen
02-22-2008, 07:46 PM
Wish me luck! This was my first time entering state. There is sooo much work to getting competition prints out.

The ones I sent were:
Uh-Oh! (previously I Broke It)
Southern Charm (bride)
Dreaming of Tomorrow
Full Moon at Dusk
Double Trouble
Snow Princess

Thanks for all your help everyone!

Nylora_Bruleigh
02-22-2008, 09:47 PM
Good Luck Dianna!

As a side note I entered a "Dreaming of Tomorrow" last year and it was my first Loan print ever!

I will send good vibes your way!

Nylora

keithpix
02-22-2008, 10:03 PM
I like Full Moon and Double Trouble!! Good Luck