PDA

View Full Version : Want to cc an album?

Jeff_Dachowski
02-13-2008, 09:58 PM
If anyone out there is interested in taking a bit of time to cc a full wedding album, please let me know. I am not looking for compliments, but am looking for ways or suggestions to improve the album. It is 34 pages, so if interested I can send you a link and a password.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

MarilynDillon
02-13-2008, 10:19 PM
hi jeff - i am not qualified to provide much CC but would love to take a look.
i like your new photo!

MarilynDillon
02-14-2008, 02:10 AM
Ok Jeff - Stunning Wedding and Photos! I have never seen an album judged -- so take my opinions for what they are....just that.
Page 2 - Something about the groom's head on top of the headless photo doesn't sit right with me -- like it is misplaced.
Page 4 - While the page is lovely looking it did leave me feeling just a little confused as to the storytelling aspect -- felt like the photos were from many different parts of the wedding?
page 5 - on the low res i wasn't sure what the underlying photo is -- maybe wine bottles? i am sure it looks great in higher resolution
same page (5) - on the photo on the upper right - the white building behind the groom is distracting to me.
Page 8 - not sure what I would do here -- but the photos in the lower right don't quite feel right to me -- they are a little distracting (but that is just me perhaps)
page 9 - the trapped empty white space bothers me a little on the left hand side. i might switch the two photos but leave the bottoms aligned.
page 10 - there is a lot of one theme here -- i would love to see an accent shot of some sort as a place to rest my eyes.
page 12 - not sure you need the cake shots here. to strengthen the storytellng perhaps some reaction shots of guests as they enter?
page 14 - what a stunning cake and gorgeous photo of it.

i really love the feel -- it is fun and elegant.
after seeing this i am VERY unsure about submitting an album myself :rolleyes:

Jeff_Dachowski
02-14-2008, 02:14 AM
HI Marilyn
thanks so much.

I have decided to add a ceremony only page which I think might help that confusing page.

I have noted all of your objections, and agree with most of them.

Thanks so much for taking the time to look and cc. I know it takes a while.

Jeff

Jeff_Dachowski
02-14-2008, 02:17 PM
Marilyn,
I updated a bunch of the pages per your suggestions. Take a look when you get a moment.
Jeff

Jane_Lydick_Staid
02-14-2008, 02:41 PM
Can I see it Jeff?

Jeff_Dachowski
02-14-2008, 02:44 PM
Can I see it Jeff?

Tyring to get a peek at the competition are yee??

Jeff

Jane_Lydick_Staid
02-14-2008, 03:12 PM
It looks nice Jeff.

One thing I would change is to add more images of the bridesmaids in the pre ceremony section and not use the first image of the cake top. One is enough.

I havent even started mine but I've got it all in my head.

MarilynDillon
02-14-2008, 07:06 PM
Hi Jeff - That is looking very sharp!

JohnMalboeuf
02-15-2008, 03:46 AM
Jeff,

This looks fantastic. The only comments I have are:

1) you should consider swapping page 15 (reception) and 16 (toast). I think it will flow better.
2) that the last 2 pages are too similar to one another. Of the 2 pages, I like Page 17 better than 18. I like the way it finishes off the album.

Great style and content.

John

Laura_Piazza
02-15-2008, 09:59 PM
Hi Jeff,
I have never entered a photo in competition, but am a graphic designer, so will give you some feedback strictly from a design standpoint to do with it what you will.

page 1 - the contrast of the words on the left could be lessened as I feel it competes with the image itself. I love the photo, but the names pull my eye off the page.
Page 2 - The flower in the corner being in color pulls my eye away from the rings. I think having the page all in color or all in BW, or at least the two smaller photos in color, would help.
Page 3 - on the right I think the page would work better if it was all in color or all in BW, which is my general opinion with album design as you'll notice.
Page 4- Will the middle shots be ok once the book is constructed, i.e. not fall into the spine?
Page 8- Again, will the middle shots be ok once the book is constructed, i.e. not fall into the spine?
Page 9 - Maybe put the color photo to BW or the BW to color on the left.
Page 10 - I'd have that page all in color to keep viewers eye moving throughout the layout.
Page 12 - I think the left side would be more successful all in color (I'm sure you're getting sick of that comment by now)
Page 15 - I'd do all color there as well
Page 18 - Same comment as I had for page 1

It's a very beautiful album with awesome photos and your design is very clean and sophisticated. Hope you find my picky comments useful.